Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

My advice to those affected by the firesale is not to cancel your order (nor allow Tesla to cancel it). Keep it active & then open dispute about advertised discount being removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Just got a call back from the UK support team as we requested one from Irish support yesterday.

They say they don't know of any issues with Irish orders and agreed that the whole ordering process in general is a terrible experience.

Nothing in terms of the car being cancelled and that if that's to happen, the Irish team will contact.

We will be at the estimated delivery dates before long, they'd want to pull the finger out and let us know.

I agree with others here though, the price is on the order pdf, the adjustment was clear 'showroom adjustment' so I won't be just accepting it as an error from Tesla, allowing them to cancel it so it's gone from the account and moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I wish people would stop referring to it as a fire sale, that’s the term disgruntled owners used because they missed out. Cars were not discounted by 50%, it was a flash sale that also happened on 10 Mar and was available in multiple countries across Europe.

If I get a call I’ll be asking them to explain why it was a pricing error, why is that discount being honoured in other EU countries but not Ireland, when did they found out it was an error, why it took them so long to contact me.. depending on the answers my questions might change slightly.

I will not be agreeing to anything on the phone, I’ll be asking for them to put this all in an email and will phone CCPC for advice.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

Agree Calling the CCPC is a great idea Please come back and let us know if you have made any progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Well I just got a text to submit final details for my trade in against my MY firesale order, so fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Me too. Not sure why they want the same photos again, given I sent them a few days ago 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Like that it was a sale, some people got lucky (or not depending how this pans out). It happens every day buying stuff only to see it on sale a few days later and we end up sucking it up, the way Tesla is handling it is a whole different matter. Returning a car within 14 days seems bonkers to me as there is no guarantee of getting it at a sale price again and may even be more expensive if not delivered before the end of June.

We had no intention of changing the car but the price drop on Jan'13 made us look at it and with the grant reduction then Tesla is looking like good value compared to everything out there, this hasn't changed because a few cars went on sale and we will likely proceed at the full price depending how Tesla handle this.

Like you @Pop'n'Fresh I'll be asking a few questions and getting them to confirm all the details in writing as I'll just want some legal advice on it, I find companies don't like things in writing. If it works out great if not then c'est la vie and we will progress from there.

For those who have cancelled orders on the back of buying at sale price I would hope Tesla can sort something out because that is a right sh*t show, similarly for those who have now paid in full at the sale price and where they stand.

I still have the two cars on my account at the prices when ordered with vin's assigned and the same date range for delivery so I can't imagine Tesla got it so wrong that these cars shouldn't have been on the system or are cars that should have been assigned elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I think you may be confused, you have 14 days to let them know your intention. Then 14 days to return to Tesla from that date . Effectively pushed to its limits that’s 28 days.

now anyone who intended returning a car that has just been collected as a result of a flash sale purchase is completely entitled to do so. As is their right. But you would want to be 100% sure the sale car is locked in. Which seems to be far far from the case now. Otherwise shooting yourself in the foot, I would imagine everyone on here is smart enough to know this.

for those people it’s a matter of watching what happens. Nothing lost nothing gained 🤷

As has been suggested in other posts I don’t think there is enough people in the above cohort for this to be teslas main reason for the U-turn. (Using pricing error as a cover)

Again people who cancelled future orders is a completely different ball game. Those orders should really be reinstated at minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Feel very sorry for the folks that cancelled orders due in April based on ordering a discounted car this week, getting a VIN immediately along with a close delivery date range. Tesla should step up here and honour the orders at the price agreed. The discount was not massive (8/10%?) and in line with other EU countries. Very bad form if they go through with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

@mun1 - I know you’re home and hosed, so any chance you’d be willing to share your order number with the Group?

Might add some ammunition to those of us complaining to Tesla and CPCC if we can quote a fulfilled order sold under the same ‘pricing error’ weeks earlier.

• Advertisement

Agreed and I'm really only referring to those who have picked up a car and don't have another on order and hoping to do so in the future on sale and are looking to return. As per agreement, Tesla are entitled to usage costs, cleaning, repair and admin costs which they could decide are anything and end up costing you more in the long run.

