Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I dont think so no - he is the one in the garage , but not Michelles son

OK. And did the viewer see it. Did he..? Or did he not..?

they both drunk too much was out of control and not in control of their faculties/minds and she passed out and he didnt know and thought he got the all clear to go to the next base ...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yes, he did. She was passed out and couldn't consent, so yeah, he raped her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

He did rape Amy, and no, he isn’t Michelle’s son. This guy is much younger than Ryan.

• Advertisement

what! wait! - he didn't even ask her if he could put his train into her tunnel? - they were both stone drunk so much so they were'nt in control of their bodies, emotions, thinking rationally enough to know what was going on.

Moral of the story dont get so goddam bladdered or get to that stage that either of you don't know what the hell you are doing and are not in charge of yourself or the situation!

Ages are.. fluid in weatherfield. Ran went off to college looking like a 16 year old nerd, came back from college looking about 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ryan you plonker. Surely you'd know what he meant by the question. 😊

• Advertisement

oh generally sorry , I did not eve think you missed out the Y - sorry 😁

and what threw me was the college bit , because when he was introduced into corrie I thought he had just come back from Ibiza doing DJ'ing there

haha i am allowed to get things wrong you know @Jeff2 - chill your boots man 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She was passed out, not just drunk.

Moral of the story, don't rape women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭apache

Don't know how that story will go now with what Amy said.

Poor Apollo, such a likeable character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Craig is such an eejit, Fay is just wants to chat to Miley, get to know her, and Craig did similar to Beth, just takes over all enthusiastic.

Poor Paul, good scenes last night with him, he needs to accept help instead of always giving help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yep. Thats what happened on screen.

They might have wanted to portray rape but ended up showing a drunken one night stand. Aaron simply shouldn't have been as drunk as he was, they utterly butchered the start of the story making the rest of it a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DT2016

Craig wants to get to know Miley yet is worried about the ex lol what (can he leave also) imagine calling the police and he turns up I wouldn’t feel safe.

That Canadian girl accent goes through me like a knife “I prefer chocolate” oh my god shut up

Brian and the Italy nonsense Jesus give me strength what a load of rubbish.

The Sarah story is rinse and repeat of her and Callum years ago.

yep they didn't portray it very good. I am not keen on the actors who played it either. i don't think they were strong enough to play the part. Aaron always looks like he about to burst out laughing in scenes, and Amy does not look convincing as being upset.

craig is right to feel unsecure of Jackson ... you can see a spark between Faye and Jackson ... you can see it a mile off - well at the very least it looks like Faye fancies Jackson ... and Tim can see it as well I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Paul is playing the role really well. You'd think that he'd have been advised to bring a companion to that meeting with the Doctor.

Looks like Faye is realizing what a dope Craig is

They didn't butcher the start of it, it's exactly the point of the story. It's not a "traditional" rape storyline, it's about consent, and the fact that someone can't consent to anything if they're passed out. He was conscious for the whole thing, so it's his responsibility to make the right decision there. He didn't, he carried on because he wanted to.

• Advertisement

it should have been a storyline for the kids to (even though they more than likely dont watch corrie) to say dont get absolutely so out of it on drink and be aware of whats going on around you - the situation was they were all pally and joking about as great mates and joking about being so drunk and wasted and laughing about it and how easy it could be for a young lad to find himself being accused of rape all of a sudden just cause he was drinking and having fun with a friend , someone he knew for ages and had been having a laugh with and who kissed (mutually between the 2) about a week before the 'rape' happened.

a combination of being out of mind on drink, messing about with a friend he knew for ages and had a moment a week before, sending or being sent flirty phone texts, getting the wrong signals and not realising that she had passed out - would that put before a jury come back as clear cut verdict of rape if it ever got to court?

Paul is playing a blinder he’s a good character and actor. He wants to do good by everyone it’s so sad.

I can see Aaron falling for abi and trying the same thing but Abi will be sober. That’s will be his downfall.

He’s not clever to mask it either, taking the the posters and not telling Abi in the beginning who accused him. It’s all signs for guilt subconsciously

hate that if thats the road they are going down making Aaron out to be a monster and a serial rapist . He was such a good lad and thoughtful and wouldnt hurt a fly ... would be terribly out of character for him if thats the way they are heading him in storylines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭optogirl

He is the guy at the garage but nothing to do with Michelle/The Conors. He came into it because he attended a diabetes support group that Summ-eh was at.

Agreed good storyline but wrong character if you remember Max’s bully who stabbed Alya. The story should have went to him. I hate when characters get a personality transplant, Samson in Emmerdale comes to mind he was so sweet and all of sudden he’s a villain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yeah thats obviously the storyline they planned, but its not the one they are doing. He was too out of it to make any kind of responsible decision. Whether it was the actor failing to grasp the job or the director forgetting what he was meant to do it wasn't done properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am glad Summer still believes Amy and supports her

I'd prefer Paul living with DeeDee or Bernie, away from Billy

Sarah the idiot falling for bad Damon, man bun Adam is much better

Abi is making Aaron a Seb substitute son

Aaron was so massively tall when he was hugging Abi (either that or she is small)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Anyone know when Stephen's victims will be found? Going on way too long now.

• Advertisement

There's no reason to think they're making him a serial rapist though. As far as I can see the whole point of the story is that a lot of people wouldn't think he was a rapist. And even given what he has done, he didn't set out with the intent to rape anyone that night, he hasn't targeted Amy deliberately, and there's so far been nothing to imply that he's lining up another victim.

This has potential to be a really important storyline if they handle it right. There's probably thousands of "nice guys" out there who nobody, including themselves, would think capable of doing something like that, and that's why it had to be a character like Aaron who got the story.

Making out that only one kind of person can rape someone isn't realistic and can actually be quite harmful.

Advertisement