Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are those my feet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Best of luck with the 5k races. Cork BHAA have a few evening 5k races over the next few months. No chip timing IIRC but usually decent enough courses with good turnouts. Maybe it might be closer to you but perhaps midweek evening starts might not suit? - https://www.corkbhaa.com/calendar/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Thanks D. I had looked at the PWC 5k next week alright when I was plotting my tune-up races for this block, but decided against it in the end. A midweek evening could be awkward enough alright, but I'd make it work if I needed to. Thanks for the reminder on those races though - one of those 5k's in May/June might end up being ideal.

Hope all is ok with yourself - noticed it was a bit quiet on the strava front recently.

Thanks very much D. The more I reflect on Sunday the happier I am with it.

I didn't expect to be so early for this one - light Sunday traffic meant I flew up the road. They had warned that parking would be limited due to all the activities taking place - no such worries when I got there but closer to race time there was cars being abandoned everywhere. I like being early myself, particularly at an unfamiliar location - it's nice to check out the set-up, get your bearings and chill for a bit. I was rewarded for my punctuality on this occassion by being the first to register on the day and so picking up one of the few remaining 'Run the Banner' water bottles (the rest were allotted to online entrants and those who had run the entire series).

Hope all is ok with yourself - noticed it was a bit quiet on the strava front recently.

I'm out of action for the foreseeable future due to health issues so my runs at the moment will have to be vicarious. 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Well done on the pb - you seemed fairly chilled coming into the race. !

3rd - 9th April

Monday - 10.15 miles endurance (8:48/mi avg). I wasn't sure what to expect with this coming on the heels of the 10k race the previous day, but it went very smoothly. Wore the Endorphin Speeds and kept the route reasonably flat so as not to overdo things. Wouldn't say I was reigning the paces in, but I was pretty comfortable for the most part with a bit of bite in the last few miles when I upped the pace to 8:20 or so. The legs felt great and I was really happy with how this went.

Tuesday - 3.64 miles recovery (10:57/mi). NOW the legs were dead! A complete and utter plod during (a late) lunch hour. Just ambled around and let the legs dictate the pace.

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - 6.10 miles (9:41/mi). A surprisingly tough one - the legs felt a bit fresher, if not quite 100%, but it felt particularly warm and humid out and this was a bit of a struggle at times. I'd also eaten some spicy chicken not long before setting off - never a particularly smart idea. I did pass the 500 mile mark for the year durning this run - very pleasing to reach that number in early April.

Friday - 9.25 miles Vo2 max. This was my first speed session in 4+ years I'd guess, maybe longer. It was 6 x 1km at 3k/5k pace with recoveries of 50-90% of the rep time. Tinman and FRR were closely aligned on the paces, which were 6:25-6:37, and I'd worked out that recovery time would be between 2 mins and 3:36 - I'd see how I felt after each rep before settling on which end of that spectrum I'd land. After a nice handy 2 mile warm-up with a few strides, I wound up in the Inch Field beside the castle and did the reps there. I had the place to myself for the first 3 reps, before being joined by the odd dog walker as the rest of the world awoke. It's a small park, and each 1km was 2-and-a-bit laps. I took off like a bullet for the first three reps before settling into the pace, and on the last 3 reps I tried to start off more controlled and be more even across the 1km. I was generous to myself and used the full 3:36 recovery after each rep. The paces came in at 6:26, 6:31, 6:25, 6:35, 6:33 and 6:37 - all within the range, if not exactly metronomic. These were tough, but manageable - I was hanging on toward the end of the last rep alright. The small loop and tree cover in one corner might have affected paces a touch, but whatever, I was happy - buzzing for the day after it.

Saturday - 3.89 miles recovery (10:12/mi). Weary enough legs again for this. Don't remember too much if I'm honest, only that it must have been a bit windy as my cap blew off at one stage - right outside the busy dining area of the local garage naturally enough.

