Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

It is always helpful to start with them wanting to do half in half out. That was their decision. They still wanted to be linked to an institution which was abusive to Harry to the point of him seeking solace in drugs and needing therapy, which was racist and unsympathetic to his wife who wanted to kill herself and her unborn child and to some who even wanted them both dead.

No matter which way one looks at it that is very, very odd indeed.

Realistically it was them taking a punt at getting the best of both worlds and making significant bank but being told what was what. The rest has simply been an extended (and by now utterly tedious) toys out of the pram exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

They didn't have to launch a brand. It was there. They are doing all the stuff that they would be doing if they had remained within the royal family. The only one entitled to a title was Prince George going on the Letters Patent. The other Cambridge children were not. Anyway, since it was inevitable that they would get titles, why the hold out? Were they hoping that Meghan would leave without Harry and take Archie with her? It would not do to have given him a title if that is the scenario they were working to.

The two aunts have been more support than the rest of the Royal Family put together. Who should they be close to: Princess Michael of Kent who is about 80 and a raging racist! He only has one brother and four first cousins of his age group (Edward's children are all teenagers) and he seems still close to two of them. Friendly enough with Zara and no idea about Peter Phillips, but I imagine they are keeping their heads low.

They wanted to not live in England. They would have remained as full time royals if they could have been allowed do that. Harry was very close to his grandmother, so that would have been a reason to try and keep the link. She is dead now, so no reason to have anything to do with his father or brother.

He shat all over her family with racist allegations to an audience of 50 million while her husband was dying not to mention his "genetic pain" bollox, shat all over her legacy of the Commonwealth which was derided as Empire 2.0, signed for millions to write a memoir and didn't go see a 96 year old who hadn't long left given such an age when given the chance to do so at Balmoral last summer and thus missed her before she died soon after. He didn't attend her husbands memorial service but did fly home this week to attend preliminary court hearings not an actual trial as well. If he has fondness then he has/had a very very strange way of showing it to be honest.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Wow but you really are obsessed with them! Are you Harry? Are you Meghan? Your long posts in their defence, railing at anyone who disagrees with you is frankly bizarre. I think most other people here have better things to be doing than writing long posts about a couple who more and more of the public have turned against for very obvious reasons. You might still love them regardless, which is fine, but let other people have their views!

You don't have to read the tabloids [which I don't read] to hear Harry whingeing. There has been plenty from the horse's mouth in his book, on the Netflix docuseries and his many interviews. Not that long ago I saw him on some interview declaring that he father wasn't cut out for single parenthood. May or may not be true but a cheap shot to tell the that to the world on a TV interview. I would feel for any father or mother publicly humiliated like that.

As for Meghan, there is a mountain of evidence that she treats people badly. Her best friend from childhood, Ninaki Priddy, I think she's called, the ex husband, her own father and several others if you want to go googling for information. There are a lot of people out there who dislike her and I doubt they're all wrong. You don't agree but why not let others have their opinion! In any case I rest my case here. Like I said I've far better things to be doing than arguing about Harry and Meghan. And thank god for that.🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

This really is an amazing post, contorting what went on so much as to twist the narrative to breaking point.

H&M invented their brand, Sussex Royal, all monogrammed and set up. The brand didn't exist before Meghan and Harry got together. Meghan loves brands. They wanted their cake and eat it. Life doesn't work like that. Being a member of the RF isn't on the à la carte menu. You can't pick and choose and it was the late Queen who made that clear. There is no evidence whatsoever that they wanted to remain full time royals. Meghan was exasperated that she didn't get paid for a walkabout in Australia!

I see that you are accusing the King and Prince William of being racist. Even Harry has selected reverse gear on that particular slur.

The Letters Patent were quite clear that their children would have the titles. The Letters also put the female children into the Line of Succession, hence why Princess Charlotte now appears. You have obviously forgotten that H&M originally didn't want the titles - but then it became clear that they could monetise them in future. Neither Princess Anne nor Prince Edward took up the opportunity for their children, by the way, for exactly the reasons that H&M originally used.

