Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

Been there done that! It always shows check again later until it sells out at the times above. Better things to be doing at the end of the day than wasting time refreshing an app for the evening! It was more out of curiosity. No loss.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭con747

Yep, 4 different people trying at the same time. Ah my local Aldi is brutal so all that would be in a box is sh1te anyway so no loss. It was just out of curiosity to see how bad they would be!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

One local Aldi sells at least one box every day around 20:00, although those are small ones and people seem to not buy them anymore.

Another one has every 2-3 days around same time one. So far this one had good amount.

Thats your problem. You're kicking each other out of the transaction. Happened me recently with my wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭s.k.w.

My Aldi box tonight, not the best I've had but still a good box.

There were 11 other people collecting boxes tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Think I'll be deleting this app having never used it. Picked up a 2.4kg stuffed chicken in Dunnes for €1 and some other stuffed discounted to between 10-50%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It's still outrageously oversubscribed in Cork.

Two Centras and two Applegreens are all thats on offer at the moment. All a rating of less than 4*. Everything else is just how lucky you are at mashing the buy button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

Aldi Glanmire - 3 boxes went up today at 18:45, available till 19:15.

Tomato I thought were in short supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭LittleBrick

Offbeat Donut in Tallaght have cancelled three different orders, all within an hour of collection. Two midweek, one weekend. I have given up trying as one of the days they cancelled with half an hour to go, I went to buy one anyway and they had completely closed the shop. Clearly only cancelled so they could close early.

VDA Café in Naas cancelled two in a row. One in the middle of the collection time (!) and the second with about 75 minutes notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Collected a surf & turf box from SuperValu Knocklyon tonight (bought yesterday). Diced lamb leg pieces, two lemon pepper & garlic-rubbed fresh salmon fillets and cod goujons with tartare sauce. Not bad at all for 5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PublicBen

Clonsilla Inn - €4.99. I met someone random outside who was also going in to collect a bag, and said it was most likely going to be sh@t like the last time. Maybe I’m just spoilt with getting some really good value places, but I’m not sure this was worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,215 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is this on TGTG app or some other deal?

It definitely wasn't worth the money. That's got to be a very low review score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭john boye

TGTG. They go on sale at about 8.45pm and sell out pretty much immediately, it was pure fluke I got that one.

Dogsitting in Sutton at the moment and collecting a bag from Tartine bakery later this morning. I got an excellent one from there last time so hoping for more of the same 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Spn744

That’s tragic, definitely apply for refund there 😂

Two huge loaves of sourdough and one of turnover in my Tartine bag. I absolutely love sourdough so I'm happy with that. I'll use one, slice and freeze one and give the turnover to my folks.

I also picked up one of the €3 fruit & veg boxes from Lidl. Mother of god, there's a lot in it! This will also be getting divvied out to family, I'll never get through it:

So the tally on this is:

17 clementines

12 carrots

11 apples

7 rooster potatoes

5 oranges

3 leeks

2 heads of garlic

A fennel bulb

A turnip

A red pepper

A sweet potato

And a bunch of spring onions!

That’s fantastic - never managed to even see one yet. You could peel and chop a lot of that for the freezer. Carrots cook well from frozen (I cut them into rounds rather than freezing whole). Or a big pot of soup for the freezer in portions. Apples aren’t great in the freezer though 😬.

• Advertisement

Yeah, going to do a freezer fill. Potato and leek soup and beef stew.

I'll juice the oranges and should get through most of the clementines. My mam will probably take the apples.

Making a chorizo and chickpea stew tonight (to have with my sourdough 😋) so will use some of the fennel in that.

Got this from Lidl in Baldoyle, if that's any use to anyone, and they had five or six of them. I've never seen them in my local Lidl (Greenhills) at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,134 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Stewed apples freeze really well and can be thrown into a crumble, a tart or just have them hot on their own with cream/custard/ice cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭magicray

Those boxes from Lidl are fantastic value, I picked up one at the weekend, forgot to take a photo but got loads of perfectly good fruit and veg

I find them hit and miss. You need to be willing to walk away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Those Lidl boxes are great, however they are like gold dust now that there is an awareness of them. Got two in the first couple of weeks, haven't seen sight nor sound of them in the month since. What times do they usually put them out, or is it too different by store to be in any way predictable?

I was in the Baldoyle store at about 11am. Probably differs from store to store and possibly even day to day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I got a €5.99 box from Rolling Donuts the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Picked up a Aldi order tonight for the 1st time, didnt get to take a pic cos it went straight in the freezer but we got a great haul. Was very quiet in the shop today apparently so maybe that's why!

1 brown bread sliced pan

A pack of sub rolls

2 packs of sandwich thins

A bag of baby potatoes

Hummus

Coleslaw

4 Avocados

One of them little fruit pots of apple and grape

2 different cold pastas

Their version of a Rustlers BBQ rib

Turkey rashers

A spag bol ready meal, which wasn't out of date till today but looked very grey

Pack of meatballs

3 packs of pork mince

And bacon ribs

Advertisement