Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council house cork

Options
  • 07-01-2023 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I received a phone call from cork county council last January in relation to a house i bided on through CBL i got asked to send pay slip etc nothing ever came about. then at the start of December I got a phone call again from a housing officer, same thing again pay slips etc then she rang me Tuesday to ask me to come for a meeting this morning. it was just about our current housing situations medical conditions etc. When i asked if we have a good shot at getting a house and she said there is 16 houses we have qualified for a 3 bed but she cant say that we will definitely get one as she has to pass the assessments onto her line manager to sign off on. Does anyone know if this is a good sign? as five years on the list and we have never been contacted

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,935 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes it's a good sign. But not a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭tugii20

5years on the waiting list is I think very good, some people wait like 10 years, how many children do you have? what area was house located?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭rob316

5 years isn't long at all, average is 10 years in Cork. It's a good sign but you could still be in for a big wait

Good luck, hope you get good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭65535

No one protesting outside City Hall - few houses being built, many houses left idle until they are burned out and then maybe just maybe they do something about it.

Funding left at central government due to a lack of willingness to even employ a vacant housing officer.

Hundreds - yes hundreds - of people arriving from wars or economicially deprived zones of the world arriving daily with no where for them to go - people sleeping on the streets.

People in their 30's still at their parents houses hoping for a better future but no sign of one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭65535

More of a point than your single line input !

'Rant' my arse - just because you are not doing anything about the crisis does not mean you can verbally abuse those who have strong feelings about it -

Advertisement