Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openeir map and eircode say FTTH is available, but Eir and Vodafone checker says its not?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Kiwi John

I have much the same problem as jaykay new(about 18 month build) . The house is set up for connection and close to cabinet but still no connection,

I had arranged for pure telecom to connect but there engineer ( KN same as eir) said he was not allowed to lift the manhole cover to run cable to the house (about 2m ) as only eir could do this.

Eir say it is up to openeir and sheem to have no interest in taking it up with them. openeir cannot seem to be contactable,and the national broadband mob just say as it is on the eir map take it up with them.

It is a bit like trying to push rope at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I’m a bit confused by your post. You said a pure telecom guy came out. Was he a Kn engineer.

Eir don’t own the manholes lids. Openeir do. So Kn/circet are contracted by openeir to carry out all installs on behalf of providers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,263 ✭✭✭✭phog

Could Pure Telecom have ordered your FTTH from NBI? Do NBI have permission to use eir ducting to provide a customer connection?

If PureTelecom ordered your connection from Openeir then the KN tech should have been able to use eir ducting/boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Even if it was nbi kn would of used openeir as network is shared

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Kiwi John

what happened was Pure Telecom said there would be no problem and arranged for the engineer to come out.They sent a router out and an engineer turned up in a KN. Circet van.

He opened the box on the front of the house and said there was no cable coming in of the street.

He then went over to a manhole cover at the front of the house,about 6 feet,and said he was not authorised to lift this as it was an openeir box.

He did say that a request form would be sent to openeir but gave the impression that it was a bit pointless as openeir just did things when they wanted.

That was about 2 months ago and i have been on to Pure several times since but they just say they don't know when it will be done.

I have also tried eir to see if siging up with them would speed things up but as soon as they hear what the problem is they have no interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tripapreza

I'm facing the same issue

How long did you have to wait for until your Eircode became available on Eir/Vodafone line checkers?

At the moment, only OenEir map shows we're covered with fiber looked

Cheers

TripaPreza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

@tripapreza no need to be posting the same question in 2 different threads.

It usually takes up to a month or so for suppliers to update their databases.

I found that I had to wait about 3 weeks for Vodafone to update their database after EIR did

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ronald Binge Redux

When you have an Eircode, OpenEir's map says you have coverage, but Eir's online checker keeps saying your Eircode is not valid.

What the actual .... is going on?

Eircode generated 29 May 2023. Still not visible on Eir and other operators checkers. The development is on OpenEir's map as having FTTH.

5th of October is a fairly hairy month to be waiting from 29th May. All queries so far are pure time wasting and Comreg isn't that interested.

Reminds me of 'da lads' in the old P&T in terms of several years long delays in getting a phone in.

Any joy on this? Slightly different situation to you. Houses 350m across the road getting FTTH.. OpenEir have said we are on the rollout plan but no date and cant find anyone to contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭clohamon

Department's intervention map was updated on 14th December with Q3-2023 data.

The game of chicken between Eircom and the Department will probably continue for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Similar issue for us too. We have all of the infrastructure in place in a new estate, the house next door at the end of the cul de sac seems to have gotten in there a few weeks ahead of us and have eir broadband. We're being told that there are no available ports now. There's only OpenEir infrastructure in the estate. Due to the maps not being updated until recently to show our eircode, none of the providers would even speak to us until the start of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Parents have the same crap for years. Everyone all around them has FTTH and the checker says they can get it. They even signed up with blacknight who gave them a date and then came out and said no ports available. They have been trying for years and they cant get FTTH. They are supposed to be on a port waiting list too, but what is the point of that. They should be compelled to arrange more ports in this circumstance.

They have also been hearing Siro is coming to their area for years now. Before Christmas we bit the bullet and ordered starlink. Cant complain about that at all apart from its expensive, but if you need proper broadband you may not have a choice.

And COMREG are a waste of time. Dont even bother with them.

Eventually resolved with a lengthy call to Eir in November. OpenEir had completed a survey it seems. They operate on their own time, that's for sure.

Advertisement