Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Rangefinders and GPS in Competition

Options
  • 01-04-2023 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Looking to get an answer on what's allowed for inter clubs only (not local rules).

I've had three different comments recently.

1. No distance measuring devices.

2. GPS and Lasers allowed if they only can measure distance (the device must have no functionality for slope, wind, or recommended club).

3. GPS and Lasers with the extra functions are permitted once these functions are disabled and not used.

A quick search online throws up conflicting info from clubs/usga/r&a. The actual golf rules app doesn't clarify but mentions to check usga/r&a website for examples. The Golf Ireland inter club handook doesn't seem to have a reference to this either.

Granted I've been searching on my phone which hasn't helped. Any inter clubs veterans or captains able to clarify?

Comments

Advertisement