Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Im the typical blow in fan, but i pop back into wrestling when i see interesting things bubble up.The Cody Rhodes and general arc of things was enough to have my gf even interested in the run from the rumble to mania.

Wed been watching a few of the wrestling biographies the last while too and were pretty hyped going into Mania Night two.

Then get told to eat **** and Brock Lesnar giving the double middle finger sums it up nicely.

Infuriating as every now and again u get these flickers of great stories like HBK and taker especially the run up to the second match , or punk leaving through the crowd with the title that make ya buy in to the novelty again.

A shame as u felt they were on the cusp of something great kicking off an era again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Since HHH has been in charge of creative, the TV ratings are up and attendance is up and the general mood around wwe has been so much better than it had been in years and Michael Cole sounded like someone released from prison, and they had a perfect story with Cody, and it seems Vince couldn’t handle that and went nuclear and we had a terrible night 2, and then last night. This is a rhetorical question but doesn’t Vince not see how much he’s hurting the company his father built ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think it's at least a bit of he's been there so long that he can't stand the idea that someone could be successful without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I was hopeful that a new ownership might allow employees a route to ousting Vince if things get too horrible, but the more I look at the details, the less optimistic I become.

Vince will be the largest individual stakeholder in the new company (owning 19% of stock), and start off with a razor-thin minority at board level (6:5). I still need to find out specifics of who can appoint board members.

All initial signs are however pointing to a very bleak outlook, i.e., the booking can be as awful as ever, the ratings can tank, morale can plummet: Vince is back firmly in control of WWE, and will be going nowhere in the near future.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

https://pastebin.com/xtCPe52H

Doing that just after a meeting to reassure talent it wouldn't be what happened, no wonder morale would be shot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thing is, Vince is bullet proof from taking flak if ratings do start to decline again as he has a handy human shield in HHH who is technically the guy in charge of Creative... It's all a pile of shite tbh. Hope Kross didn't return his bondage style armor from his last run under Vincent.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

He’s back baby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even sure where to post this, but I guess it’s mostly Raw news.

per Fightful…

• Nick Khan and HHH told talent during the evening meeting of all staff that nothing would be changing, and minutes later Triple H did an on-screen promo saying much of the same.
    • McMahon came along right before the show started, after the WWE led meeting saying nothing would change, and then he went and changed quite a bit. He was also in Gorilla all night after WWE told many sources HHH would be there.
    • Several talent said they didn't even think the changes were creatively bad, but the entire dishonesty of the situation what was bothering them the most.
    • Omos was in catering, and wasn't planning on wrestling, then there was a change and there was a rush to make sure he had gear to compete in. 
    • Cody talking on a phone backstage and LWO intervention with Bad Bunny but both of those were scrapped by Vince 
    • Important people in the company had no idea Vince was showing up to make changes. And they have no idea what his plans are for Smackdown on Friday in Portland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Added to this Rollins segment was changed as late as him entering the ring. A ringside producer informed him his segment was essentially cut.

Rollins is not happy about how it played out.

Fecking hell, I sure as hell wouldn't be happy either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What is even the point of HHH being head of creative when Vince has final say? Doesn't sound like he's head of anything.

Not anymore he isn’t. Given the last time they said nothing would change and we know there was, I’d say he’s keeping the head down. Like it said in that fightful report, whether Vince is at SmackDown will tell how serious he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm guessing Brock will be 'suspended' for his actions and be back for a big match ie payday for Saudi in May

And we thought the last years Raw after Mania was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many ppvs is there until Summerslam, I'm guessing Roman vs. Cody will that main event

Saturday, May 6- WWE Backlash San Juan, Puerto Rico

Saturday, May 27- WWE King and Queen of the Ring, Jeddah Saudi Arabia

Saturday, July 1- WWE Money in the Bank London

Saturday, Aug 5- WWE SummerSlam Detroit

So Vince can blame HHH for things going balls up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Jaw white is officially ALL ELITE...Sure Vince prefers to 'make' stars than sign them...Omos is proof of that...👀

Sad but true. But how long before he becomes just another star in AEW. Their roster is too stacked.

That's very true,he's going no where near the world title and probably a step above the title below but shame WWE didn't take a punt

• Advertisement

And that’s something that AEW will have to address at some point, as they can’t keep signing people. It’s not sustainable.

What reason will Brock give if any tonight on Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's across the road from me tonight. Heading that direction for lunch now so will be on Vince watch 😂

I'd assume jealousy that he was the first match and Cody main evented

Roman also main evented but not attacked, Cody won the rumble like Brock the previous year

Seems about right

Phase 1- Attack Cody

Phase 2- ?

Phase 3- Brock vs Cody

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yikes, no comments about Raw 😳 Not encouraging me to look up much beyond whatever clips hit my Reddit timeline,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought it was a decent Raw tbh. Better than the Mania one for sure. Lot of travel issues so the show felt a little light.

Trish turn was to be expected but think it could lead to a good programme for sure. Changing the tag titles is the right call anyway.

The Otis/Alpha/MMM stuff is actually getting over with me, the crowd love Otis too.

Thought Cody gave a great promo, although not sure he'll beat Brock and wonder what they're going to do with him going forward.

Damage Ctrl definitely look to be splitting up but having Iyo get some time to shine and be the Number One contender is awesome.

Bloodline stuff is getting stale, throwing Riddle into the mix and having matches end the same each week isn't going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It's the Tuesday after a 4 day weekend, people have jobs. But yeah, sets up the card for backlash nicely, but nothing go out of your way to see.

Cody still over as fcuk though.

• Advertisement

Seriously Shayna and Ronda should be tag champs, Raquel should be pushed as a singles competitor

Trish vs. Becky for Summerslam?

Advertisement