Harry was so very close to the late Queen that he couldn't make it to Balmoral last year. She was 96 and in poor health. Very caring, indeed.

You were worried about the dying 99 year old husband of QEII being upset by the interview while he was living separately from the queen with his mistress of 30 years? Harry and Meghan were probably the two most popular royals in the Commonwealth, but of course that upset the rest of the Royal Family. The Royal family is racist by its very nature. Here is that well known defender of the Royal Family and Camilla lunching buddy, Piers Morgan, speaking about the royal family and racism. https://twitter.com/JamesBeswick13/status/1642170272265523200?s=20

From what I recall, H&M had a load of engagements to do including the Invictus games. For all you know they could have been intending to go up to see her when they came back to England when she died and they ended up staying in England for a couple of weeks. Bearing in mind that all the RF were up with her on holidays, do you not think it might have caused some friction for the queen to have them all there together?

Since Daily Mail staff are on the phones from early morning contacting those reporting the court case censoring what is being reported, he was right to turn up for the preliminary hearing because if he didn't, no one would know about it bearing in mind the restrictions that have been placed by the judge on how it is reported. Most of the claimants have turned up for the hearing as it is very important to them to do so.

I'm very interested in how the British media operates and Harry and Meghan are a good case study in how the media spin everything. I actually feel sorry for the royal family and the British people because a couple of media barons can control the minds of the British people. I just hope that the court case goes to trial so that the Daily Mail is exposed for what it is. I don't hold out much hope for the British people though - The Charge of the Light Brigade comes to mind - even though they knew they were marching to certain death, they still kept marching on. Instead of thinking how stupid they were to do that, they think it was the honorable thing to do.

I looked up Ninaki Priddy and an interview she gave - seems like she took sides in a divorce and it wasn't Meghan's side. Her ex-husband hasn't had a bad word to say about her and she took nothing from him, including sending back the ring. Then people say she is on the make with Harry! Her father let her down badly by taking money from the press (by the way, a tabloid owner has a restraining order against Thomas Markle https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/celebrities/2022/09/14/6321644622601db5728b45c3.html Seemingly, Thomas is blaming him for destroying his relationship with his daughter Meghan.

I don't think you have made much of a case about Meghan falling out with a lot of people. She only seems to have fallen out with people who have done her wrong.

What is being contorted? Are you talking about a logo? They are doing a lot of similar work that they were doing when working as Royals, except they are doing a lot more now. They still are working for a lot of the charities/patronages that they were working for before like Invictus, mental health, woman's rights (but have added more).

The change to Charlotte is that she is now the No. 1 Spare to George. She was still the great grand daughter, not the grandaughter when she was given the Princess title at birth. Similarly for Louis, the No. 2 Spare. H&M have contradicted that about not wanting the titles. H&M wanted them because it meant that they were entitled to security until the age of 18. By the way, how do you monetarise a title? If the Princess title was so important, why isn't Meghan calling herself Princess Henry of Sussex. Surely that would be a better monetising title than referring to herself as a mere Dutchess!

Ah come off it would you? You'd swear I was making a difficult to prove case when there is literally tons of evidence out there that Meghan treats people poorly. You must be on a wind up here just amusing yourself playing devil's advocate because you can't possibly be serious! 🙄

• Advertisement

What you posted: As for Meghan, there is a mountain of evidence that she treats people badly. Her best friend from childhood, Ninaki Priddy, I think she's called, the ex husband, her own father and several others if you want to go googling for information.

You mentioned three people which I googled. Ninaki Priddy fell out with Meghan because she sided with Trevor. Trevor has never spoken about her.We don't know why they broke up. As you suggested, I goggled ''people treated badly by meghan markle''. As you will see, the results just throws up a big list as to how badly Meghan Markle has been treated by the British press.