As you say it really is a waiting game at this stage and as we are now into April they would want to make it clear sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Also been told to accept nothing over the phone from Tesla and you want in writing as you never bought the car over the phone and ask them copy ccpc. For me I’m just hoping to get a car at the end of all of this at sale price or the price that I was happy to pay in the first place obviously would like the sale price.

details below

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

Pedestrian test is particularly bad in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mun1

Here you go. Ordered on the Friday. I will be honest i was surprised they didnt cancel it. Got a phone call from tesla (David) on saturday 11th .(when i seen the number i said to the wife “here we go , they are not going to honour it”. I had two other orders anyway. Anyway, David confirmed price, and pickup date for 20th march.

hope this helps. Web price day before was €61,400.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Was the point of the sale not to boost Q1 figures, if you didn't take delivery of the car in Q1 then you'd miss the discount.

Was that not specified?

Seems pointless to discount them if they're for Q2 numbers when they'd easily shift them all at full price in Q2.

Champion.

Have a barrister in the family who’s going to run with it for a bit of craic. Don’t imagine it’ll get anywhere but worth a try, won’t cost him much energy to throw some stuff down on official paper.

Although his initial reaction to -

• you have an order agreement

• you have a text confirming price and to make payment

• you’ve made full payment.

• they’re now cancelling.

was one of surprise to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Agree about using the CPCC. From previous experience where we had to go after a big business, we were advised to use the relevant state body rather than going the personal legal route. A big company like tesla will know they can beat any personal case by the fear of costs associated with a protracted legal case. State bodies have no such concerns and having multiple complaintants will help.

Suspect this was their intention but absolutely not specified anywhere. Now trying to use a fairly tenuous ‘pricing error’ excuse to back out when they couldn’t meet their own internal delivery deadline.

Will be going via CPCC also but haven’t actually received anything from Tesla yet so will wait until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

They were never going to meet it as the cars still aren't in the country! Strange all round.

I think it's also important to set people's expectations and understand the role of the CCPC. You can make a complaint about the sales practices of Tesla Ireland to the CCPC and ask them for advice. I can only assume the more complaints they receive, the more likely they will be to review/take action. However they will not fight your individual case, the onus is on you to pursue legal action if you so wish. Here's an excerpt from the CCPC website:

"If you believe a business has breached your consumer rights, you can also report the business to us. The CCPC does not get involved in individual cases. However, we monitor all complaints to inform our enforcement actions."

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/how-to-complain/

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

Another interesting excerpt from the CCPC website on pricing, not sure what it means for those who have already paid for their car in full.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/pricing/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Well you were lucky since your car was just €1400 over the grant.Tesla didn't really lose any money since they would get the 5k grant money.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

This is what I’m hoping for. I don’t care about paying a little more but I won’t be paying 7k (take grant away) for a set of alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

Well Tesla net margin per car is $9.5k, so they are not going to lose money on any of the cars on sale. As mentioned here many times, similar discounts were available on other European markets & without any stipulation that inventory cars need to be collected by March 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

The status showed “Coming soon”, instead of “Ready for collection”. They certainly should have known that the cars were still not in the country with only 2 more days to go before Q1 ended. Also an EDD of 19-Apr to 4-May was given immediately after the discounted car was booked. Hard to argue that they thought they could make the Q1 deadline, isn’t it?

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 16 El Wexican

For what its worth, have just been onto Tesla support. They asked was I in the UK or Ireland and was quite clear that they were "aware of" the rumor but the discount would be applied to the purchase. - Who knows, but it does not look like this is a straightforward issue for Tesla to back out of a promotional price. They had lots of calls from Ireland and he clearly was in command of the answer he gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Some people have already received call’s though to say that the price is incorrect…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Wouldn’t be surprised if they started ringing to mitigate the issue but perhaps there’s been push back and they are trying to work out the best solution. The guys/girls in Tesla to be fair seem like reasonable people. They are under maximum pressure coming off the back of q1 sales. I’m sure their heads are spinning

Advertisement