Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An interview with the HSE

• 06-04-2023 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

My son did an interview yesterday with the HSE. How long is it likely to take for them to come back to him with a yes or no? It's for a fairly high up clerical type role, not something medical.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

It's nowhere as quick as when you apply to a private company.

It also depends if he applied to a panel / competition or for a specific post.

I'd guess 3-4 weeks but he could email the contact asking for an approximate timeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was told two days after the interview that I had come first in the competition but it couldn't be confirmed for a week or so in case someone else interviewed appealed their placing in the competition. They let me know quickly enough, certainly within two weeks of the interview but I reckon it was nearly 3 months after that before I actually started working for the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

It's a specific post, would that make the process a bit faster?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

You would normally hear within a week if you were sucessful/placed on a panel or not. From that point depends who in the hse is progressing the post. I work in an hse hospital with it's own HR so things can go pretty quickly. Usual holdup is garda checks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Young fella still hasn’t heard. No idea why not, maybe the fact Good Friday and a Bank Holiday Monday have fallen in the interim is the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yeah, only a week has passed and a lot of staff in the HSE take holidays over the Easter period. I wouldn't worry yet.

Advertisement