Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

You need the correct firmware installed - I know mine says CANProtocolSofar for a hybrid Solis with the non Bluetooth Seplos BMS but the hybrid Sofar uses this firmware also. Instructions and location on the Seplos Google drive below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10pxgNLHovcDZRVGrCZsSkfecBrRw-AdW

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sligobuck

SMA SF option in the drop down list if for the Sofar Inverter.

🌞 8.60kWp PV System. Comprised of 6.2kWp @ 235° azimuth + 2.4kWp @ 145° azimuth, roof angle @ 35°, North Sligo 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sligobuck

From Manual

🌞 8.60kWp PV System. Comprised of 6.2kWp @ 235° azimuth + 2.4kWp @ 145° azimuth, roof angle @ 35°, North Sligo 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mariadumitruiulian

Thank you very much to all for your response. I found the problem, LCD and Bluetooth needs to be activated in the Battery Monitor software, they are disabled by default. Now fully charge cycle with top balancing by NEEY, fully discharge cycle and that's it , I hope no more problems...

Guys, almost to the finish of this project, I just want to do a full discharge now so the Seplos BMS learns real capacity of the batteries . My Sofar HYD EP Inverter stops discharging at 10% and can't be set lower, how can I go as far as close to 0 (I will set proper voltages limits in BMS). I see that Seplos is using inverter settings for the lower limit of discharge and maximum charging / discharging current.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

I have my Seplos connected to Solis inverter and going a week now. I have upgraded to firmware version 2.9 now which is at the link below.

The Seplos definitely takes the lead over the inverter. I have found the videos on the Seplos on Off Grid Garage YouTube most useful but still not exhaustive on all the settings.

I have been having Solis errors as the battery approaches 100% but I had both the cell and battery over-voltage ‘warning’ and ‘protection’ set too high. I now have them set to 3.45v and 55.2v and a little less for the ‘warning’ settings. Figures crossed as this seems to have fixed the Solis errors.

Also, I watched the Seplos software closely today as the battery came close to fully charged and the ‘warning’ setting brought the charging amps down to 10a and shortly after the cell ‘protection’ stopped the charging first at about 54.8v as two cells ran away. I have a Neey active balancer on the way so this should help get the battery to 55.2v. Either way, this triggers the 100% Soc on the Seplos and inturn- the Solis.

I also requested the Solis cloud to upgrade my account to allow me to alter basic Solis settings from the app and this is now working.

The Seplos has so many settings and is going to take a while to learn.

My views are my own.

This is all a learning for me. The cell low voltage warning and low voltage protection settings are probably determining/limiting the inverter discharge. I think once the Seplos reaches the low voltage warning setting that you set, it tells the inverter to slow discharge amps down to 10a. Once the low voltage warning is reached the battery is discharged. Maybe those with more experience can confirm.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭S'

Is there an email address to contact Seplos?

Having issues updating the firmware. "Unknown error"

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭championc

I'm assuming that versions could vary between the original BMS and the Bluetooth enabled ones

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭S'

I have the standard 200A BMS (not bluetooth)

Part Model: 1101-SP06

Logged in as admin but wont allow me to update firmware.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭championc

So could the intended firmware be for a 100ah or 150ah model ?

More to the point, what issue are you trying to resolve ?

To load firmware I had to be out of the admin log in and not connected at all to the bms. Just open the software and try again.

My views are my own.

This is fun and games. Again, Seplos takes the lead over the inverter. I couldn’t get Solis to take any more than 30amp charge from the PV but eventually realised by the time the setting gets from the Seplos to the Solis, the amps limit is halved. So now I have put the charging limit to 120amps on the Seplos and I can put the Solis up to 60amps charging. Charging over limit protection has to be set first, followed by warning, followed by recovery. If you don’t do it this way it will not save.

Post edited by johnbk on

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

The last function switch setting on the 10E(v16) “Single BMS 1.0C charging”. Turn this on and it no longer halves the current. I think the setting is used for two BMSs in parallel

Hi Guys!

Just curious, are you charging your cells up to maximum? 3.65V? What are your settings for max cell warning/alarm and recoveries? Are these cells built to be charged to maximum?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LiFePO4 can safely be cycled between 2.5V and 3.65V and you will still have 2000 cycles before the pack has 80% SOH left.

Make them work for you, no point in babying them. You will lose money if you are too careful. By the time they reach 2000 cycles (in maybe 10 years time) there will be better and cheaper batteries around.

I charge mine to 3.55, discharge 90% and I'm still at over 3.1V. I have set 300A capacity for 280A batteries(all tested over 300A), so i discharge 270A every full cycle. From manufacturer datasheet they claim 9000 cycles discharged from 3.55 to 2.8 at 0.5C(which I will never reach), so I should be good. Just wondering if I should charge to 3.65 or 3.55 is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Have also similar problem but only since I upgrade the battery last Sunday, changed the capacity from 400AH to 600AH

The Old Battery Settings were just fine @ 400AH

Also having issues with SOC miscalculation, have fully charged and discharged

Coming to the conclusion that 600Ah is out of range of the Seplos BMS

Any thoughts ?

SOC is determined by the Seplos cutting out on either max battery voltage or cell voltage whichever is reached first and both of which you set. Have you added the amp hours with more cells in parallel to the original battery? If you put the ah hour in Seplos as 500 then you will know that you are within the s spec.

Your charging seems to be limiting the inverter to 50amps. If you play around with the Seplos charging limit settings, you should be able to see the charging limit change on the inverter.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

Hi All,

I'm now at the phase of connecting my 16-cell (CALB) battery to my Seplos BMS. I have wired and connected the lugs and see 28V on both black and white connectors.

Where I'm a little confused is the wiring on the BMS itself and the T class fuse. How are you connecting the positive and negative on the back of the BMS. Do you have 3 cables on each per the image below from "Rays Build Cool Stuff" and are you also installing an Anderson disconnect (if so can you purchase the cables in this configuration or did you make them yourself)? Alternatively are you connecting all 3 with a strip of copper?

Would anyone mind sharing a picture of their wiring?

Lastly, are you installing the T-Class between BMS and Battery?

• Advertisement

Positive to fuse to isolator to BMS, strip of copper, into dc breaker to Anderson connector and onto inverter. Made up all myself and used a hydraulic crimper that I got on Amazon.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

Thanks @johnbk a picture paints a thousand words as they say! Do you have links for the DC breaker and Anderson Connector? Did you use 35mmsq cable throughout?

Don’t get the same heat shrink sleeving as it was too big. 100amp is max I am pulling so 25mm cable. This is the same size as inverter cables too. I have a northern address so I have no issues ordering from the UK.

My views are my own.

I finally have the Seplos and Solis working without errors. Final setting was to change the Solis battery control parameter battery overvoltage from 60v to 0.1v lower than the Seplos overvoltage. Today the Solis dropped the charging to near zero and Seplos didn’t have to stop the charging when the battery was fully charged.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

Currently working through this also. If you set it greater than 0.1v below the overvoltage the inverter will go into alarm. This happens because the seplos BMS incorrectly sends the "total voltage overvoltage protection parameter" to the "Equalizing Parameter" on the inverter. The equalizing parameter cannot be higher than the overvoltage protection on the inverter, hence the alarm.

I have been over and back with seplos for the last few weeks trying to get it corrected. They have me trying a few different things, mainly different combinations of protocols on the inverter and BMS. Ultimately i think they just need to fix the incorrect parameter communication.

I joined the two Facebook pages for the Solis and have found them a good source of information. It is from here I figured out changing down the 60v on the Solis.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭randombar

Just wondering where's the latest best place to buy this?

Contacted direct and they're looking for 250 odd????

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Did you PM @championc? He did a bulk buy for forum members and he might have a spare he could sell you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

250 for which amp version? I paid 200 recently for a 100A with the screen etc.

Advertisement