Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

It is mad, isn't it? Despite any evidence that is presented, Trumpers will insist that he is innocent. Do they actually think the guy is unable to break the law or do anything illegal for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lol good one the old anti-semetic trope you role out whenever anyone brings that old goat up. Btw big fan of Ben Shapiro not like you and some of your pals on here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Former President Donald Trump was already the front-runner among Republicans in the 2024 race for the White House, edging out a likely but yet-to-be-announced contender in Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida. 

But with his indictment by a Manhattan grand jury, Trump has surged ahead in a head-to-head matchup against DeSantis in a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, beating the Sunshine State politician by 26 percentage points among registered Republican voters and Independents who lean Republican.

Trump's current standing in the Yahoo News/YouGov survey is reflective of what many have said about a potential indictment galvanizing support among Republicans, who have overwhelmingly indicated that they feel as though the investigations into the former president are overtly political in nature.

As I said this case will only make Trump stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Eric Trump said since he's never had a speeding ticket, he deserves "a pass" on a 34 felony count indictment

• Advertisement

And people thinking $4M is going to land this grifter back in the WH:

Oh goodness, MAGA believes in the fake polls again? Ron isn't even a candidate.

"Red Wave November!" 🤣

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A reminder for anyone who does not read the thread title

The topic for this thread is Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump has scheduled a public speech at Mar a Lago for 8.15pm on the day of his arrest. Stand by for two hours of him playing the victim.

The "Soros backed" anti semitic dog whistle has been prolific on the right and it is parroted here, squawk.

DeSantis juggles between running a shadow-campaign against Donald Trump. Not officially in the race because of FL's resign to run law, DeSantis tries to balance between attacking Trump over his hush money scandal to appealing to the voter base who loves and adores jewish tropes.

It will be fun watching the right alright

But we know Nimrata's campaign is a joke, she'll fold in. Ron DeSantis has an ego on him, but he will fold too because the base will fold on him. If Trump wins the nomination as the right predicts and frankly, it's hard to see how he doesn't (the right is such a hypocritical hot mess that Trump will just roll up in there and hold them hostage to all their own bullshit, lol), we will just see a third "Red Wave November" 🤣 and I'm here for that. None of their candidates are appealing to centrists (No John McCain or Mitt Romney types, the last actual big-R Republicans to make it close) and they have no new voters to drum up on the right, so I don't know how they plan to win nationally outside of legislative shenanigans.

• Advertisement

"And they said, they said they were the neatest fingerprints they'd ever taken. I said, they're as clean as I am. They took 10 mugshots too, can you believe that? They said they were for the boys in blue. Big fans"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This thread was people laughing at trump supporters as trump does stupid things and makes his supporters look even more stupid.

Now we can also include the pro-trump media in making trump supporters look stupid by calling them out as things like "cousin f*cking terrorists" or being part of the money grift.

That the trump supporters continue to post here while trump and their media continue to make them look stupid is on them.

I mean, "billionaire" donald trump is grifting for money to help support all of this.

The democrats are meant to be completely incompetent yet are also master geniuses at getting trump charged, likely multiple times over a variety of issues, yet the justice system was stacked by trump and previous republican administrations and not one charge has been made against clinton/biden/obama despite years of them calling for charges.

It's all very funny and everyone else will continue to laugh at the absurdity of it.

Hopefully the GOP eventually moves on from it because the USA needs an effective opposition.

But it won't happen while trump is around making them look stupid continually.

There is literally no whataboutery you can go to when you're being undermined so publicly.

This thread was people laughing at trump supporters as trump does stupid things and makes his supporters look even more stupid.

No its not people laughing, its pure and fervent hatred of the Man, his family, the GOP and its millions of followers.

If it were just people laughing why all the pile ons, outright hostility and personal attacks on posters and especially new posters ?

Just laugh it off, or ignore it.

Why the labelling of Republicans as subhuman, stupid, evil, racist, fascist etc. Registered Republicans make up 24% of the US population, 74m people voted for Trump in the last election.

This vile labelling of huge amounts of people is hate speech, there is no other word for it.

Its basically a defecate on Trump and the Republican party thread.

Trump isnt even a true Republican for crying out loud.

He sure doesn't look the part but he damn sure sounds the part

Maybe they could try and stop being evil, racist fascists? 🤷‍♂️

No its not people laughing, its pure and fervent hatred of the Man, his family, the GOP and its millions of followers.

Why didn't you mention the Drag Queens in Minnesota? You saw fit to include them in the thread earlier this morning? 🤥

Clearly you forgot to mention the thread is also people helplessly laughing at all the inane and nonsensical deflections to any substantive discussion of Donald Trump.

Why the labelling of Republicans as subhuman, evil, racist, fascist etc.

Literally not happening. I've seen plenty of rampant anti semitism and even some off the wall attempts to misgender users though, just this morning. Who called a Republican "subhuman" any time, in recent months or weeks, in this thread? But we often hear those on the left called scum and other colorful euphemisms. Haven't so much as heard someone utter 'redneck' in here in forever.

This vile labelling of huge amounts of people is hate speech, there is no other word for it.

