Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

This is where my tent was supposed to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Truly rotten day weather wise. Got loads done around the house though which was a bonus.

Think it's to be better tomorrow.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Same as everyone else, was supposed to go to the bottle bank, the clothes bank and clean the decking and none of these jobs were achieved today.

The only thing was I relaxed all afternoon which is something I struggle to do at times.

My youngest son picked up his first car this morning so proud Dad moment right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Went to the Leinster match yesterday. Decided at lunchtime to drive and parked by the Pepper Canister. So glad we did because the weather was horrific. Couldn't have faced getting the bus there and back and the walking on top of it in that miserable weather. Nice to get home by 8.30 and warm up on the couch with the cats acting as hot water bottles

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One thing no one really warns you about when having kids and especially when they start crèche is how sick you’ll end up getting.

Im on my second bout of conjunctivitis this year, had a throat infection and covid as well this year not to mention about ten bouts of man flu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

@Loughc I couldn't agree more!

Just finished a course of antibiotics today thanks to a very bad throat infection...I blame the 3 year old. He was 6 months old when covid hit so never really mixed and he only started naíonra this year so he is catching EVERYTHING!! Only saving grace is that our 8 month old should have a fantastic immune system thanks to her brother 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Hope you are on the mend @Loughc - kids are germ magnets!

@tscul32 hope you didn't get too mucky, I'm not a camper so that photo fills me with dread!

Busy weekend here; Saturday an absolute wash out but the kids had friends over for the afternoon which left me in peace and quiet for a bit :) Long day at Scór yesterday & although we don't advance to the Leinster Final, we had a lovely day. Some talent in those young people is all I can say. On a countdown now to 5pm on Friday for my week off!

Just noticed from keeping an eye on the countdown that it is 100 days since last Christmas.

Does it seem more or less than a 100 to you guys?

For me it feels a lot longer. Due to being away I cant help feeling we didnt really get a christmas last year so it feels like a lot more than 100 days.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Feels like a hell of alot longer than 100 days ago, it feels like a distant memory.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This week already feels 100 days long. Pre-Easter chaos. 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Sick since Sunday. Head cold, cough, aches and pains..seems like everyone has that or the vomiting bug. Hopefully be fine for the weekend. The shortage of disprins etc is not helping matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Decided to throw in the towel early this week & book Friday off. So I'm off from this evening until April 17th - really looking forward to the break, hoping to chill out for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Was anyone in Ranelagh over the last few days?!

Someone I work with seen something with union jacks and a red postbox being filmed in Dublin City centre today- I wonder was it related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Must have been related. I hope we can find out the name of the film to be able to watch it!

I think it’s something along the lines of “Christmas in Notting Hill”

Hallmark channel original.

I logged in this morning to put up a post about a Christmas Hallmark movie being filmed somewhere in Dublin in the last couple of days and I've been beaten to the punch 😄😄

They are not my thing but I might actually have to watch this one.

You're a braver man than me 😀 I cant sit through those Hallmark Christmas movies at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Ah Freedom ✊🏻

Seven days of self isolation completed & thankfully a negative covid test this morning. Still feel slightly congested though I expect it’ll be a while before I can breathe through my nose completely, so tiptoeing back to the real world - although I’ll be taking it easy this weekend at home, avoiding outside contact for next few days 😷. Many thanks for the well wishes 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Glad you're feeling better Gidget just in time for the bank holiday weekend even if it just means you enjoy the lounging a bit more!

I've no plans for Easter but I'm going to Six the musical tomorrow. I've seen it before but the girls from college were going and it's worth seeing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

A glorious Good Friday morning. I hope some of you are off work today and can enjoy our first taste of Spring.

Happy Easter to all in my favorite forum, another milestone to tick off on the big countdown!!

Lovely weather lately great having the bright evenings managed to fit in post work walks all this week. And the dogs are loving the play out the back while it’s still bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I've been meaning to reply to this.

My eldest got really sick in creche a simple virus that would have a "normal" child on a spoonful of calpol had mine in hospital for a few days... absolute disaster.

Roll on covid (and then being that bit older) the lockdowns etc no sickness came into the house.

They started primary school then and school requested uniform change each day....so I'd put on fresh clothes each day when they came home, so basically two outfits a day.

The younger sibling then started creche following September, same guidelines fresh clothes each day....again I changed the clothes as soon as they got home......so between the two of them we're on 4 outfits a day.

However......neither of them have missed any time off school maybe the very odd day. Talking to the other creche mum's their kids have had constant runny noses etc. In and out of creche. Same with primary school class some of the kids have missed a fair few days. Out of both classes we were the last to get covid....which happened last summer at a summer camp when I let my guard down 😂.

So I don't know, I understand each kids immune system is different but when you think of it,kids wipe their noses in their sleeves, in their hands and then onto their trousers or their friends top.....so they are basically walking tissues.

I fully appreciate that amount of washing is no one's idea of fun....but either is sick children. Something to ponder anyway.

Just packing up to head home. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy Easter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Lovely weather, i got the grass cut 🙂, its seems such a achievement just cutting the grass with all the rain we have had, Happy Easter everyone.

I did the same, unboxed and used my new mower for the first time to finally cut my 4 foot lawn after 7 years of constant rain. 😁 (might be some hyperbole in there)

Also did some strimming, a lot of weeding and a bit of raking, and planted geraniums in my fancy new planter. I'm glad I have 3 recovery days after all that work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

On the other hand, mine wore 1 uniform and 1 school tracksuit each week, only washed at the weekend, and between 3 kids and so far a combined 31 years of school, the total days missed for school could probably be counted on my fingers. Even the one that got covid had it over a mid term break. I don't know why, but mine never get sick. Even when they started creche, everyone warned me but it never happened. I'm incredibly grateful for it, but does go to show that they're all very different. I'm not big into housework so maybe they just had no choice but to develop good antibodies 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Easter weekend 🐰🐰 Beautiful sunny day here but still a chill in the air

Advertisement