Sunday - 14.20 miles endurance (8:52/mi avg). The longest run on the plan. The legs felt tired starting off, which didn't bode well as I'd need to up the pace as the run went on. Thankfully the legs improved as the run went on and each time I needed to up the pace they were able to respond. I'd chosen a fairly challenging route with plenty of hills dotted along it. The last half mile was tough, with an uphill section followed by a flat section in a wind tunnel, but I was able to coax enough out of the legs to see it through. Once again, really happy with this run on the back of a big week. Another 30 mins S&C later that evening.

47.2 miles for the week, which is the biggest week of the block, and my biggest in a long time. I've said it plenty times before, but I do enjoy those FRR endurance runs. Another tune-up race this week - which will either be a parkrun on Saturday or the Clara 5k on Sunday. Another PB should be within reach all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Are the races in the 3 Counties Challenge near you? First one is a 5k in Ballyneale I believe(wherever that is, I only know cos my bro who runs for a Tipp club has been promoting it on Instagram)

The farthest of those races would be maybe 50 minutes from me. For some reason I didn't have Carrick as one of the many clubs I follow on Facebook, so I've added them now. My Facebook feed is basically just running clubs and videos of guys making tables using epoxy resin. I had the Deadmans 4 mile (what a name!) earmarked as one of a few possible races in the period after Limerick, but didn't realise there was others in the series too, so thanks for that, I will check them out. The Ballyneale 5k would be ideal if it was a week earlier.

Yeah there are 4 of them I think. That's actually my brothers club! Some amount of road races down that way, he's been racing most weekends this year it seems like

• Advertisement

Clara AC 5k - 20:16 (PB)

I'd a longer post typed out, but lost it so I'll just put up this shorter version instead. The plan had this second tune-up race as an 8k-10k race, but I settled on a 5k being plenty. Had considered the GIR at one stage, so happy to have dodged that mess. I had a decent weeks running in the lead up to the race. Everything was easy or recovery pace, although there was a fair dollop of hills thrown in, and not much in the way of a taper.

Mon - 3.5 miles at 10:20/mi

Tues - 5.83 miles at 9:53/mi

Weds - Rest

Thurs - 6.59 miles at 9:35/mi

Fri - 8.31 miles at 9:35/mi

Sat - 3.59 miles at 9:21/mi

Sunday - Clara AC 5K - My PB was 21:08, but that felt soft enough and race predictors suggested I was capable of a 20:3x 5k, so I went with 20:30 as the target, which would be 6:37/mi. I'd checked out the course profile in advance and it showed a favourable start, some climbing to start mile two and a bit of a pull up towards the finish. While there were certainly mild undulations throughout, in reality the course was flatter than my research had me thinking.

There was a decent-sized field of what turned out to be 314 finishers, which gives you plenty of company in a 5k. I didn't think I started particularly fast - the pace felt kind of slow but the effort was right up there almost straight away and when I glanced at the watch I saw 6:30 so bang on target. The first km whizzed by as I settled into my running. Quick look at the watch as we passed the 1km marker showed 4:0x, which was spot on. I seemed to make a decent fist of judging the right pace/effort without too much looking at the watch. The 2nd km brought us up through the village. Tried to stay nice and controlled here in anticipation of a bit of a climb in the 3rd km, but still managed to keep the pace right up there. @Laineyfrecks 'run the mile your in mantra' randomly popped into my head along here and helped keep me focussed. I was seriously under pressure already though - felt like my chest was going to explode at one stage but that passed as I went by a few who sounded worse than I did. I don't remember seeing the 2km marker at all. The third km began with a right turn onto a small bit of a gentle climb, but we soon turned left and the road flattened again. Tried to push on again, but I was pretty much at my limit anyway. Passed the 3km marker in 12:15 or so. Figured I was on for the 20:30 if I could keep this up, but keeping up the pace seemed a tough ask, nevermind increasing it for a tilt at sub 20. All these thoughts went through my head briefly but kept getting shoved out by the screaming pain from everywhere! As we turned left back toward the village there was a bit of wind into our faces, but this actually may have helped me. I was a touch isolated but made the push to catch 2 guys maybe 10m ahead with the idea of sheltering behind them. Without the wind I might have stayed as I was, but I managed to bridge the gap. Spent a moment or two on the shoulder before driving on again. I gave serious consideration to pulling aside at this stage - a 4km race and 1km jog would be the finest I told myself before snapping out of it. Anytime I looked at my watch, my pace was showing 6:3x - I wasn't getting any quicker, but I wasn't slowing either. My legs were swimming in lactate now, and I kept cursing "oh f**k" as we mercifully entered the last km. Expressing the hurt seemed to help. The final km had a bit of a drag for most of it, although I can't say I really noticed. There was a Ballyskenach AC runner just ahead who had been in my vicinity the whole race. She looked over her shoulder and I thought "yeah, your place is safe, I've nothing more to give". The last 20m was downhill and I somehow managed to just ease past Ballyskenach and cross the line still yelling "oh f**k". Took a good few minutes to compose myself before heading in for some tea, cake and sandwiches which were in plentiful supply. I was pleasantly surprised that the legs weren't completely dead and managed a cooldown that was a touch faster than most of my deathly slow cooldowns.

