Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Yes, but luckily I didn't cancel our Jan LR reservation. It's the extra range and 5s to 100 that's important to us, so I don't mind what colour it is. That being said, if we can get a red LR with inductions for the same price,I wouldn't complain. So we're going to transfer the outstanding 5k to tesla tonight so that the fire sale LR is at least fully paid for. But I don't think it will make any difference to the outcome.

If they call, I'll try to reason with them on the phone that it'll just go back to languish in inventory until they drop the price to 59999, so maybe we can save both of us some time and compromise on this price now. When that fails I'll ask them will they give free SUC kms to make up for the terrible experience. When that fails I'll hang on to the reservation until the last moment, not out of spite but in the vain hope that someone else might be successful in getting the fire sale price restored. But in the end I'll just cancel and give up like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

This just changed now, in the morning it was showing discounted new cars in UK and they were not demo .. same applies to France and other EU sites and some discounts were even 6-7k

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah the discounts the other day were more In line with what we were getting the ither night. Earlier when I looked the discounts were way lower around £800 mark and now the ex demo are around 1-2k. Changed for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Q1 is over and the sales target is clock is reset, suspect that's the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Akula

Anybody else have different figures in their order agreement and amount due.

My amount due has VRT added on top of the car price. While the order agreement clearly states the price is inclusive of vrt and the seai grant.

Also bought in the fire sale but no call yet. Anybody else still to get a call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭antfin

If the advertised car was a LHD car currently in stock in Netherlands and discounted but added to the Irish site by mistake, would you be happy to take it if Tesla offered to honour the contract and ship it over for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

I have RHD VIN assigned so it’s definitely not the case of Dutch inventory being advertised here by mistake…

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes. 469 others if you read through the posts. Go by your order agreement in your email for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Akula

Are you referring to there being others who haven’t gotten the call? Or others having the same issue with amount due or both?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Pricing issue.

for the last month it’s all that people posted about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NecronMF9

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

If the day ahead of me was calling people to explain this royal mess I think I’d quit and stay in bed.🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

i have done that yesterday with people calling about my new cancelled car that was due for collection yesterday and have to go through the explanation process 🤣🤣🤣 not an easy one!!!🤯🤯🤯

By the way lads, I had ordered hubcaps which is due to arrive next week from AliExpress, black ones, I’m not sure if I can post here or adverts.ie but if anyone is interested I can let it go to same price I bought. Pm me if interested and I can send the images etc. I ordered back in February and arriving now 🙈 MY 19”

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally some good news, just off the phone with Tesla, apparently someone in the US has now overruled the lads in the Netherlands and anyone who bagged one in the firesale will get it the first week of May. Finally someone has seen sense.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jimmyvr5

If this situation ever happened it would not be the consumers problem in the same way a company making an error and bait advertising discounts is not the consumers problem it is simply illegal.

Misleading advertising can be reported to the CCPC whether it's the result of the retailers mistake or not, the advertising at false prices happened.

The CCPC can take enforcement action against a trader who fails to comply with consumer law.Among the illegal practices are:

Traders are not allowed to use misleading sales practices to influence your decision to buy their product or service.Not the consumers problem of they make a mistake.

Forcing consumers to take a higher price or they would cancel the order could also be regarded as coercion which is also illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Anybody who had their fire sale order cancelled considering legal action I wonder? The sale price looked like a legitimate price and was available for two days so I’d be kicking up a big fuss.

Also anybody returning the car within 14 days and docked the cost of VRT would be well advised to consider legal action, Tesla have no grounds for holding back what is likely to be €3000 to €4000 unless it is specifically referred to in their sales agreement

Having said that the level of entitlement for anybody returning within 14 days simply because Tesla put some other cars on sale is staggering!

Tesla is clear that it wants to grow market share and one obvious way to do that is to discount prices - and with their margin and continual drive to cut costs it’s highly lightly they will discount again or indeed reduce prices. More power to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Has anyone with a LR + induction wheels received a call regarding the sale mess up?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Was wondering the same. I haven't yet anyways and the order on my account is as per purchase date

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

I ordered a MYLR on the standard 19" wheels - I haven't heard anything from Tesla.

For anyone here impacted by this - any interest in having a chat to discuss what our best course of action is?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

MYLR with Induction order here too. No call received but I imagine it’s only a matter of time. The fact that these will fall out of grant eligibility is the most frustrating part.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

The adjustment is noted in sales agreement …. Last line before total

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Personally I feel that anyone impacted directly by this is justified to take whatever action they feel is appropriate for their situation,

The decision to make a big purchase like a car is one that many people take different approaches to and if this decision is undermined by Tesla or anybody else and you have recourse then it is the individuals decision whether they take that recourse or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

Yes I’ve been impacted and am awaiting the call. Fairly pissed off to be messed around like this. I’ve been thinking about what I will say to them. I don’t want to get angry at them because the person making the call will most likely have been sent out to take the heat so it’s not their fault. I blame the people higher up the chain.

I definitely think we have some rights here though as it clearly states in the order agreement that the discount has been applied. I have never heard any cases exactly like this before though. Especially when they had the sales up all across Europe. (Does EU consumer law come into this?) It seems very discriminatory to all of a sudden take it off the Irish.

Has anyone any advice on what we do say when we get the call. If a few of us are saying the same thing they might take notice . I don’t want to take this lying down.

here are the photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Advertisement