Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Car Dealers in Meath

Options
  • 28-02-2023 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

HI All.

I'm going out looking with my 20 year old son soon for his first car and was hoping would anyone have any recommendations for second car dealers in the county who basically are good, honest business people with a decent stock for us to have a look at.

I know the second hand market is a joke at the moment but he's mad to get driving and if I buy a lemon with I'll be the biggest eejit ever. :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GavPJ

What is his budget? Might know of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭KaneToad

A friend of mine bought a car for his daughter from this dealer. I accompanied him at the time.

It was at the lower end of the market. It was a good few years ago (I think 6/7 yrs) and it was a 2010 car. Friend was happy enough with the seller.

I'm just a sample of 1 though!

Edit: can't post link?? Anyways it's KC cars sales in Duleek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Herself got a car off him and his brother/in law was his mechanic (the wife just had a baby) and couldnt/wouldnt fix a simple issue like an oil leak (i think it was down too the filter so was a small and cheap job) after she literally got the car

Then her cousin got a car off him and he seems to have outsourced the warranty etc to a company (possible Mapfre as seem to be the go to place)

Nice fella and all that,but you are there to get a good car not make friends

After that you could go to ANY place and have much the same experience, unless you break the bank and get a named dealer car, which would be madness for a 20 year old

Clifford Barron Auto Solution came up when i was looking for cheap and cheerful cars for lads in there 20s I used too work with

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

I bought a car from Martin in Willow wood cars last year in Navan in by Navan Nissan and I felt he was extremely helpful and gave a nice trade in value on my old Focus. I would be more than happy to go back to him for another car in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭BK5

Thanks for the help mad dave, he got a Fiesta a couple of weeks ago and all seems good so far. 👍️

• Advertisement
Advertisement