Chip time came in at 20:16 in the end, which I'm thrilled with. It's a PB of 52 seconds. Don't think I could have run a second faster tbh - this was hard. I'd forgotten just how hard 5k's are. I'm thinking that I might switch to km's for 5k's and maybe 10k's in future - the in-race calculations seem easier? I'll have maybe 6 weeks between Limerick and the start of the marathon block so might revisit the 5k during that time. Sub-20 seems tantalisingly close, and at least worth having a crack at. Anyway, that's for another day - 2 weeks to Limerick now. Wound up with 35.1 miles last week, and it'll be about the same this week. I've another 10 miles on tired legs tonight, and one more VO2 session this week before the taper truly kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Great race A. Sub 20 will fall very soon. You're making stellar progress since returning from injury.

Post edited by py on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congrats on the big PB! I was looking forward to reading that. Great account of the pain and the mind games that we play. Sub 20 is definitely there for you. It doesn't sound like the easiest of courses, not bad but for sub 20 you could find a faster course I should think. May be a nice goal at some point...

Good luck with the rest of the training ahead of GLR.

Another great result and report there A. It must be very tempting to push on for a sub 20 when you're so close especially since it's been some time since you raced 5ks and usually it takes a few to get your best effort.

Even though the previous PB was soft it's still quite a chunk to take out of a 5k time. Were you wearing supershoes for this race?

Switching to kms for 5k/10k is a no-brainer although I usually forget to also adjust the autolap when I do it 🙈

Thanks E! I neglected to mention the mandatory "I'm never, ever racing a 5k again" decision which was made around the 3.5k mark. Quickly forgot that pledge as soon as the race was over, of course.

It was a fine course to be honest, some undulations but net downhill with the fast start that didn't have to be paid back, so I'd be doing well to find a course that was loads more favourable.

I'm actually beginning to think that I'm better suited to undulating courses. I like the changes in momentum and it suits me to use downhill bits to up the pace and then maintain the new pace. Anytime I've ran on flatter courses I've found them a bit of a let down - maybe I'm just not used to flat courses.

Cheers D. In a way it's nice to have the sub-20 still out there on the horizon.

I wore the Asics Magic Speed 2 for this. I'm not sure if they qualify as a super-shoe, although they do have a full length carbon plate, and definitely more helpful than the Kayanos I would have worn for my previous PB!

Good old Offaly for getting you a PB ;)

Brilliant run A, really delighted for you and it's so well deserved. Very excited to see how the rest of this year goes for you! Good lesson from this log for all of us that patience, consistency and hard work absolutely pays off.

Thank you V! My first race and (I think) run in Offaly and it didn't disappoint. I should mention that the race was really well organised, from the parking and race itself which both had plenty marshalls, to the fine spread afterwards. Top notch.

I was also struck by just how many clubs there was from Tullamore and the surrounds... Tullamore, Ferbane, Daingean, Kilcormac, Clara and more all from within a small geographic area. In contrast, down my neck of the woods you only really have Clonmel AC serving a whole host of towns and villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Catching up - super run there in Clara and many congrats on the big PB. Your observations afterwards re the cooldown are interesting. Every right to expect further improvements. Very well done all round.

Thanks D. Not sure what to make of the fresher than normal cool-down legs. Could be nothing, or something. Interesting alright. Currently trying not to look past the task at hand (Limerick Half) but I'm intrigued by another crack at the 5k in the coming months.

• Advertisement

April 17th - 23rd

Monday - 10.17 miles endurance (8:52/mi avg). A long run the day after the 5k - I kept the route the exact same as the same run the day after Ennis, for nerdy comparison purposes. Definitely felt leggier on this one than two weeks prior, but HR and paces were almost identical. Felt this one got better as the run went on, and I was motoring nice and smoothly by the closing miles.

Tuesday - 3.16 miles recovery (10:05/mi). Back in the office 2 days a week now (Tues/Weds) which will make midweek sessions that bit trickier to fit in. On the plus side, the grass fields and flat environs in UL are a nice change. Plus I tend to eat and sleep better when heading to the office. Mostly on grass for this one at a very leisurely pace, with the legs feeling ok.

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - 7.36 miles VO2 max session - 2 x 1200m, 2 x 1000m, 1 x 800m. I kept the paces for this the same as 2 weeks ago (6:25-6:37) despite having a fresh 5k time to work off. Not too much in the difference anyway, but figured no point in pushing the boat out at this stage of the plan. I returned to the same park as the last time, and again this was early morning before work. I'd say this went pretty well again - the shortening reps made you mentally think it was going to be easier as it went on, but it wasn't at all. Kept the recoveries at the full 90% recovery time (3:36) again, although I copped after that I could have went even longer for the first 2 recoveries as I'd based the 90% off 1000m. Paces came in at 6:33, 6:29, 6:27, 6:32, 6:36 and I'd say the effort was more even throughout each rep than two weeks prior. Hard going, but manageable, especially with the generous recoveries.

Friday - 4.43 miles recovery (10:10/mi). A few handy early morning recovery miles before work. Nothing too exciting.

Saturday - 10.16 miles endurance (8:48/mi avg). For handiness sake I just kept to the same 10 mile route as Monday's run. Wore the Gliderides on this occasion compared to the Endorphin Speeds on Monday. HR was 10 beats higher on this one, but once again I felt great towards the end clipping along at the faster pace. I'd meant to take a gel with me just to get the stomach accustomed to one again before Limerick, but completely forgot.

Sunday - Rest.

35.2 miles for the week, and I nudged just over the 600 miles mark for the year so far. Nothing too much this coming week - a couple of race-pace miles tomorrow and a few recovery runs will hopefully have me nice and fresh come Sunday. I'll hopefully throw up a quick review of the block and some thoughts on my expectations for Limerick later in the week.

April 24th - 30th

Monday - 4.17 miles recovery (9:58/mi)

Tuesday - 7.31 miles with 2 at HMP. I did this along the Blueway outside Clonmel. I've ran a few times on the Blueway now and I never enjoy it. It should be a lovely place to run, but for some reason I always find it a chore, particularly when heading upstream. The HM miles came in at 7:13 and 7:18, which was about right although HR seemed a bit too high for them. It was a pretty warm morning for it.

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday - 3.06 miles recovery (10:14/mi)

Friday - Rest

Saturday - 3.08 miles recovery with a few strides (10:00/mi)

Sunday - Limerick Half Marathon - 1:37:18

April was a good month, with 164.1 miles ran and new PB's at 5k, 10k and Half Marathon. I never got around to doing a preview of Limerick, so I'll throw out my pre-race thoughts now. I executed the block as I wanted - running the prescribed mileage each week, although I moved around and split up some of the runs. My target going onto Limerick was 1:34:xx, which would be a PB of 3 minutes or thereabouts. My recent race times suggested this was achievable. Worries going into the race were that the weather looked set to be warm and humid, compared to the ideal cool conditions of Waterford HM last December and Dungarvan in February. I also wondered about the tune-up races, and if those had taken too much out of me. But I was trusting the plan, and felt nice and fresh in the days leading up to the race.

