Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

If Kilkenny get bet by Wexford without Drennan your reaction will be interesting, last year I stated that Kilkenny's u20 campaign was a farce as all the teams they played were missing there best player/players. If Kilkenny do lose to Wexford without Drennan I will also state that it is a farce as Kilkenny are missing one of there better players and cant read much into it.

I personally believe it would be ludicrous for Kilkenny to play without Drennan in the league final. He is a mainstay on the team now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

You obviously aren't up to speed with the new ruling and round robin format. My reason for suggesting that B Drennan, and the other under 20s with the seniors, should not play in the League Final is to allow them more time to develop. We know what they're capable of but they're lacking physically right now.

If B Drennan doesn't turn out for the Wexford match it won't matter a whole lot because of the new ruling and format. Unlike you I won't wait until the horse has bolted, you have my view now. You constantly criticise players and name players who should be dropped, but never name replacements. I don't know what rules you operate under but it is a 15 player game, not 10 or less!

The farce last year was that some counties, Galway for example, used under 20 players in meaningless senior matches early on and then never used them again. Did Limerick need to use under 20 players considering the brilliant panel they have? Every county knew the rules, which have been changed now thankfully, and they made their own choice. Kilkenny had no choice in been down 3 top class players due to injury and fought manfully throughout the competition to win the title for us.

It's sad really that you continue to begrudge and bemoan our success. Your agenda is not a pro Kilkenny one for some reason.

Post edited by Grats on

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

What is the big deal about the Munster Venue, after almost every AISF is played in Croke Park plus every final. As regards a possible Munster Ref, I have never seen a Munster Ref giving much soft to Limerick. Sometimes of course,you can be 'a Munster Ref' and not be a Munster man at all, like Gerry Kirwan, a man who would not give the steam off his piss to any Munster County.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

The steam off one's piss can be a very valuable commodity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Nothing wrong with a 'munster venue'...

its the fact its in Cork ....... and not in Thurles, which is easier for both sets of supporters!!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

jjkkklĺll

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Brilliant response on the U20 Grats, one of the best posts not to mentions responses I've seen on this.

Agreed re Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Spot on grats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,255 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

You could try driving to Middleton and getting the train in and out. It's a very frequent service and its only 7e return.

Living in Carlow. I will use the train from Portlaoise about 10-30. Returns at 25 past each from 4 to 7 I think. I am an OAP so it suits me

It would depend on how the distillation would go.

I was in Abbotstown for the minor game between KK and Antrim KK 2-21 to Antr 1-08. Very good performance from our lads although Antrim weren’t great ,standout performances from Evan Murphy full back, Greg Kelly wing forward (1-03) and Brian Moore corner forward (0-07) from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Can I ask how did young Brophy do at corner back? Erin's Own boyo 😁

Well they all performed well it’s just those three stood out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭sportsmaddad

https://hurlerontheditch267913442.wordpress.com/

Interesting points on the current evolution of the game. As others have pointed out here, we need to keep highlighting this mess before the game as we know it is gone completely.

Post edited by sportsmaddad on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Hope for his sake on here he’s not related to Fogarty

He'd be scolded for the foreseeable future if he was 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Can't be too bad if he's anything like his dad... I still have some bruises from tangling with Patsy 😁

Hardy boyo 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

Seemingly the U15s got an awful trimming at the weekend off Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Big weekend for 3 kk teams. Galways absolutely hammered Laois. Niland will take serious watching.Heard bergin saying galway hammered kk at u16 so there's a lot of ground to make up.

The u20s away to Wexford Saturday. No one really knows what's happening the 3 senior lads. It's not knock out so maybe drennan will be left with the seniors this weekend after playing nearly every single minute so far its hard to see him not involved with the seniors.

The senior match should be a good match. It will be interesting to see how we set up tactically.We pushed up in the final but got cleaned out in the half back line. Lyng has definitely recognized this and has chopped and changed here alot.i would go with Reid,Lawlor and blanchfield. Limerick have so many threats but it's a great match to be getting before the championship starts. What will he do with Cian lynch will also be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Kilkenny are already guaranteed at least a quarter final (where they will meet a qualifier from the "weaker" counties) in minor and the winner of the KK v Galway match on Friday will decide who goes straight to semi. I hear Ed Mc Dermott may be back sooner than had been feared and if so, will be a huge addition in later stages.

The U20 four team group is essentially an exercise in trying out stuff, as all 4 teams stay in competition after their 3 matches, for that reason, I don’t think senior panellists will see any action this weekend.

Yes, I remember hearing we were well beaten in U16 by Galway last year, but the minor team seems to be tipping along nicely, so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

It is a measure of the challenge facing Kilkenny that Huw Lawlor is the only KK player that would get in a combined KK/LK team. If they were fully fit, TJ and Adrian Mullen should be there too but hard to argue for any other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Richie hogan picked up a serious enough hand injury before going off against cork and will be out for a few weeks which is a pity after working so hard to get back.

Maybe if ryan,cody,richie reid return and tj and adrian are subs dunne and clifford might go back to the 20s but id say no one will be risked and the 3 u20 lads will stay with the senior and drennan will play sunday. I'm looking foward to seeing what the u20 team will be like saturday. Alot of last years lads underage and the few kierans and returning injured lads should still make a strong team but they were blessed last year without pepper who will be playing saturday.

• Advertisement

In 2018. with an another old Limerick Supporter, I attended the All Ireland Semi Final. With ten minutes plus injury time left we were six points down and Cork seemed Home and Hosed. My friend said 'let us go, it is the same story', But I said 'hold on' as no team could stay running and hand passing (often throwing) the ball for the full game at the rate Cork were doing it. Almost as soon as the words came out of my mouth the arse fell out of Cokr's challenge and they were ran off the field in extra time. Furthermore in the 2021 Final, Cork scored a goal in the first minutes. If you check the video you will see there was no less than nine hand passes/throws in the build up to that goal. Yet the fact that Cork do this so much is never highlighted. In the last four Finals Limerick have played they have scored seven goals and one of those was played a week before Christmas, in conditions hardly conducive to scoring goals. When Cork and Kilkenny played in there was no goal scored, in 2003 they each scored one goal, in 2004 they scored no goal between and I think the scored one goal each in 2006 and yet where was all the clamour then for goals back then.

I notice that much of the said clamour is coming from Tipperary. It just might have something to do with the fact that Limerick have handed Tipp their butts on a plate in seven out of their last ten Championship games they played and Kiely gave them one of them by inexplicably not starting Lynch, Hannon, Mulcahy and Hegarty.. When Tipp were cutting the living crap out of opponents and maiming players like Frankie Walsh of Waterford and his namesake Tommy from your own county, even more so, we did not hear any big roaring for rule change emanating from the Premier County, but of course they were winning. One ex Tipperary player, who is actually a Limerick man and whose nephew played on the Limerick Under 20 team last week, seems to be particularly exercised by all this

Furthermore, what was so wrong with The Munster Final, The two All Ireland Semi Finals and the Final of last year. They were good tough games in which nobody seemed to purposely clock any other player, as so often happened in the past.

Advertisement