Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW30 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 05-04-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭

If Haaland is fit, and have all the money in the world, where do you fit him in a Kane/Toney/Watkins frontline.

A yellow for Toney would make the decision for us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else ditching Maddison? Although very hard to get rid right before a home game to BOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

My view would be that if you knew Haaland was getting 90 mins, you would have him over Kane. Toney/Watkins are both well capable of scoring 2/3 goals in a game and play for teams that are attack minded. Kane may be a steady Eddie, but unlikely to explode. So who do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hes done sweet **** all for weeks now so I reckon ill be getting rid myself. Have two transfers but I've no idea who id bring in for him at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Livescore has him as going off injured last night, anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Have the exact same problem myself. Think it’s gonna be Toney to Haaland for me. The potential suspension coming up makes it probably the right call but could also go wrong of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have only 9 players for BGW32 atm, so will make transfers towards that. Is it worth trying to go without Hauland for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Brighton have two tough away games coming up and then a blank. No idea what to do because on a good day they could easy beat both Chelsea and Spurs. Might get rid of Estupinan and bring back in after their blank.

I'll give Maddison one more chance against Bournemouth, eurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have to get rid of Nacho I thought he'd be a good differential how wrong I was

I'm afraid to get Wilson because he's made of popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 7 players with no game in GW32 so will likely starting move Havertz or Shaw on this week. Havertz to Watkins looks like a no brainer on current form

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know its a regular GW with no doubles, but is a -4 a bad idea this week?

Lots of teams didn't have Haaland this week, so that will be their transfer. Would there be scope for gaining points elsewhere with a hit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've got a hankering for Jack Grealish....

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

4 points is a lot when the player you’re bringing in has the sane amount of fixtures as the player you’re selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Think I'll bank this week and get a bit more wiggle room next week with 2 FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Toney > Haaland seems the obvious move.

Will leave me with 9 for GW32 as it stands and 2FT to get the full 11 all things going to plan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Havertz to Watkins, 3 in 4 at home(NFO/NEW/bre/FUL)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Sold Jensen now that Brentford's double game weeks are over and bringing in Harrison as he looks to be doing well since the new coach took over at Leeds.

Was looking at Harrison myself, as a replacement for Maddison. Decent fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Surely give Maddison 1 more week with Bournemouth at home next?

Going to go Toney to Haaland, big call on whether or not to captain. Probably will.

Haaland hasn't played in 3 weeks. Pep will want him playing, and in match rhythm before playing Bayern Munich. I think he'll play. Whether that is 20-30 mins or 60-70 mins is another thing.

Is it one of those weeks where you might be able to back against him? I'm not so sure. The captaincy is gonna be a tough one this week, purely because of the fear.

I want Grealish too, he seems to be nailed now in the starting line up, and Foden is still out. It's Pep though, and the CL games are looming. Grealish could be an easy switch for Maddison / March because of his price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Its time to start transferring guys out to set up for week 32 , Which sees Brighton, Chelsea,City & United not playing ,

I would have 10 lads not playing ,

I'v gone this week

De Gea,

Chiwell. Mee, Tripper

Saka,Martinelli, Rashford, Bruno

TOney, Watkins, Haaland (C)

Bench, White, Foster, Webster, Mitoma

Would any one change nay of them around ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

This is a very tough week with BGW32 and DGW34 to keep in mind.

I transferred out Kolavic (I don't know either, I think I was drunk when I took him in) for Harrison Reed.

So for this week:

Raya

Trippier - Estupinan - Chilwell

Reed - Saka - Rashford - Billing

Haaland - Isak - Toney

Bench: Allisson, Martinelli, Mee, Zinchenko.

Leaves me with 10 players for GW 32 and 4 DGW players.

I am tempted to get rid of Chilwell for a -4 this week to get in a non BGW/ideally DGW defender, which is very slim pickings. In form, it's Aguerd or Zouma, but putting in a Wham defender at themoment seems insane...

Alex Moreno has nice CS potential points in GW30 & 33.

No DGW, but does play in BGW32

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm considering it yeah.

I want Haaland back so 2 options.

A) Easy switch Kane to Haaland. 1FT

B) Toney & Bruno to Haaland & Grealish for a -4

Toney against Newcastle defence could be tough going and Bruno playing in the deeper role is too expensive and the early KO's are usually drab affairs so not expecting many goals. Haaland is Haaland (I may also put the (C) on him) and Grealish is a risk that could pay off - cheap and has a high ceiling but Pep is Pep. Would be a lovely differential.

Same. Does he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Toney to Haaland is the obvious move but I've no free hit left so need to be mindful of GW32 as well. It's a tricky one.

I'm thinking of rolling this week as I'd need to make two transfers, including a hit, to get Haaland back in. Cue Haaland-mega-haul.

Pep says Haaland is ready anyways.

Shaw is out. If I knew he was a medium-to-long term out, could do the -4 there for Ake/Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Haaland should be itching to get back firing, especially against a team like Southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Haaland wasn't that close to a price rise last night about 11 or so. When had exact funds to go Kane to Haaland. But wasn't sure if wanted to do the move and said I'd sleep on it. Now priced out of it and will have to take a -4. With getting Salah in with the ITB funds from Haaland sale. I'm caught....

It's the fear of not having Haaland now that is killing me.

Can do Kane and Toney to Haaland and Watkins, might just pull on that.

Advertisement