Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3X TAC A1 - Mount Recommendation

Options
  • 03-04-2023 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Looking at one of these rifles and just wondering what type of mounts \ rings might be best. Any advice from fellow shooters based on real world experience with this issue would be appreciated. I don't have the rifle yet so working primarily from photos etc.

I have a Vortex Viper Gen II in 5-25 x 50 to put on this so not a massive scope by any standards. However, the fact that the A1 has has full length top rails means I can't use my favoured medium rings solution as they would be only 1" high and the scope would hit the rail. I think I need about 1.5" to allow for the scope and flip covers and that might even allow me to get a 20MOA set-up. Anything lower (e.g. 1.35" ) might be touching ?

I'm thinking SPUHR. I used their stuff previously and can't fault it but they are very expensive and I'd consider other options if they work just as well.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

Have you looked at the Tier One mounts? I have a set of spare Tier One Tactical rings. I'll stick them in the range bag and you can have a look at them next time we're down there.

Quality pieces of kit. They do Unimounts as well if you're looking for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pab1997

i bought a spurh 4006A was €250 delivered .. have it on a 34mm tube vortex strike eagle I used an online calculator to suss which mount will keep the scope low on the rifle ..

use this link input the few details and you can mess around and select different mounts and see what works etc

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

I have a few sets of Burris xtr signature rings on some of my rifles and find them great.

They come with plastic inserts that allow you to mount your scope with up to 40 moa if needed so you wouldn't have to buy another rail.

I also have tier one tac rings on another rifle and those are great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭freddieot

2 votes so far for the Tier Ones. I'll be at the range this Saturday if you're about. Definitely would like a look.

I would lean towards another Spurh unless alanmc has tiers that would fit.

That on line system is really very good. Looks like the 38mm spuhr option would leave me with 4-6mm spare depending on either 0 or 20 moa units.

Thanks for the help lads..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭alanmc

Yeah, @freddieot, I'll be down this Saturday. I'll go stick em in my range bag now in case I forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Audere is a good option you'll have choice of heights

I have audere mounts on my Tikka holding a vortex viper which is a heavy optic and they are exceptional

Advertisement