Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council housing application

Options
  • 05-04-2023 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I applied for Council housing last year and got rejected as with me and my partner on the application together we are over threshold income in our area (my partners earnings were high)

If it was just myself and my daughter that I put on the form we would get on the list no problem because I'm not earning alot of money on illness benefit, nor if I was back to work

Were private renting in the same house for almost 4 years now, our landlord increased the rent 2 months ago and showed up at my house yesterday telling me he was going to be selling the house and that it wont be happening until the end of summer!

He offered me first refusal to buy it but we cannot afford to buy a house that wouldnt be an option, theres no hope of us getting a mortgage because we don't earn enough for one and have no savings.. There are no houses to private rent in my area or even outside my area, i dont know were they expect us to go because there is litterally nowere! Im honestly so upset because i have a 1 year old child and were such good tenants and they always say so which is why were shocked now,

We are so stuck now and im wondering if i apply for a council house again should I just say I'm single because I'm not married and have it for me and my daughter

In the application theres and affidavit to swear under oath that I'm not with my partner and that he's not living in the same address as me, I don't want to lie but I cant afford to buy a house and we have nowere else to live once this house is put on the market,

Please someone give me advice

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement