Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55" OLED TV - CS6 SERIES €990

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭jj880

To me that means greater chance of damage to the TV picture over time. Depends what you consider damage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just be wary, its good practice to initially run Oleds at reduced Contrast and Brightness levels to avoid burn in.

Do not, I repeat not use Vivid or Dynamic picture settings, they are ghastly.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ben36

Is there anyway of moving the saorview channels in order on this tv?rte is channel 821 and would like to move to the front but can’t seem to find the move option on the programme edit menu.maybe not possible on the aerial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭loopymum

Mine finally turned up today! 2 weeks after dhl got it

I commented before on using the "- Move" option to move up/down the All Programmes list. Just tried the "- Edit Programme" option. It lets you choose a channel number to move to. Do you have either of these options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭ben36

Unfortunately not,the only two options I have is lock or restore on the edit programmes.cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

guys is there a way you can open a separate thread in the electronics section to discuss the minutiae of this thing's technical aspects?

please resurrect this thread only when it's on offer again with Very, Currys or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭feelings

Im keeping an eye on the price for this TV also for some friends so will post back here when it drops.

Have a lot of things to post though from fiddling with the TV so would like a separate thread. E.g. how to get a lot more channels through dtv antenna, how to get rid of that annoying LG channels input option and the associated app from the app list and more. I dont see a LG CS6 thread anywhere. Where should I post the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭shovel

Please do post any tips that you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭batistuta9

waste of time, those forums are dead. the last 8 threads in it, going back 3 months only have 2 replies. keep posting here least it's active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Re: moving Saorview channels.

I have successfully sorted them on a new C2 OLED I had delivered this week. Credit for this goes to another member who provided the tip on another thread -> https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058250089/lg-freesat-fta/p2.

Background - I have 3 x 43" entry level LG LED TVs in my house for 3-4 years. All set to UK region for Freesat and sorting of Saorview channels was allowed in menu. Roll on to December and I bought another LG 43" - newer model than the rest and the edit/move option for Saorview didnt exist. I posted on another thread here and another member came up with this solution. It worked on the new 43" and it worked last night on my 65" C2.

*** Use these steps at your own risk. I take no responsibility for damage caused. ***

If you have access to an older LG Freesat TV (same transmitter area) with channels sorted ok like I have, you need to export your channels to USB and import them from that USB into the new LG TV.

• Older TV with list sorted - There is an export to USB option in the Program Management .
    • New TV without Saorview sort/edit option - similar menu steps but import your already created file from the USB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

If anyone is interested I have put a OLED55CS6LA, 55 inch, OLED, 4K on Advert. It's unopened and sealed. Basically the person decided it's too big for them. Cork/ West Cork Area

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Would you not just return to very and save hassle

It was such a good deal it would be a shame to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rightplace2016

I messaged you there.. I'll give you cost price

Fair play to you for trying to pass on the deal instead of returning.

I see someone on adverts reckons you should take 500 since it's "second hand" 😂

Now we have someone on here telling you they'll give you cost price.

Just to let you know if you get fed up with this nonsense you have 28 days from when you received this TV to return for free to Very.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Passing on the deal would be selling it for €660. Selling it for €800 is profiteering. In my eyes anyway.

I've no problem with people making a few quid, more power to them.

But saying they're passing on a good deal because it's a shame to return it is a bit disingenuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

659 plus 25 delivery or 759 plus 25 delivery depending on when you bought it.

• Advertisement

Going through the thread, it looks like the op paid €660. If I've read that wrong, I apologise.

Again, like I said, I've no problem with some making a few quid. If it was last week when I'd a few quid to spare, I'd be making an offer.

Don't I know it!

Like I said above, I'd be making you an offer if funds were a bit looser at the minute. At €800, it's a great deal for someone.

Well in my opinion being asked via PM would I accept cost price or even would you meet me in the middle is grand. Being told "I'll give you cost price" on thread is pushy and would make me sell to someone else or return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

Very prices now 55” €2100 65” €2250

Just an FYI very.ie have only reduced to 1199 this time. Bit strange considering the new range of oleds are now out. I have alerts setup so if drops again I will post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭feelings

55 inch 999GBP on Richer Sounds (free LG XBOOM X03 bluetooth speaker)

65 inch 1349GBP on Richer Sounds (free LG S75Q)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Folks just FYI Ive done some deep diving on the best settings for this TV and here is what ive found. Its not an exact science although you can buy calibration software or pay a calibrator to come to 0your home and get the very best results.

For 4K HDR/Dolby Vision I set OLED Light and Contrast both to 100 and Gamma to 2.4 (2.2 if bright day/content suffers black crush, boost black level to 55), for SDR content I set light and contrast to 85 and gamma 2.2.

I switched off all enhancements (tru motion etc) and set Real Cinema to On (adapts frame rate to content to minimise judder).

LG OLEDs except the 2023 model suffer auto dimming glitches plunging already dark scenes even darker. The workaround is an £8 service remote and carefully tweaking of 2 settings. Its risky as it could brick the tv and void your warranty so its upto you if you want to try it.

I was impressed with the virtual Atmos. Watching Empire Strikes Back i heard asteroids explode behind me. But activating my soundbar and rear speakers there was no comparison. If you can afford it and theres room, get some speakers, it makes a huge difference.

I have a PS4 Pro and apparently the best picture can be produced by activating HGIG.

One thing I had to get used to: until this TV i was used to everything having a strong blue tint, even whites, dont ask me why. So when you use the TVs native cinema/HDR Cinema/Dolby Cinema settings everything will look too warm. But its v accurate (they call it White D60 based on Hollywood colour grading standards). Now I love it and characters actually look healthier with natural skin tones).

If you want to create shortcuts to apps, hold down the zero button and you can assign apps to each other number. Holding a number will launch the app.

Avoid using manual pixel cleans, the tv has its own inbuilt clock triggering cleans if and when necessary. Overuse can damage it.

Burn in is still a risk but setting Pixel Move (Shift? Can't remember) to On means the screen imperceptibly moves the image one row horizontally/vertically randomly). Also there is a logo brightness setting to help minimise risk of persistent graphics like channel logos or game HUDs from casting a permanent shadow on your screen.

There are geniuses online who could really drill down into the details, LG crew and Hollywood insiders and home theatre pros who could optimise your tv to within an inch of its life. Its worth exploring r/LGOLED on reddit although the occasional snobbiness can be cringeworthy.

Also theres a smart drily funny dude Vincent Teoh who has multiple YouTube videos explaining options and showing benefits of certain settings and setups, I'd recommend him.

Finally go with your eyes. Like what you like. Ask questions from kind people (tech bros are embarrassingly condescending sometimes). If I can help at all let me know. I got this tv as a last minute bargain treat and i love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lip Out

Do they deliver to Ireland? Don't see a similar deal on Richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Uk mainland only. I suspect a Very.ie discount again soon. They've been changing the prices up and down. Hold tight.

Advertisement