Limerick HM race report to follow

I totally missed your HM on Strava, I didn't run over the weekend myself so I wasn't on it. Looking forward to reading the report - no pressure 😉

Limerick Half Marathon - 1:37:18 (29 second PB)

As mentioned in my previous post, I went into this with a target of 1:34:xx, and if things went really well maybe I'd even sneak into the 1:33's. I wasn't really entertaining contingency plans, but if things went sideways then getting under my Waterford time of 1:37:47 for a PB would be the back up goal. 7:12 mins/mile was the target pace, and after a bit of research of the course I identified miles 3 and 7 as having the worst of the early climbing, so figured a bit of a drop off in those miles. There was more hills on the back end, but figured by that stage I'd be all in anyway so no point planning a pace really.

We got to Limerick in good time and got nice parking on a green opposite the railway station. The railway station was a handy spot with toilet facilities on hand. I did a mile warm up with a few strides, and even then the sun was making it's presence felt. It was a funny day - drops of rain one minute, then some cloud cover followed by a hot sun the next minute. We saw the leader of the Marathon pass by as we made our way toward the start line. The half would follow the same route as the second half of the full, starting 90 minutes after the full had gone off.

I found a spot between the 1:30 and 1:40 balloons and waited for the off. They let us go in unofficial "waves" and I was in the second wave. I found it tricky to settle into my pace in the early miles. It was reasonably congested and I seemed never to be hitting the right pace even though the effort felt right. I tried to take advantage of any downhill sections and paces for the first to miles came in at 7:15 and 7:17. A touch slow, but no cause for alarm as things settled. Throughout the course I did find many inexperienced runners who were liable to make a sudden or random move - you just had to be extra wary I found, especially of anyone wearing the official race top which was posted out prior to the race.

The next 4 miles brought us out towards Dooradoyle/Raheen and then we looped through some residential areas before returning in the way we came. On our way out the marathon leaders passed by on the opposite side of the road, and similarly on the way in we passed some of the later marathon and half marathon runners. This was a nice distraction. I passed out one guy who had decided to remove his shoes, hold them in his hand and run barefoot. Not sure how that worked out for him in the end. The support throughout the course was excellent - kids and families were out everywhere, and as we came back into the city the crowds swelled. Those 4 miles came in at 7:22, 7:11, 7:10, 7:04. I was feeling good during these miles - working reasonably hard but I felt like I was in control.

Mile 7 started out with a long uphill drag in towards the city. I backed off a touch and let the effort guide the pace and tried not to bury myself completely just yet. The second half of mile 7 and all mile 8 were my favourite part of the race - a lovely long downhill section along O'Connell Avenue, onto Henry St and across the Shannon. I flew down here feeling really good. Those miles were 7:23 and 6:58. I'm feeling great.

I'm not sure exactly where but somewhere on mile 9 or 10 things just seemed to get really, really hard. These were 2 miles of mainly gentle uphill as we followed the North Circular Road around towards the Ennis Road. It was warm now, although at the time I wasn't overly aware of the sun. Despite the increased effort, the pace remained just about where it needed to be - 7:22 and 7:16 for those miles. I got through those miles by telling myself that the gradient would be more favourable once we got onto the Ennis Road. I hated every second of the next 3 miles.

Once we got onto the Ennis Road we were hit in the face by a tasty enough wind. This broke me mentally and I debated crossing the road and walking back to the finish. The downhill section here kept me going and I trundled on. The whole thing felt like a death march now and I got into a spiral of looking at the watch and being thoroughly disheartened at how long was left. 2.5 miles seemed like an eternity. We turned off the Ennis Road into a residential area for a loop and somehow it seemed that every corner had a hill waiting around it. I grabbed a cup of unknown liquid from a supporting child - it turned out to be coke. Took a couple of sups but saw most of it again a few seconds later. This was just horrible as I tried to grind my way through the pain, constantly running numbers to figure out if I could hang on for a PB. I figured if I could manage 8:00 for the last few miles then I would get a PB, but wasn't entirely certain of the maths as my head was all over the place. The watch showed 9:xx at times but somehow the miles beeped in semi-decently - 7:58 and 8:33 for miles 11 and 12. I drew a modicum of inspiration from the fact that the paces were clinging onto some bit of respectability and tried to dig in again for the last mile and a bit.

Mile 13 was thankfully flat and downhill so that gave some assistance. I wouldn't say it got any easier but knowing that the finish was near gave some hope. I just ran as fast as I could - which wasn't very fast and still an almightly, horrible struggle. The finish eventually came and put me out of my misery. 7:46 for mile 13 and 7:27 for the last 0.1. I made my way through the finishing chute in a daze before settling down on the ground by the fencing for a good 15 minutes as I downed the complimentary lucozade, banana and protein bar. Once I'd somehwat recovered I made my way back towards the car, taking in the start of the 6 mile race en route.

I'm disappointed that things went pear-shaped, but pleased that it was still enough for a PB. I'm not sure exactly where things went wrong - the weather definitely played a part, it was pretty hot at times and very humid. I talked to others who struggled too, but then some others went well and finished strong. Maybe I should have started more conservatively - my best races seem to be big negative splits so maybe that style just suits me. I met lots of randomers on the way back to and at the car and some of those conversations really cheered me up - there was a kid who excitedly told me about the medal he won at the kids race the previous day, an injured runner who wished he could be in my shoes and an older man who'd ran Connemara the previous week and was no doubt off to somewhere else next weekend. They all spoke about running with such passion and joy that it couldn't help cheer you up. I have to give a word to Limerick too - a great race, with tons of support and really well organised.

Well done A! It's a pity it didn't work out the way you wanted or deserved, but isn't it something that your bad day was still your fastest HM yet? I don't know that you should have started more conservatively, but I wonder if you needed a gel or electrolytes or something? Seeing as you seemed to lose it around mile 10, and then you mention getting into the banana etc fairly quickly after the race. I know there are some who strongly believe gels aren't needed on a HM, but I think for that last few miles they are certainly no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Lambay island

Great for hanging in there and still getting a PB. As V says that is still a good "bad day." Interesting that section where it went off for you. That is exactly where I blew up in the marathon last year. I don't think its as gentle uphill as assumed and don't be disheartened. Its a deceptively long drag at the hardest part of both a half and full. Well done!

I was going to ask about fuelling as you didn't mention it! I think something would have been no harm and definitely electrolytes at the very least, the humidity was quite high over the weekend - I was camping in a tent (for my sins) and the amount of condensation in the morning was unusual so I looked up the weather and humidity was at 95% which explained it... You have strung together a few big PBs recently so maybe you need another base period before you make further big leaps? And despite all of this it was still a PB, amazing really, well done! You sell Limerick fairly well too.

Thanks folks. Forgot to mention it in the report but I did actually take a couple of gels - took half of one around mile 7, and then most of a caffeine one around mile 10 I think it was. Hadn't any recent practice with gels so was a bit wary of taking the full one both times as I had a bit of stomach cramp in Dungarvan which might have been down to a gel. It's a good point about the electrolytes though - I had one in a bottle that morning but maybe could have done with something during the race too.

Looking at the bigger picture, I'm very happy with how the block went, and I'm happy that I was able to round it off with a PB. It was maybe last October when I first put Limerick on the agenda and I figured at that time that getting under 1:40 would be target, but I blew that out of the water in Waterford. So I guess if you told me 6 months ago that I'd run this time in Limerick then I'd have been over the moon. And as you rightly point out, I managed to get a PB so as bad days go this one had a big silver lining. I think I just got a shock from the blow up and felt that I didn't handle it well as it was happening - it's been a long time since I struggled so much in a race and it caught me off guard. That said, I kept going and saw it through which is pleasing. I'll take the narrow win, hopefully learn a few things and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Well done A for gritting that out. A PB on not such a great day is always a good result. When we see the posts come in on Strava its just wow well done they got a PB but when you get to read the race report you see the full picture & you have described it so well. Your standards for yourself are high & it didn't go to plan so that's where the dissapointment would come from(it's happened to me so many times) You are in a great place with your training & getting yet another PB can only boost your confidence! Well done😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

I had a major catch up to do her end wow you are doing well. 3 great PBs. Congrats. It’s amazing how you have come back from injury. I didn’t make Limerick but I kept thinking how similar this year was to 2018 when we’d a really cold spring and suddenly it was really hot the day of Limerick. I bet that was a major factor.

Advertisement