If you want to be believable, please post the names of those ''several others''.

But my friend I'm not trying to be believable because this is not just what I'm saying, it's what a great many are saying and the evidence speaks for itself. There is, I repeat, tons of evidence out there that Meghan treats people poorly and is quite clearly a very self centered, entitled woman. Tons. You know it and I know it and I've no intention of going off googling as I've no interest in point scoring here with you. I used to actually like Meghan and Harry too but I'd find it impossible to give her the benefit of the doubt now as like I say, the evidence that she's not nice is overwhelming and while some of it might be wrong or unfair, it can't all be. Ever heard the expression, "no smoke without fire"?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the so-called evidence that she is this and that is in no way overwhelming, people simply want it to be as it suits the narative they have had created for them.

when we examine those who it is claimed she treated badly, they treated her badly first and she simply cut them out of her life, which is the right thing to do, they are in no way the little victims that some want them to be.

as for more and more of the public turning against either her or both of them, this is just wishful thinking, the reality is that more and more probably don't care either way as they have real issues rather then being against people who ultimately told the truth about the RF and it's behaviour.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Oh, please! There's a parallel universe, inhabited it seems by a few boardsies, where H&M are poor victims of the behaviour of the Royal Family. They deserve security because they are such high profile targets of nefarious agents who are hell bent on doing damage to the entirely philanthropic and selfless activities. They were hounded out of the RF because of racism, which is rife within the RF. They are victims of the British tabloids' campaign to discredit them. They are role models and lead exemplary lives, showing the way forward.

Their core purpose is, quite simply, to do good. They meet the moment by showing up, taking action, and using their unparalleled spotlight to uplift and unite communities, both local and global, online and offline.  

They believe that philanthropic work is more than a handout, it’s a hand held. To activate this belief, they independently create dynamic and impactful programming to serve communities in need. They also partner with key organisations and leaders to identify immediate needs, build meaningful initiatives, and drive long-term change. 

Baked into all that they do is the core belief that their collective wellbeing and mental health are paramount. Their three main pillars of focus are to build a better world online, to restore trust in information, and above all, to uplift communities. 

Meanwhile, in the real world, the rest of us get on, making a living, trying not to disrupt others, not whining and whinging about how tough our lives are, not being millionaires, not having had an education only accessible to a privileged few.

After you have digested the word salad they use, have a read of this and see what you think about what their mission really is

I think this post ought be moved to Conspiracy Theories...

So she is a victim of bad behaviour. Ok then. So when someone treats you badly you don't look to engage in at least some attempt at reconciliation, adult discussion, introspection or giving benefit of the doubt to perhaps avoid having to take the ultimate step to cut ties? It is simply a cut them out and avoid/ignore them going forward clearly.

If it was one or two people then that is one thing since obviously we'll all experience clashes but when you're alienated from your extended maternal family, your paternal family, your ex husband and his family, your former friends, the Royal family....then maybe just maybe Meghan is to blame as well? But no she reacted to bad behaviour. People seemingly can't stop treating her badly.

You know the old saying of if one day you met one asshole then you met an asshole but if you kept meeting assholes all day then perhaps you are actually the asshole. Point is there is obviously a pattern established there where Meghan is the common denominator in these falling outs (plural). That is completely her prerogative mind you but when you tout and brand yourself as this compassionate humanitarian then people will unsurprisingly side eye you in your words and actions.

Harry's got boy next door appeal all wrapped up in princely titles and that type of image sells and influences. And he knows it, no doubt encouraged to milk it by herself. He says absolutely nothing in that video that we don't know already, if you or I were saying it, nobody would listen for two seconds, but Harry's got a brand.