Which you did with Drag Queens.

😶

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You'll find that it's trump that is defecating all over the likes of yourself and the republican party.

What's funny is you're all standing around and pretending to enjoy it while being deathly afraid of being the first to question it.

That you don't see it is hilarious frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If there's a Republican who isn't a rabid Trump supporter (TID? The Indicted Guy?) then let them raise their hand and condemn Trump, and then chime in on what they think the future brings for them. Those that still support Trump support all his actions - as heinous as they are, insurrection, sketchy activities with foreign governments, impeachments, ... All we see from the pro-Trump types is how it never really happened/witch hunt/but what about/... and generally speaking they run off after awhile, then rereg.

As a US citizen who votes in their elections, Trump (and, as he is the GOP leader and speaks for them) and his vision for the USA are terrifying. Supporting him is an anarchists dream - because his goal is to destroy the rule of law in the US and hence the constitution and all it stands for. His campaign speech at Waco - WACO, for forks sake - included "I am your retribution." Really? Retribution is what the USA needs? In its POTUS? How can anyone support that and look themselves in the mirror?

The GOP don't want to govern - they want to rule. The constitution is a big inconvenience. Well, screw that, and if you support the GOP, you too are signed up to destroy the rule of law in the USA.

This weekend's deflections include and the majority of posts are in response thereupon to:

Bets

Pelosi

Jews

Drag Queens

But minimally substantive discussion of Donald Trump, no substantive political defense against his 34 count felony indictment.

I posted a rather informative video about this from the legal eagle channel - and that guy actually is a bar certified, practicing lawyer who professes at Georgetown. And it breaks down the whole thing in as much detail as we have to date and I've yet to hear any responses on the thread to that or the details we know in general other than the apparent questions surrounding the statute of limitations and the judicial question surrounding that. That piece of it I imagine will be quickly understood on Tuesday, otherwise a Grand Jury would never have voted to indict on charges that were so readily defective.

Apropos to that I was hoping some legal defense theory would emerge beyond a mere statute of limitations argument, but apparently it hasn't, only to be replaced with anti-semitic tropes and deflections to unrelated culture war issues. For the sake of discussion, we should assume the statute of limitations is of no concern, and therefore now, what's next for Donald Trump when that effort to defeat his 34 count indictment is quashed?

Speaking of these Trump sycophants and their folding and the lack of a moderate in the race, here comes Asa Hutchinson announcing their candidacy to spite Donald Trump and his indictment.

“I have made a decision, and my decision is I’m going to run for president of the United States,” he said. “While the formal announcement will be later in April, in Bentonville [Arkansas], I want to make it clear to you I am going to be running. And the reason is, I’ve traveled the country for six months, I hear people talk about the leadership of our country. I’m convinced that people want leaders that appeal to the best of America, and not simply appeal to our worst instincts.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

What bets?

Were you the fellow celebrating when the first midterm results were coming in?

One was Trumps Twitter account would be reinstated before the end of last year, 100 euro to a charity of choice. Multiple witnesses.

Another was that Musk would takeover Twitter.

I dont know how to search through posts on the new platform, maybe someone else can do it.

Post edited by MisterAnarchy on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Unlike others I dont have the liberty of being able to spend all my time on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,357 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump's lawyer hopes Tuesday court hearing will be 'painless and classy'. Does he know his client?

Well it was one of the few bets anyone actually stepped up instead of just being hot air.

Anyway I am keen to adhere to Beastys warning and not divert from the primary topic of discussion Donal Trump, not my bets.

You've been spending it here all morning just the same as everyone else, that's utterly laughable. You also just a handful of posts ago were complaining about and I quote "outright hostility and personal attacks" - here you are attacking others for 'having the liberty of being able to spend all their time on here.'

You had plenty of liberty to spend the time to make the claim that a) you've won every bet you've ever made here and b) that everyone you've ever betted with is personally dishonorable:

Ive won all my bets on here so far, but unfortunately those who lost didnt honour their side of the bargain.

So you have all the time in the world to provide the receipts. No slip, no bet.

Yes, Trump did get his account back but he hasn't posted to it, and for what more, Twitter is functionally worthless already ahead of his absence. Twitter now professionally responds to press inquiries with poop emojis and the old blue checkmark system was even gutted, so we don't actually know who is in control of the account anymore do we.

One clear reason I suspect why there wouldn't be the same statute of limitations as the originating offense (the payment to Stormy Daniels), and it's one Trump has been categorically accused of in documentary evidence before: Obstruction of Justice.

As soon as Trump does something incriminating (and we've talked about this more than once on this thread and previous trump threads) that he will go to the mat to run down the statute of limitations - including it is often remarked running down that limitation while he was in office. But he didn't stop there there were also the long winded lawsuits that predicated any decision to indict, like fighting against revealing his finances for years. He had the Trump Org illegally managing his assets (which the Trump org was already convicted and sentenced for) - we already have evidence of obstruction in the public domain.

So if he did anything to obstruct this case in the last 5 years, it still goes on hey.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Brianwilldoit threadbanned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement