Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

As if it couldn't be more grim from the rain stats, Cork Airport is set to have its cloudiest March on record too. It has had 44.7 hrs of sunshine to the 30th. That's cloudier than an average December. Its old record was 55.2 hrs in March 1996.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Rain warning issued for Yellow - Rain Warning for Antrim, Armagh, Tyrone, Derry

Heavy rain here this evening. Feels mild enough.

I wouldn’t normally bother posting this but with all the talk of rain why not. Uk met office released their preliminary march stats. March 1-30 included. Final figures April 3rd.

For England, 111.3mm of rain has fallen so far in the month, 91% more than its average. Northern Ireland has seen 137.4mm of rain falling, which is 58% more than average.

Scotland, however, saw rainfall totals more in line with its average, with 128.7mm of rain being just 3% more than average.

Below, rainfall amount % of average. At first glance you’d almost think England must have had more rain than Scotland but that’s not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Robwindstorm

I don't like to criticize met eireann but I think a rainfall warning should have been issued for some parts of the country like the British met office did. They have flooding mentioned in their general forecast and the radar is showing several more hours of heavy rain in places so why not use the warning system. At times in the past I think it was used a bit over the top, but I think at least a yellow rainfall warning is warranted this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Calm and dry. 9⁰ Westport.

Looking at the radar still raining overat the East Coast since left there at noon 😲 For a change West Coast calm tonight.

Rain has turned wintry here. Giant flakes mixed in. Must be evaporational cooling in effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I agree with ya on this occassion, not a big believer in them unless really required, but considering how easy it seemed to issue various warnings throughout the winter, this genuinely could have deserved one, my rain bucket picked the wrong weekend to pack it in because we are nearly at 24 hours of continuous and often heavy rain here in Meath, and still looks like a few hours more left

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunning morning herevin North County Dublin, already 17 degrees.

Think I'll have a barbecue later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny spells in West cork (not an April fools! :) ) With some light showers every so often, windy though. But the sun just makes everything so much better, even if it is for brief periods!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not a bad morning in Trim with a few very warm sunny breaks. Light northerly breeze and the Boyne is unusually high for April.

Drizzle now but a lot of beefy looking showers developing upwind to my North. Another week afternoon on the cards so.

April Fools!

In reality, lashing rain for 300000 day in North County Dublin.

The sun came out for a few seconds the other day and actually blinded me, I was like wtf is that?

Can I borrow that ark that a few of you were building?

Ah no, that bloody weather front has reactivated over us again. The ark will be just completed in time for the drought. Will you guys out west create a bit of wind to blow this rain into the Irish sea once and for all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely bright fresh morning in Kerry, 11.3C in a good breeze, need it to start drying out the land, saturated. Nice to see the leaves appearing on the trees and shrubs.

Moderate to heavy rain the past while in Trim. Hard to believe this stream running by the garden almost dried up during the heatwave last summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Some torrential downpours in the last hour, is the weather particularly awful these past few weeks?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Lovely day in Galway. A real spring feeling. The grass is really starting to grow now which is no harm because some of the sports pitches need more growth.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Same up the road in Castlebar, dry bright and fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭snowgal

Rotten afternoon here near Trim, just constant grey, rain, blugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Under age soccer cancelled here in north Kildare. The ground is completely sodden and can't be played on.

Pools of water in our garden as well today.

Must have been one of the wettest months of March on record?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

That narrow band of cloud stretching from Derry to Dundalk, Dublin, Bray, Arklow, Gorey, Wexford town and to Rosslare has hardly moved sideways since last night, unreal, just seems stuck 😩

Still fecking lashing here I'm NCD, I have the blinds up as far as they can go to let in more natural light.

We have barely benefited from longer evenings since clocks went forward because its been so dull and raining all the time, you can't enjoy it anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another atrocious day here in Meath, it's basically been raining non stop since Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭esposito

After a dry couple of hours it’s now lashing rain again in Dublin. Manky. Tomorrow and next week looking a lot better for the east thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Class. I'd love a stream at the end of my garden.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Yes I noticed that secman, it went from a larger type weather front yesterday to a fairly intense narrow band of rain and some of us are stuck under it today. Will we get the usual cold Easter I wonder, last Easter Sunday was bitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement