Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I recognised the name but they showed him in the crowd on dynamite, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't know who he was. I wonder will Swerve bring in new guys instead of the brock lesnar/tattoo guys? They are definitely wasting Swerve/Keith in this storyline, it needs a massive boost of life or just end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He was involved in one of the best storylines and matches on Lucha Underground with AR Fox and even though Swerve got signed first, Fox is the one I would prefer to watch and seems to have had more to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mast Jackson reportedly has a torn tricep and the segment last week was designed to write him off for a bit. He’s opting agains surgery which would have sidelined him for seven months.

Notes from Mox’s appearance on Oral Sessions.

==========

The show opens going straight into the Punk stuff. 

Jon starts by lamenting being dragged into ****. He hates that guys go on social media and blah **** then it blows up. 

Jon explains that he wasn’t under contract that summer. He had his contract extended for the time he was in Rehab. His contract ended and he didn’t want to sign a new deal in case he relapsed. He didn’t want to be in a new deal and have it go wrong. He told them:

“If everything stays like it is right now, I’ll be here forever, you can pay me in cash at the end of the night, whatever.”

The night Punk complained about on social media Mox saw himself as bending over backwards to accommodate punk and put him over on PPV. 

Mox looks at his career as someone who had to seize opportunity. He wasn’t often the guy, but he’s been given opportunities because injuries and other things have happened.

Explains that he doesn’t like badmouthing AEW but hasn’t seen as much stupid “bullshit” in his life because guys get drunk and tweet then that’s all anyone wants to talk about.

Jon explains that while he’s not an official coach, he loves coaching. He finds that it gives him a “high” like working a match without doing so. “Loves getting the best out of people.”

High praise for Marina Shafir. She’s someone he’s worked with.

Loves setting people up with Rocky Romero. Says he’s fantastic. 

He loves that they’re doing house shows. He also loves that he can send guys to Indy Feds he’s known with and have them work as well.

He was really upset to be pulled from OTT, but says he’s still going. He doesn’t say when to not jinx it. He’s still happy to have worked Troy, Ohio. It was less than 90 miles from his house.

He likes doing Indy shows to give himself extra practice, he calls them a “jam session” that helps.

Loved Vikingo and Omega. Mox says BCC waited until after the match to attack Kenny because they knew it would be good.

Mox isn’t sure of how many Indy matches he’ll work this year on Indy promotions. 

Mox puts over PW Revolver.

Mox puts over Cincy wrestling again.

They put over living in Cincy.

Mox says he’s building a gym in the basement, a physical location for the black pool combat club. He referred to it as his own version of the hart dungeon.

Renee asks to put a Pilates machine in there, Mox says no. She asks if since it’s going to be in their basement it was her way to join BCC. 

Jon got quiet, which seemed to be his way of saying “no.”

They gently bicker with each other over who is Messy.

Edit - this got me because she described his side of the bed and pillows as being covered by blood splatters.

Renee got a cat without telling Mox. She’s been selling it to him as a good Mouser the house they bought is old so they need one. 

Swerve, Mox likes the cat.

Mox explains his stance on anarchy in the arena, to do it once in one take in front of the crowd. 

He explains some of the blue prints he had for different matches and relates it to football. 

You can have a game where one team blows out the other, then you can have a game where it’s defensive struggle. Wrestling stories can alone different and “wrestling can be anything.”

He sees the Texas Deathmatch as an AEW staple now after there have been so many of them in AEW going back to his first one with Lance archer.

Mox couldn’t be happier with the hangman Texas Deathmatch. He thought the crowd would go nuts when he tapped out. (Edit This was a relatively in depth conversation)

He feels like he hasn’t been overthinking things this year.

Edit - he went into detail on what that means, he thinks about his matches before he gets with the ring then goes with the flow when in there.

He says he doesn’t normally like talking too much about how things are broken down because he feels like it ruins some of the magic.

He said he is innocent, until proven, guilty on the charges of sending the young bucks to the hospital and plugged in dynamite. 

He also said he has a lot of respect for the young bucks. He put them over for not following anyone’s path.

Renee and Mox put over each others legs. Renee tries to convince Jon to go back to tights. He declines because he likes his boots and they don’t look good with tights.

I tried to editorialize as little as possible here, but I’m not a court reporter. So I had to re-cap in most places because honestly I’m just not fast enough to type full quotes.

Edit 

The cat is a “Maine coon cat” and is described as able to get massive. 

Mox described it as having a “feral” Bobcat living with them, I believe largely jokingly. 

He also described in great detail what the “mousing” will look like while Renee described the cat as her best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Poor Don…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heel Bryan Danielson is best for business.

Nooooo not Cole getting into a feud with Jericho! 6 months later when the feud ends, Cole will be worse off.

BCC going heel is definitely the way to go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Brian Cage is leaving aew/roh, his contract expired and hasn't signed a new one. Guessing the embassy will be dropping the titles tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

🤣 Jericho the absolute vampire, whatever angle or person is hot, he wants in. At this stage it's like a running joke, not sure how many have come out better off after a programme with him.

Heel Danielson is to be expected, guessing they're building to Blood and Guts, Elite vs BCC (Buck's health depending).

When it showed Cole's card with how long since he'd had a match (June 26th 2022) I was curious and looked up Miro. He had a match the same night, then one in September and that was it.

Anyone check out the All Access yet?

No offence to her, but is there anyone on the roster that's less intimidating than Riho?

Seeing Willow do it reminded me one of my favourite moves when done well is the pounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I was about to post the same thing regarding Riho,her coming to Willows aid was laughable. Hayter should be squashing her in their match to at least build back some credibility

Just watched the first episode of All Access. First episode is from a couple weeks before Full Gear with the Bucks making their backstage return. So beginning of November.

Main focus is on Britt, Cole, Sammy/Tay, Bucks.

Safe to say Britt was not a fan of Thunder Rosa holding the title while injured.

After last night, don't expect to see Dante for a while. *Warning for leg injury* (I'll just link it instead of embedding)

https://twitter.com/ProWresMatthew/status/1641984984532623362

Hope it's not career ending. Tony said after the show that Darius will be carrying on as a singles competitor. So I guess he has a chance to show what he cane do like Dante did while Darius was out.

Speaking of Tony, I see there's another "huge" announcement on Dynamite next week. Another title?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Poor guy, that's horrific. Haven't seen a gruesome injury like that in wrestling for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Going to be devastated when Jay White shows up in WWE (by reports looks like he'll sign there). Would be one of my top picks for an AEW signing.

McGuinness has also teeeted he never retired due to injury, and has always been cleared to wrestle.

Announcing this righ before the “big announcement” makes me think there’s truth to the rumours of a UK show being the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I hope he goes full scorched earth, craven cottage, 1st July at 8 o clock, directly opposite money in the bank.

Osprey/omega 2

Bucks/FTR 2/3 Falls

Women's blood and guts.

If ever there was a week to go for it......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wouldn’t effect wwe though. MITB is already sold out.

• Advertisement

You know Vince's tiny grapefruits couldn't handle tony schiavone announcing that aew was the most attended sports entertainment event in London that night, trending second and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,354 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wembley Stadium

Sun 27th Aug 2023

Fair **** and hope it sells out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Going to be very impressive if they sell out Wembley. That's going to be like 90k surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They'll need Punk back for any hope of a sell out I'd imagine. Probably Sasha too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ambitious, very ambitious. I like it. I'd likely have gone too but have a wedding that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Wow Wembley Stadium….that’s a big call

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, that or some amazing card and cheapish ticket prices (compared to WWE anyway). Like I'd assume considering the All In name, we might get NJPW guys too like Osprey (surely with it being England we get him and ZSJ)

Is All out PPV a week after all in London?

So essentially they’re playing a house show in Wembley? That’s really ambitious.

No, they're doing all IN, which is somewhere between all out and forbidden door.

I'm expecting Osprey Vikingo and Mone to be involved. Danielson/ZSJ wouldn't be too bad either.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine there's zero chance of a wider European tour then, given they'll want to encourage as many Europeans as possible into Wembley.

That is super ambitious. Can't see it selling completely out, but it's a massive coup for them if it comes anywhere close.

Advertisement