Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyShowtime 1.99 per month

• 08-03-2023 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭

SkyShowtime via Romania is currently 1.99 per month for life if you sign up by April.

You need a VPN to any of the European countries where it is available to watch. (Sky don't seem to abide by the EU watch like home rule)

I used Android tv APK on firesticks, works perfectly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Poolboy19

What's the library on it like? Am I right in thinking there's a mix of sky programs and paramount?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭EnzoScifo

Can't seem to get the android tv apk to download on my firestick. Anything extra needed to get it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

Thanks for starting new thread.

Which version of android TV app did you download to the Firestick?

I downloaded it, it’ll launch and show library but when I try play video the screen ratio is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Confusing that Sky are calling this new service ShowTime when there is a different US TV network and streaming service also called ShowTime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

It's a joint venture between both for the European market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

For this service you need to sign up on the website & not the app. Romania is the cheapest at €1.99 a month you can use PayPal to pay with revolut & no need for Romanian address. You can change the app language to English in the app just use Google lens to translate. The library does vary from country to country currently switching between Romania & Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭baz9375

Reply from Getflix about adding support for Skyshowtime app. Not good news :-(

DNS4Me have it in their list for the Netherlands but I couldn't get it to work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ECookie13

There's a couple of vpns that have Romanian servers but expect them to be super slow or crippled. Don't expect 1080p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

Usually Netherlands vpn servers are quite fast so hopefully they have plenty of content that you would only need Romania vpn for the signup.

Has anyone tried dns4me and the Sky Showtime (Netherlands) option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used surfshark and got perfect usability. The odd time I got a vpn detected message but I think i was moving around too much for the app.

Based on what I've seen on it, I don't think I'll go beyond a month or two to be honest. A lot of stuff is already on prime or netflix

Is anyone using this on a firestick and if so where did you get the app? The interface works but anything I play is magnified.

That happened with me. Restarted firesticks and it was fixed. Android tv app rather than android app

Cheers. I had to restart both the TV and Fire Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭newincity

Thanks, OP I was able to signup for this. Is there a way to change language in profile for website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

You change it in your profile, not the settings so it's confusing. I did on a desktop computer. When you login your profiles come up, If you hover the mouse over your profile avatar there's an edit button. In your profile settings, language is the third option down. Once you choose your new language and save it, any time you choose that profile on your other devices, your selected language will be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I signed up and was watching it last night via ExpressVPN and it eventually stopped with a message saying I was not allowed watch via vpn. With that and the hassle installing the app I think I will give it a miss. I am happy to have Netflix, Disney and Prime. 2 euro a month is great though.

• Advertisement

It works with dns4me. Netherlands only though.

dns4me also allows you to set different regions for Disney+ and HBO Max amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭newincity

Is there a native app for fire tv stick?

How are people finding this? Not sure I'll be keeping it going tbh

I'll hold onto it for a while to see if content improves. €2/month won't break me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Andy111111

If you have a firestick you won't need vpn! I have skyshowtime and I'm living in Ireland, I like it because it has a lot of content in 1,

I got it on a this site z2u,

It works perfectly, I get all my subscriptions from there as netflix,prime, paramount etc.. keep putting the price up!

I paid €6 for the year and you get shared user name and password, I've never had a problem but if you can get it else where do,

hope this helps 👍

That's a change, few weeks ago it gave the usual region errors.

Do you get the annoying size issue?

No I went on to downloader to download the app, I've no issues with it, I sent up my own profile and it works fine, I got prime, netflix, disney, paramount, skyshowtime for the year on z2u, it only cost me around €20 for the lot and I've put them on several firesticks around the house, worth looking into because the cost of these apps are crazy, I don't have vpn or anything just pick the Europe 1's and it should work,

The only issue with buying a share in passwords is that access can disappear without warning, seems to be commonplace over on Ali. Sharing arrangements on here seem to be reputable.

I had cancelled but might keep it going seeing as vpn now not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 delerium1

• Advertisement

Go on to z2u site,

In search bar type skyshowtime,

Browse down till you find skyshowtime and not showtime as there 2 different apps,

After a couple of hours they will have a shared account for you with username and password,

I've never had an issue with it

Advertisement