Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

This is it.

We originally ordered back on 14th Jan but missed the last delivery. Then went with a 'price adjusted' car. On the advice of Tesla we cancelled the first order and now just waiting for the email from Kelly. My partner has ordered another as of this afternoon as a fall back option but we suspect we might be too late for the next batch without cancellations. The frustrating part is the one Tesla advised us to cancel had a VIN assigned also and the one we got the price adjustment on is a LR with Induction so won't be any chance of getting that spec now.

In hindsight we should have held onto the original order as long as possible but that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

My estimated delivery date updated... mad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I got the cancellation email, conveniently late when the phone lines are closed. I had fully paid and the email says €250 will be refunded. I’m still very upset with how Tesla handled this and will be calling the CCPC.

I’m also a realist and don’t expect to get anywhere with complaining. I have another order and I expect Tesla to transfer what I’ve paid to that order instead.

Leaves a sour taste in my mouth, if the cars weren’t so good I’d definitely go somewhere else.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Phones or web chat were no use. Zero info and couldn't tell me anything other than place another order.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

What’s on my mind is the impossible task of communicating with sandyford. Could somebody put my mind at ease regarding after sales communications? Are they this difficult for any issues? I know you can request service via the app but I’m concerned given the communications breakdown at present with sandyford. No response to email, txt and phone brings you to the uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Tomorrow is my birthday can tesla be so bad and underneath it all kill me inside, if a anyone has any pull tell them not to do it 🎉🎂🎊🎈

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

On the basis I was told a ship arriving in Dublin 19th April & one mid May - this would seem to tie in with GRANDE CONTONOU, which arrived in Southampton today (April/May deliveries) & GRANDE HOUSTON which is due in Southampton at end April (June deliveries). Seems to be established now the next batch of cars are definitely coming via UK

This would also mean no guarantee cars cancelled will go into Irish inventory, just as easy go into UK.

Still haven’t got my Kelly email 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I have rang them again literally 4:45 and got through. The girl I spoke to was adamant I am getting the car and its going to be between 19/04-4/05. I asked about order cancellations and pricing issues she said not too worry. The order is safe. I followed up on fixing my January order too. Apparently will be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

There seems to be genuine legal grounds around ‘acceptance’ when they take the money and allocate it against the order. I also have added bonus of a text confirming the price and asking me to make payment.

Usually for online sales they get out on the basis that you transferred the money but they never ‘accepted it’. Difficult situation to hold for Tesla here. Fact email just references standard €250 deposit means they haven’t given consideration to those who’ve made full payment.

Worth pursuing a bit

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just remember guys. This is a mess and a horrible situation to be in.

But it was a mega sale, never seen before here and proof is in the pudding with everyone jumping on the orders so quickly.

Doesnt remove the sour taste of course, but remember, BMW, Audi and all the others told existing order holders in 2021 and 2022 that their prices were increasing and they could agree or cancel. I cancelled my i4 order with Joe Duffy as they basically said take it or leave it, €63k to €67k and the same car is €70k now. They also low balled my trade in compared to other garages so went elsewhere too.

During those periods Tesla were reducing prices and still giving owners the opportunity to cancel up to the last minute.

I hope some of you still get a car and some slip through the net. 🤞

• Advertisement

Jesus Gumbo, if Elon Musk murdered your family, you’d say BMW once recalled some cars or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Kelly is working overtime just got the mail and order is gone. not sure what is going to happen now as they have a fair bit of my money

You have to try look on the good and positive side of things. People are upset, but it’s only a car.

So, you didn’t get a cheap bargain. We move on and try again. What’s meant to be won’t pass you buy and all that.

Be the same sh1thole of a mess if it was bmw, Audi or VW. The brand doesn’t change that so try not to take it personal.

It was too good to be true. Only short of getting a follow up email from our long lost uncle in Africa saying they have transferred the remaining funds to pay for the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

When did you order out of curiosity? @wush06 ?

It’s not that though, it’s one of the biggest brands in the world making a complete balls of just about everything they possibly can, treating customers with complete disdain, taking €50k plus off people and then not even bothering to call them before deleting all traces of their order. ‘Apologies for any inconvenience, here’s your €250’

’F*ck off’

Its despicable and needs to be called out as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Mine is still there on my account.

Someone give me Kelly's email and I'll block her, live in peace not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Got the email and the LR has dropped off my account.

#JFT80

If you have paid anything off it, take a screenshot. I was fully paid and phone and webchat couldn't tell me how much I would get refunded. The email from Kelly just said 250. And all traces are gone from my account, so screenshots are all I have along with the outgoing bank transactions. Not saying they'd keep your money but their track record isn't the best at the moment.

Plus the refund policy is 14 working days. BOI have a 20k transfer limit, so that's 3 working days. Lets say I did get a VIN assigned and an order date given to me, I couldn't actually pay fully until April 26th. Would be funny if they cancelled because I couldn't pay on time.

I agree, how Tesla have handled this situation is appalling. The fact that nobody in the company has the balls to pick up the phone and call people who have paid them 40-50k for a car, been assigned a VIN and given a 2 week delivery window. Instead they send a generic poorly worded email, cancel all our orders and all they can say is "We apologise for any inconvenience caused".

It's gross.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

• Advertisement

How many people paid the full €50k

I know I only paid €251.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

For the LR cars in particular, the discount could be regarded as a bundle of free towbars, paint jobs and alloy wheels that all overpriced anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Ahh here will you stop off with the same old other OEMs are worse.

Did any of them accept your full payment take your money and then cancel!!

What happens if some of these people drew down private finance and now stuck with a loan if they try to give back could cost them.

This is an absolute mess just call it as it is!

It's not even the discount, I would have liked the option to pay the difference. The amount of mental energy expended on buying a car is ridiculous.

Tesla treating cars like Amazon orders

tesla to me is like apple. People buy the products regardless of what apple say/do. I think if there were genuine competitors at the same price range none of us would be on this forum and after today certainly wouldn’t be taking delivery of a model y. Tesla know this so can get away with what went down today and still clear the books next month.

That's irrelevant to me. IMO they've handled the whole situation appallingly.

I'll still be buying a MY as the car is great, but the less I need to deal with Tesla the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

I haven’t got cancellation email yet, but I’m sure it will arrive eventually.

I was eagerly waiting for my M3 since Jan/14th, but after this farce I think I’m done with Tesla. I will prefer to spend my hard earned money somewhere where customer is not treated like s**t. Long live legacy auto makers! They will eventually catch up on technology, but I doubt Tesla can go over startup mentality…

Agh here, will you stop with the same old what if scenarios.

People thought they grabbed a bargain.

Why would you draw down a personal loan now and pay off a car that’s not in the country till May?

Other OEM’s are just as bad. They are all the same at the end of the day.

What other option do you have? No other car comes near the model y for money and spec. That a fact. Tesla have zero loyalty or customer service. See this as a transaction and once you have the car never look back for help from Tesla.

• Advertisement

Like it or lump it I suppose.

Brand locality and dealer loyalty is gone nowadays. It’s just a transaction and numbers on a screen. That’s the business model whether we like or it not.

BMW have i4’s in stock now due to cancellations and there’s a few Ioniq 5’s about which would be my next choice.

Advertisement