Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AerLingus747

I'm going to guess they aren't healthy if they're dead

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So what are the numbers you are claiming for healthy people having died from Covid or the vaccines?

• Administrators Posts: 14,032 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@[Deleted User] if you have figures specifying those who already had underlying conditions versus those who had none then please post them to support your discussion. If you have a point to make and are claiming it as fact you are required to back it up.

If you don't have figures then you are arguing/questioning in bad faith.

I don't have actual figures, no one does, but I give you this article from early on in the pandemic when covid deaths were grossly exaggerated.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/05/covid19-death-figures-a-substantial-over-estimate/

For example in Northern Ireland the definition of a covid death was loosely as follows.

individuals who have died within 28 days of first positive result, whether or not COVID-19 was the cause of death

With such criteria it is impossible to accurately count actual deaths caused by covid before the vaccination programme started, likewise it is also extremely difficult to accurately calculate the percentage of "excess deaths" that are a direct result of the vaccines, but it is known that countries with the highest rates of vaccination also exhibited the greatest rats of excess deaths.

As for figures, well ther are the US medicare stats.

this chart for example shows deaths in the weeks after the jab, the graph drops off over time.

so what about the UK Gov acknowledgement of the broadness of death count, introducing UK wide revision in Aug 2020 which reduced the death count by 5,000 alone in England.... or are you just going to pick and choose what takes your fancy from 2020?

Also, a site which claims that data wasn't followed claiming nobody wants it seen, then links to a public database, is clickbait craporama

• Advertisement

I don't have actual figures, no one does

So stop asking posters to provide them to you. If you persist you will be thread banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Interesting reading. Someone finally start coming up with a numbers of what it cost us even though this study is focused on USA only.

A new report estimates that 26.6 million people were injured, 1.36 million disabled, and 300,000 excess deaths can be attributed to COVID-19 vaccine damages in 2022 alone, which cost the economy nearly $150 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Save anyone else the time - I had a quick look at that and it is, you will be amazed to hear, absolute gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,085 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's called the Vaccine Damage project. Impartial much? Who are "Phinance Technologies" and why have they taken this stance?

"Vaccines" is in quotes, which is a red flag as to what we're in store for.

I scanned through the website for how they actually can attribute excess deaths or deaths to vaccination and drew a blank.

Care to explain?

This appear to have lumped any increases in excess deaths (or work absences) that occurred post rollout of vaccination to vaccines. This is a position without merit or foundation. No attempt to assess impact of covid, long covid, lifestyle changes, displaced mortality, heatwaves, longer waiting lists, impact on screenings, capacity issues etc etc

So this appears to be a con job, nothing more, nothing less.

Probably aware they are pulling a con job, they fall back to weasel words like "or at least an estimated upper limit for the vaccine damage." You could drive a bus through that.

Where's their equivalent assessment of the impact of actual covid? Or do they think it's a "scamdemic"? Strange to be interested in vaccine damage and yet have so little to say about the damage from covid itself. And by strange, a red flag this is an anti vax propaganda front.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

3 dudes who worked in the finance sector, pushing a vaccine injuries report, which has no report or definition of what a vaccine injury is anywhere on the site, but is looking for donations and support...

Yeah you work away and throw your money at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,984 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

One of which is Edward Dowd, who, by a remarkable coincidence, is selling a book indirectly claiming that vaccines are behind deaths and that "adult sudden death syndrome" didn't exist before 2021 and is part of some conspiracy.

He, of course, lights up like a Christmas tree when it comes to fact checks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Seems like a staple for the Kennedy library, Robert the lessers that is.

So look who has revised down the importance of covid vaccination for everyone,

Also they have finally acknowledged that natural immunity exists.

When did they deny that natural immunity exists?

That is a very specific claim and you make it without foundation in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Funny how no media or government official said anyone died from covid as they chose their words carefully but you can confirm from reading a random page that 1000 died from covid.

Their implicit claims that natural immunity didn't exist is clear to see throughout the pandemic, only vaccine will do.

No it isn't. You might think that but you're miles away from supporting it with evidence.

They made no such claim. You are unable to point to any actual direct evidence of such a claim made by them.

Implicitly, by recommending a gap between infection and vaccination that shows an understanding of natural immunity.

Even if they did express a preference for vaccination over natural immunity that does not show that they denied natural immunity existed. Merely that one was superior \ more reliable. Also, to acquire natural immunity you have to run the risks attendant with infection.

So nope, you are the one making a statement of fact - rather than your interpretation of their actions - and your claim is without foundation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The ONS is a government agency, not some "random page", so not sure how that fits with your claim that nobody ever said that anyone died of covid?

SO, please tell me, how many unvaccinated people do you know who got covid more than once? I know no one (I only had one infection, as had other unvaxxed family members), but I do know plenty of vaccinated people who have had more than one infection, other family members and neighbours.

I know one unvaccinated colleague. Maybe others are unvaccinated and I don't know. But I do know one colleague in particular is unvaccinated. She got it twice. And was very sick both times. Her husband also got it twice (unvaccinated) and ended up hospitalised once. I have an old school friend who is unvaccinated who was hospitalised and his family were told to expect the worst. He eventually recovered. I don't know much about how his health is since recovering.

I know vaccinated friends/family who have never had it. And I know vaccinated friends/family who had mild symptoms once. I don't personally know of anyone who is vaccinated who has been hospitalised.

