Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW29 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

save point for DDG already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Willock (ASM)

1-0 Newcastle

Wilson (Tripper)

Dunno what Ten Hg was doing taking off both centre halves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

Trippier on route for another monster haul.... How he isn't 100% EO is insane. 89% at my rank 300k-ish.

Wilson pushes Botman out of the bonus by scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Grrr...Botman has been something of a flop for me lately.... Trippier will be straight back in on WC

Double Newc CS banked with a Bruno / Rashford blank is nice for me as loads have Bruno / Rashford captain in MLs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

double newcastle defense pays off nicely, on 66pts with 15 to play. This week could be huge

Post edited by DJIMI TRARORE on

• Advertisement

Botman got his BP back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

44 with 12 players to go... Not as good as I was hoping for at all, but around average in my leagues.

Potter sacked - all these sackings in DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Hopefully whoever takes over has the sense to put Chilwell on pens

Took a -8 in transfers, so I'm happy enough with 58 (net) with 15 to play.

What do ye all personally think is a good score for a BB to be deemed a success? I'll be happy with 20pts or so.

They'll probably bench Kepa and play Mendy and screw over those on DGW with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭shmeee

On a BB my target is always 20 points (DGW or not). The Arsenal assets didn't help that score anyway this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

51 with 12 to play on BB. Mainly red arrows, keeping Saka and Haaland didnt work out this week

• Advertisement

I'm not really sure what my bench points are, as I was always aiming for a match day 15 players after WC. Maybe the Arsenal players but they probably would have started in a normal week.

Steele / Maddison / Botman / Watkins or Zinchenko maybe the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

63 with 13 to play plus captain Rashford.

My bench currently returning 18 points with 4 more game to play. Should be a good return in general.

Double Newcastle defence was bittersweet as a United fan with Rashford captain. ML rival also had TC'd Rashford so a weird position to be in this week.

I find this is the main issue with playing BB on weeks like this, people will have a lot of different views, I've seen people playing BB with Kane on the bench - now when in reality are you ever going to bench Kane, if he goes and gets a hattrick tonight then is that a win for BB? If BB never existed. How many people for instance who have Kane and didn't play BB have him on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭Xander10

I think it comes down to how many DGW players you have. If you have enough to fill your midfield and attack, you might leave Kane on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I benched Kane as part of BB and he was legitimately my 12th man.

You’re right in that there never would have been a scenario where I’d have been likely to go into this week with Kane both in my squad and the 12th best option (I’d have found another use for the funds), but that’s just a chip strategy thing in terms of maximising the value of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My bench is Steelse, Kilman, White and Odegaard. 20 points so far and Steele has another game to go so you could call it a success. However, I took a hit to do Ward and Halaand to Steele and Isak. If I wasn't bench boosting I wouldn't have done that and I would have probably put in White or Odegaard instead of Halaand. Or I might have done Odegaard to another Brighton mid or Kilman to a Brighton defender and put them in. So, I think it is kinda hard to judge how the bench boost went because if I wasn't using the chip now, my choices would have been different.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I agree completely with what you’re saying with regards to people having a “fake” bench boost and I hate seeing it when clearly they have worse players on the bench. However I did actually bench Kane this week without a bench boost haha. It was not an easy call to make but I had 9 doublers and went with the in form Saka and Martinelli at home to Leeds over Kane away to Everton. Could end up being a disaster now with Saka 1 point but it felt like the right call at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If I didn’t have Kane in my team and also have a bet on him to be first goalscorer tonight, he’d have buried those 2 chances.

Spurs should be ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Doucoure red.

Kane yellow ffs as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kane booked

Advertisement