Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think his hair accounts for 50% of the heat. I want to cut that filthy mullet off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 86,488 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Vickie done with AEW? I was thinking would she be brought in for part of the storyline although not needed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

She's finished up with them but she might still be under contract, I cant remember exactly. I would love to see her too at some stage, but I hope they hold off a bit first and see how Dom goes on his own without Rey around. Keep Vickie as a reserve incase Dom needs a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

God it would be awesome to hear an EXCUSE ME to bring Dom to the ring at Mania.

Pretty decent Go-Home show. Asuka/Belair is heatless, they did nothing for it. I will say surprisingly enjoyed the Omos/Brock segment, if they deliver a big hoss slap fight that's short I might enjoy it. Demon Balor, first time as a heel too, hope they change up the design but hope he beats Edge cause otherwise just bury the demon and be done with it.

Won't be able to watch Mania till the following week but probably more hyped for this mania than any in recent memory.

• Advertisement

Purple Judgement Day Demon Balor will be an awesome spectacle of an entrance at least.

They made the wrong call with women's title feuds, Rhea and Bianca should have been the match to mark a changing of the guard in terms of top tier women's talent. Charlotte has been idling away doing feck all on Smackdown since her big return and it just doesn't have the effect WWE thinks it does.

Since Charlotte broke on the scene she's had absolutely no character development. None. She's Ric Flair's daughter who wins a lot of titles, that's it. They don't even try with her and whilst she's talented in the ring all of her promos are absolutely nauseatingly terrible. There's a story there about a girl who only got into wrestling because of her brothers death and became the absolute best but they're not interested in showing that side of her for some unknown reason.

Honestly wouldn't put it past them to have Rhea lose at Mania just because, even though she's lost pretty much every major match to Charlotte she's ever had.

Riddle, Orton return? Bron call up? Rhea challenge Bianca for second title? Usos rematch?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

McGregor saunters out.

"Achknowledge you? I dont even know who the fook you are, mate!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Raw to open up with a HHH announcement (presumably about the sale).

Main event is apparently

Roman/Solo vs Cody/Mystery Partner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Cody and Zack Ryder/Orton would be my guess

Wonder will we get a switchblade debut?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tonight's WWE Monday Night Raw will open with an announcement by Triple H.

WRKD Wrestling first reported the news and there are no details right now on what the announcement might be. For those of you wondering about Triple H's role in the company, he is still going to be the Chief Content Officer and Vince McMahons said on NBC that he will not be "in the weeds" on the creative end of things but he will oversee the big picture creative.

This weekend is the biggest in the history of the company with the most successful WrestleMania of all time and the sale announcement so tonight's announcement could be related to that or something entirely different. For what it's worth, there's been talk for many months about splitting up the two titles that Roman Reigns holds so that could be related to that. Scroll down on this page to watch videos of Triple H at the post-WrestleMania press conference.

More on what is planned for Raw, via WRKD Wrestling:

- Roman Reigns and Solo vs. Cody Rhodesand a mystery partner 

- A special guest joining the LWO 

- Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn defending their newly won tag titles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He was at Mania last night in the Miz Corporate box...obvs supporting his wife but could be more to it alright

Was it The Bloodline that put out Orton, storyline wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Orton coming back as a heel entering into a fued with Cody is my prediction

Higher mid card at best for Zach Ryder

Is it showcase winning tag team Street Profits for the title match?

That would make sense. But Vince is back so I expect KO and Zayn to lose the titles to a throwaway tag team of two midcard heels.

Wouldn't mind a heel Matt Cardona appearance. If he comes back as Zack Ryder he's going to get a big pop tonight then lost in the shuffle within a few weeks.

Also Orton shouldn't come back as a heel after being put on the shelf by the Bloodline originally. If Cody was champ it might make sense for the "master" to challenge the "apprentice" in a Legacy throw back but with Roman still champ it's a waste.

I'm actually going to watch it live as I'm off tomorrow and my body clock is already fine tuned to night hours 😅

Hopefully it's better than the last few post Mania Raws anyways.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope. They’re planning on spinning the wheels until the merger is complete. Can’t see much happening tonight.

• Advertisement

Rey Mysterio is set to have a match against Austin Theory with the plans noting some kind of LWO integration

Roman getting a lot of heat

Oh god Brock and Roman in the same ring again

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Very well set up.

Cant help but feel Brock will turn on Cody.

The ovation again for Cody was unreal..agreed though it looks like Brock is going to turn

Another outing for Omos..let's keep pushing the guy on the fans eventhough he loses every time he faces a top tier superstar

Did not expect Brock as Cody's partner, but will he turn on him?

More sympathy and cheers for Cody and boos for Roman which I think is what WWE wanted, HHH was smirking at the reaction for Roman, they want Cody more over before giving him the title(s)

A Raw-after-Mania crowd chanting Cena’s name.

We have officially entered the Twilight Zone.

Vince back running Raw

If Brock does turn on Cody tonight it will make zero sense.

Surely he should want Roman to be dismantled first so he could actually challenge for the title?

We’ll get a real sense of who’s looking after the booking tonight if Brock turns or not.

• Advertisement

Bunny can bump and sell

Bunny and Priest were tag partners at another WM now likely facing each other with Rey and Dom at Backlash

Advertisement