I know lots of people who have never had it. I don't know whether they're vaccinated or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 the-genius

Data coming out now is backing the so called conspiracy theory that Vitamin D prevented people getting seriously ill form Covid, the worst effected people where those in doors in nursing homes, no sunlight= low Vitamin D.

I for years have take Vitamins and supplements, one of them would be Vitamin D, got Covid and it was a head cold and I'm unvaxxed, many friends, family and work colleagues who where vaxxed got it and where sick as dogs, all to a man/woman did not take Vitamin D and where not outdoors people., several of them have got Covid a second time and have been equally as sick as first time, as for me once and done.

There is no talking to them, the usual "thank God I was vaxxed, imagine how bad it would have been without", despite the mountain of evidence regarding this fallacy, anyway I wish the vaxxed and unvaxxed all the best.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, its a duck, get that Vitamin D into you.

Just no actual data or evidence to support any of your statements of fact, other than you own necessarily limited small sample set of anecdotal data.

Has Vitamin D been a conspiracy theory? Doubtful claim. This is it being discussed in the Dail in 2021.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/question/2021-11-18/344/

When people who advocated taking vitiman D to help the immune system wrer routinely cancelled and their posts deleted, it is no wonder there is scant information about the effectiveness of taking the vitimans.

If people made statements of fact re: Vitamin D for Covid then they were spreading medical misinformation because they had no basis to make such a claim. Especially if in combination with other unfounded anti-vaccine misinformation or touting up some other miracle cure. So I think your recollection of what happened may be blinkered somewhat and your description not the full truth of the situation. And if they relate to Boards posts, not at all something I am going to discuss.

Vitamin D was looked at, no conclusive evidence has been found showing a benefit. As noted in Dail post above, it was not ignored, it actively looked into by NPHET and discussed in our parliament. Not sure how any of this translates into a conspiracy theory.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2797574

https://www.bmj.com/content/378/bmj-2022-071230

When people who advocated taking vitamin D to help the immune system were routinely cancelled and their posts deleted, it is no wonder there is scant information about the effectiveness of taking the vitamins.

Vitamin D does help in reducing illness as noted below, so to accuse people who support the use of vitamin D of spreading "midical misinformation" is clearly wrong.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/vitamin-d/

Also, laboratory studies show that vitamin D can reduce cancer cell growth, help control infections and reduce inflammation. Many of the body’s organs and tissues have receptors for vitamin D, which suggest important roles beyond bone health, and scientists are actively investigating other possible functions.

As for posts being deleted, I am referring to the internet in general, many blogs have been deleted many posts on multiple media platforms have been deleted and users banned, just for saying that taking vitamin D will be beneficial to help reduce the affects of an infection.

This post IS in a conspiracy theory forum after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Vitamin D wasn't a conspiracy theory in any way.

Vitamin D, or calciferol, is a necessary hormonal nutrient that since research in the early 1920s has been known to enrich bones, reduce inflammation and boost immune response to environmental infections.

It has for decades been recommended or administered to people with auto immune or cancer type illnesses to enable their own systems have the best chance to assist synthetic medicine in repelling disease.

And so it was an absolute no brainer to recommend it to people as a defence against Covid-19, not as any sort of vaccine, but as a bolster for people who may be infected with an entirely new, rapidly changing and capriciouly strong type of infection that their immune system had never experienced before.

Theres no conspiracy or misguided aspect to it. Its no more dangerous or controversial than telling folk to eat food to mitigate hunger, or drink water to mitigate thirst.

Did you read IN FULL the link you posted:

The role of vitamin D in disease prevention is a popular area of research, but clear answers about the benefit of taking amounts beyond the RDA are not conclusive. Although observational studies see a strong connection with lower rates of certain diseases in populations that live in sunnier climates or have higher serum levels of vitamin D, clinical trials that give people vitamin D supplements to affect a particular disease are still inconclusive... More research is needed before we can definitively say that vitamin D protects against the flu and other acute respiratory infections. 

So you have misrepresented the article contents, by cherry picking one sentence out of its full context.

And to state that "taking Vitamin D will be beneficial" as a statement of fact is a medical misinformation.

If someone said taking vitamin D will be beneficial versus Covid (which is an infection) then they were spreading medical misinformation about Vitamin D wrt Covid. And it would be utterly disingenuous to suggest in the context of their posts during the Covid pandemic that infection did not refer directly or indirectly Covid.

And if they weren't referring to Covid, well, this is the Covid thread, so I am not going to discuss it further than that.

And I highly doubt people who said that I think Vitamin D could be of benefit, without reference to it being an alternative to vaccines or taking precautions etc etc were 'cancelled'. It was looked into by NPHET, it was discussed in the Dail.

Or indeed the Harvard article was not cancelled and it says...

More research is needed before we can definitively say that vitamin D protects against the flu and other acute respiratory infections. Even if vitamin D has some benefit, don’t skip your flu shot. And when it comes to limiting risk of COVID-19, it is important to practice careful social distancing and hand washing.

It is if when pitched as it's the cure that THEY are trying to keep from YOU and instead push their VACCINE.

OR when pitched that you need to take multiples of the RDA.

Not when pitched as well we think this might be of benefit and to get to the RDA -> but keep doing all the other recommended things.

So there was no real conspiracy theory to it, just a fabricated one, pretending THEY (the authorities) were trying to keep something they knew to be beneficial from people when they did no such thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Conspiracy theorists and right-wing subversives in fact-twisting shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I wonder how many people who pushed Vitamin D were selling supplements of some sort. I seem to remember it being a bit of a wonder drug for the Gwyneth brigade way before Covid.

Advertisement