Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

I had raised this issue last week where the order agreement has vanished(a few others have this issue too) and I heard the same line from the suport staff on chat. I suspect the VRT is being updated. If you look at your saved order agreement and compare it to the VRT section in the price details, you may find that they are different. The OMSP of the of the standard M3 RWD is lower than 50k and maybe the reduced VRT is being applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

1. In September 2015, the first Model X cars left the factory and Tesla held its debut ceremony.

2. But unluckily for Alsop, the event was delayed by two hours and he didn't even get to see the car. He couldn't accept this result at all! So he went home and angrily wrote an article "Dear @ElonMusk: You should be ashamed of yourself". Because of the bold title, it sparked a small round of verbal battles.

5 months went by and Alsop suddenly found out that his Model X reservation had been cancelled, and then he found out that it was Musk himself who had cancelled his order. At this point, Alsop became furious and wrote the above-mentioned article "I was banned from buying a Model X". The story has become quite a spectacle on the internet, and onlookers seem to be willing to make a big deal out of it.

Tesla didn't seem to react particularly well to this, as if this little drama should end here. However, there has been a twist. Today, Musk updated a tweet saying that Tesla refuses to serve rude customers ......

"Must be a slow news day if denying service to a super rude customer gets this much attention

- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 3, 2016"

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Which of us will be the last one standing...

She must be working in reverse, if anything it will show who got the first firesale order in...

'Firesale #1'

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tgbyhnujm

At what point do you get assigned a VIN - the car is about to get on the ship in China, it is on the way, or it is in Ireland/Europe does anyone know?

And if I don't have a VIN now, does that mean my MY is not on the next ship due in April? Thank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Not a 'fire sale' post, but noticing the talk of disappearing order agreements. My parents M3 LR order from January which got VIN assigned last week hasn't suffered from this issue and still has the order agreement in the account...yet another Tesla quirk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

FYI, Had a word with Web chat rep from Tesla. They can share the order agreement over email and get it updated under my account as well. I have validated the figures are same from the time of booking the car. I ordered M3 RWD standard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Quick update of deliveries, according to Tesla rep it starts by end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yesir

This is interesting as when I purchased my MY to the same spec. in the fire sale, it was advertised at €47,811 without being marked down. It was only when I called Tesla and asked could I have the one in inventory, they said “yes” then went off to speak to a manager/supervisor, came back and said the price was €42,891.78. Of course I jumped at it. They cancelled the MY I had previously on order. No email from Kelley as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 El Wexican

Was your MYLR Standard with hitch by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I would say unfortunately everyone will get the email at this point. If they give even 1 person the discount then it means we would all get it. be nice if somebody slipped under the radar tho.

MYLR Standard with Gemini wheels, black interior, Tow Hitch...

Yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭antfin

That's exactly the issue. The discount was shown on the website as a "showroom discount" but the cars were all "coming soon". They should never have been listed with the showroom discount or as exisiting inventory. Regardless of how they made the error, they left people guessing and then sent a very unclear email so people are going to fill in the blanks with guess work and get increasingly frustrated to the point of sending frustrated emails to them based on misguided understanding of the legal principles involved. That will take more time to resolve than if they initially reacted properly with timely call to explain why it's being cancelled.

In my experience all of this automated communication and unclear stock responses that companies are increasingly using is fine when everything is running smoothly but when any kind of issue arises it's not sufficient for good customer service. I've been frustrated with it across all industries including for transactions approaching 7 figures.

Yes, interesting as yesterday when i checked across Europe the only models that still had the "price adjustment" discounts attached were MYLR White/Black with Tow Hitch. There is also a post on the Tesla FB group where a guy said not all cars would be cancelled (according to his conversation with Tesla). He has MYLR with inductions/paint and his was cancelled.. maybe nothing in that but seems that tow hitch has some commonality with discounts.

Don't give me hope.. not like this. This is a doom thread now!

Anyone else here with a Standard MYLR with towhitch still waiting on an email I wonder... @Nedved85 is still waiting on an email right?

HAHA I know, maybe the two hitch cars are last on the list LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Mine had a hitch, I received the mail yesterday afternoon

Did it have any extras like white seats, paint, inductions or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think ye are barking up the wrong tree by saying "coming soon" means it wasn't an ex-demo discount. Coming soon just means its not physically ready for immediate delivery, it could still be an ex-demo.

But the more important point is that the discount they applied, as others said, was "showroom discount" which does sound very like "ex-demo discount" and that probably is the pricing error that they are referring to. i.e. They applied a demo discount when they shouldn't have. The "coming soon" bit is irrelevant, imo.

And I know people have got different answers from Tesla chat etc. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing here and the Ireland staff are probably waiting on Tesla HQ to direct them so you cant take every word from them as fact either, as frustrating as that is.

to me its an advertising error not a pricing error

Thats splitting hairs though. It was advertised at the wrong price. It was a new car and they advertised it as a demo car, hence it has the wrong price. Its two sides of one coin.

Of course they handled it terribly and if its just 50-100 cars they should just use it as a good PR exercise and make good on the order agreements and make sure they dont make the mistake again but ultimately it is clear they made a pricing error and are correcting it (badly!).

You should still keep the pressure up, Tesla might relent if they get enough complaints but I suspect they are within their rights to cancel. S8itty customer service isn't necessarily illegal though! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Nope white RWD MY with a hitch, 43,142. Price "adjustment" of 4.8K

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Well I can safely say that as someone who was considering a Tesla that this clusterfùck of customer service has completely put me off. No car is worth that headache and hassle. As one poster said it's put years on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

JFTI, My firesale MY RWD had red paint, white seats, inductions and tow bar and it was cancelled last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

I also haven't received the email from Kelly.

My car was Model Y RWD Blue / Black but did NOT have a hitch or any other extras. 42990 the price

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah you're probably right. I guess I was looking at it from past discounts applied. they all say showroom adjustment, even across the water and in other jurisdictions. They also display demo cars as such, inventory and ready for delivery as 'ready for delivery' etc so why this time did it suddenly appear to be legit but they say it wasn't? the wording on the site was perfectly consistent with previous discounts including the ones where people actually received and collected the car post discount.

that's the bit I find confusing and it (to me at least) appears they may have shot from the hip in their explanation which is why so many are pursuing it to find the truth. I genuinely believe they threw that cancellation email together and hoped it wouldn't be questioned. as consumers it good to question if for nothing else to ease our minds and clear any confusion. otherwise there's always that seed of doubt as to were we right or not. Even to get some supercharger points to soften the blow would be nice for those particularly who had their original order cancelled. instead all they got was tough luck you cancelled the order not us which is remarkable to hear actually happened in sandy ford.

if it was an error and genuine then they have mad a mess out of explaining themselves. whoever in Tesla Dublin is in charge of this really should question their ability to perform at that level. the explanation should have been clear and concise but all it has done (perhaps were part to blame and reading into things too much) is blurred the lines even more.

we should probably put it behind us (maybe harder for those with original orders cancelled) as most if not all have cars arriving and this has really taken the fun out of things. lets focus on the new cars arriving in a few weeks and enjoy what's left of that.

Just when I was at peace with it being cancelled... there is hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

On delivery. what's the requirement to show insurance? How do I get swapped over for insurance before I have the reg of the car?

Advertisement