Now he's clearly loving his new life and freedom and good for him, no one would begrudge him leaving the RF, following his dreams and shaping his own destiny. What I'd have a problem with, and many others like me, it appears, especially Brits who pay for the "privilege of Monarchy, is the hypocrisy of using his royal status and persona to fund a multi millionaire lifestyle while throwing his family under the bus, because obviously references and association with the firm will guarantee the money and the lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You think it's normal to just cut people out of your life left right and centre if they annoy you? Most of us get through life without alienating our families and many other people. At the very least it shows an arrogance that the person views themselves as always right and refuses to budge

Agreed, you’re right.

What I'd have a problem with, and many others like me, it appears, especially Brits who pay for the "privilege of Monarchy, is the hypocrisy of using his royal status and persona to fund a multi millionaire lifestyle while throwing his family under the bus, because obviously references and association with the firm will guarantee the money and the lifestyle

It’s not just Brits that cough up, it’s every taxpayer in the UK! Me included. 😀

• Advertisement

it would depend on the treatment/behaviour and the individual's history.

given what we know about a lot of the members of those families, then realistically it is the case that if meghan has any blame, it is small.

her father sold stories to the news papers and kept doing it dispite her attempts to reach out.

she won a case against her (what is it) half sister.

we know the stiffs in the RF absolutely had it in for her, whatever about the actual family itself.

as pointed out by another poster, her x husband hasn't had a bad word to say about her.

so yes i am afraid in this case she is actually the victim.

most of us don't have the type of family members meghan does on the scale that she does, so to us it would not be normal.

it doesn't matter what news paper it is, it is still a disgusting waste of money for a country where millions are going hungry and are struggling in various other ways.

Re the husband, could it be that he "hasn't a bad word to say against her" because he says nothing at all? Just hasn't got involved since his ex became one of the most famous people on the planet and a very sensible stance to take, imo. Shut mouth catches no flies and all that. But saying nothing reveals nothing about how he feels. She mailed him back the rings for chrissake! She just ended it with him, a marriage! I heard something about how he recently directed some very ironic movie/play about a prince. Now I don't know where I read that and can't remember details and mea culpa if I'm wrong but I really have no intention of trawling through all the stuff to point score here. But my point is that silence doesn't necessarily mean anything is condoned.

And I agree with the others. Shocking to cut people off because they pssed you off in some way. Without any attempt to hear the other side and reconcile.

So there is no evidence to back up what you claim. Not even one link to a person who has been treated badly by Meghan.

there is no "other side" to be heard where a parent sells stories to the media and keeps doing it dispite plenty of attempts to reach out, as an example.

i think really given what we do know about the majority of those she has cut off there seems to be no other side worth hearing.

My point is and has always been, H&M are victims of the British tabloids. The Royal family are victims of the British tabloids. How do you keep missing this?

• Advertisement

The fact that no one explained why they separated. They had been together for about 10 years (married for 2). For the marriage part, they were living in two different countries. Meghan had just got her big break with Suits which would last for 6 or 7 years. Maybe he wanted her to give up her big break and move back to California and she wanted to keep working. Maybe he refused to move to Canada. You just don't know and presuming that it was all her fault is a bit presumptious of you. I would take it as a great compliment to Meghan that he hasn't talked bearing in mind the bribes that must have been going around for people to talk about their relationship for example:

In a new profile in The Guardian, the Red Rocket star says he was once offered $70,000 by several U.K. tabloids to say he'd slept with Meghan Markle when she was still a working actress. In reality, the two — who appeared together in a 2005 episode of the UPN sitcom Cuts — never went any further than a friendly lunch, and Rex declined the tabloid offer.

Are you implying that she broke up with him by just sending back the rings as claimed by some 'royal expert' in a book? I think you might be reading too much into saying she returned her rings (when normally people would be critical of someone who held onto the jewelry after a split). You are reading too many British tabloids if you think he was producing a movie about a prince! I think we would hear about that if he did.

Name those who she has cut off (other than the Markles - father, step sister and brother who have been on the make). She has protected her Ragland family who didn't want the infamy and she is very close to Samantha's Markle's daughter, Ashling (who was abandoned by her mother Samantha as a 2 year old).

Advertisement