Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Thanks guys, good to hear a few success stories. I'll probably give it a go myself at some point in the next few months

Have you noticed any lag compared to the onboard SSD from Sony?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No, it's blistering fast. I transferred 300gb from my internal when I got it, took 3 minutes. If you're only going for 1TB Amazon UK have the Firecuda 530 heatsink version for £103, this is pretty much the fastest rated ssd for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Got a Corasair 1TB with heatsink included, extra storage is great, ever since I got GB broadband I was always running out of room 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Looking forward to the RE4 demo. Was never a fan of Resident Evil until the RE2 remake which is one of the best games I've played in recent years. As I never played the original RE3 I didn't have issues with the content they left out. The quality of the games are top notch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think the remake is on sale atm for a tenner. Does it still have that mechanic where you are stuck in place while shooting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,617 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I installed a WD Black 2TB with heatsink M.2 about 6 months ago. Absolutely no issues with it. Easy to install and don't notice any difference. Admittedly I put games I don't want to delete but also don't regularly play on the M.2 and usually just play games directly off the SSD (then when I finish the game, I might then transfer it to the M.2), so I don't play a lot of games directly off the M.2. But any time I have, never noticed a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

Couldnt resist at this price. 685 euro including delivery.

Hopefully they honour it as it seems like a mad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They had a brilliant price on the C1/C2 last month and honoured the price so I'd imagine they'll do the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

€1309.99 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Thanks very much for sharing this . Id never heard of this website . I took advantage last night of that deal ! I've the lg cx 48 and I love it . Building my own house so was debating what put in sitting room as the cx48 be in my office . You solved my sitting room debate when you have that tip!

• Advertisement

Setting up that TV in your new house will be the business.

First thing Im doing is Thumper 120hz on mine. 🤩

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They used to be Littlewoods :)

If you go to the old littlewoods url, you get this splash when you enter the site

That was a mad price alright, did they dispatch it yet?

Heres what my order says:

Order placed at 21:10 so hopefully all good.

Good luck 🤞

Hope you get the bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Insider Gaming sources have confirmed that the PS5 Pro is in development and could release with a tentative release date of late 2024.

Insider Gaming previously reported that a new PlayStation 5 with a detachable disc drive is scheduled to release later this year. It's understood that this new model will phase out the current PlayStation 5 to cut down on production and shipping costs. In spite of the widespread reports, this is not the PS5 Pro model.

This is "just the beginning of new hardware coming to PlayStation users this generation", said one source when talking about the detachable disc drive console.

As for what the PS5 specs will entail, details are limited. However, a recently-published patent by PlayStation architect Mark Cerny (spotted by @Onion00048) suggests that Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking to "accelerate" ray tracing performance in video games.

Just like with the PS4 to the PS4 Pro, we can generally guess pretty confidently that the PS5 Pro will have increased visuals, performance, and speeds. But as for leaked details, we'll have to wait until a later date to release those.

Insider Gaming understands that the next generation of the PlayStation, the PS6, is unlikely to release until at least 2028. This would put the current generation console release schedule in line with its predecessors.

I was only wondering last night when they might announce this. I'll be day 1 trading in. Was very happy with the upgrade from the 4 to Pro, so I'm assuming this will be a nice step up. Probably target 4K/120 RT.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

60fps, 4K, RT and a good trade in deal with Gamestop would seal the deal for me.

Fyi for anyone who ordered this TV mine just dispatched.

Very.ie link for this originally posted by @pad-cam over in the bargain alerts forum. A true hero in the current financial climate. Thanks pad-cam.

Nice one @jj880

Must be one big package!

Took them nearly a day to pack it! 😆

I got my own bargain on a €1400 worth Bravia for €700 last summer, but I am jealous of the OLED at the price, I won't lie!

Yeah fantastic price, €200 less than what I got my 42 inch A90K Sony OLED. I got that reduced from €1699 to €1000 and then got a €100 rebate from Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Nice, I've that TV it's great. Playing God if War on it is amazing. But playing resident evil 7 or 8 is insane. The blacks are so black it really adds to the crushing atmosphere in those space spaces.

It's also got Geforce now app built in. You get 6 months free too. You can get Xbox cloud going too in the web browser but I've found I lose controller connection so might need to play with it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Just checked mine after you said it . Mine dispatched too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

If you're looking for something to test out the blacks on your oled, play Until Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mu God of War Ragnarok Dualsense is a lovely controller:

The Galactic Purple Dualsense is still my favourite:

This LG OLED CS6 would bring a tear te your eye. Like it was made just for PS5. Everything pops off the screen and 120hz on a large panel is smooth like butter. DHL delivery driver said they are getting truckloads of them regularly. If it goes on offer again I will repost here 👍

Quiet thread is quiet. Can't tell if its April fools stuff, but Sony allegedly making a handheld but it uses remote play from your PS5.

Like a DualSense but with an LCD in the middle. Due to come out between the removable disc drive PS5 and the PS5 Pro (holidays 2024).

I don't see the point of it. Instead, I'd prefer if Nintendo brought out a docked only Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

is that just a PSP/Vita. I have both gathering dust in my house.

The image is a Vita, not the new handheld. Going by Logitechs Xbox Cloud handheld it will be stupidly overpriced for what it is.

Think that is a Vita because they don't have any images of it yet. I'm just not sure they get what people want in a Handheld...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With the appropriate 'rumour only' caveat, I do reckon there is probably a market out there for a well-built streaming device that can play games without the need for a TV.

But unless there's something exceptional about a rumoured PS-branded one (like a high-quality OLED screen), something like a Steam Deck - which you can stream your PS5 to and play PC games natively - is an exponentially better value proposition.

Advertisement