Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Congrats. Can I ask if you are you in batch 1 or have they moved onto batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TryingAsBestICan

I got an email today as well, I scored 98 after the stage II shortlisting.

The stage III booklet says you'll be sent the brief for the analysis exercise 7 days prior to your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 casementm

I guess batch 1, I scored 108 after shortlisting

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Born to Run

I passed the shortlisting but didn't get an email about interview yet. Did it say from what score they are interviewing now? I guess batch 1 has been split into three.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭res1

Im getting confused now :) Does that mean that after they look at the application and shortlist a new score is given to people?

• Advertisement

Yes, passing score for each of 4 competencies was 21, making the minimum passing score 84

• Registered Users Posts: 11 katie1920

you get it 6/7 days in advance of the submission date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

What number did you get originally before the shortlisting if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TryingAsBestICan

To give people an idea where PAS are now I was:

After stage 1 tests

After stage 2 shortlisting by application form, PAS took 114+ to interview

Got notice yesterday that I'm being called for interview this month

Did they say they were calling the rest of the batch for interview or for example, those who scored over 95 in the shortlisting? I was under that and hoping I haven't been missed.

• Advertisement

Thanks now I understand. So they are still going through the interviews for those that scored below the 114+ and anyone who got the minimum required 84.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maebuh

Does anyone know by when you need to submit your strategic analysis exercise and slides to the panel? I’m trying to work out how much time I’ll have to do it if they are sending it out seven days in advance of the interview date because I’ll be away for four of those days 😬

Usually has to be submitted 2-3 days before the interview. I was in the same position as you last year and I contacted PAS and they rescheduled my interview for 2 weeks later.

Best of luck to you all that are going through to next stage.

I have done a power point presentation for an AP comp before Im not sure if it is similar to this "strategic analysis exercise " however my advice is to google such presentations. if I recall they should be 3 mins per slide... don't over dwell on the actual slides itself it will consume your life ... time yourself and practice how you want to present it. Be prepared for interview questions that draw into it etc. For interview ..Prepare your STAR... Situation Task Action Result for all competencies for your interviews ..these can overlap and by the way you do not have to have different examples for each just make them stronger depending on the competencies. For those that are not familiar with this ..... Explain the Situation what was the actual situation and how you fitted into it or what you had to do to resolve the situation. What was the Task that you had to do. What Action did you take to deal with the task. What was the outcome/Result how was this measured for you ??? Did you get positive feedback from managers etc..did you achieve the results ?

I hope this will be useful information for you all that head into the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maebuh

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yourhealthwatcher

Hi guys,

Have any of the successful candidates from the first batch been contacted by PAS so far? 

Clearance seems to be taking a while...

Thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jeanne mac

Hi, does anyone know If PAS sent out the messages to those unsuccessful at shortlisting stage of this pool of batch 1 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JWMUI1985

Hi All, would have one know where I can find some examples of the strategic exercise? I having no luck on Google! Thanks in advance for your help.

You will be sent your strategic exercise prior to your interview - it is based on the Program for Government. You have to research the particular topic and prepare a 10 min presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 45clicksnorth

Hi, I'm not familiar with the process. Does anyone know when we might be offered posts after batch 1 results came out a few weeks ago? Trying to gauge when to give notice. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi. That will depend very much on where you are numbered on the panel and what county you chose. There is a lot of movement for AP's at the moment because of retirements particularly in Dublin. I could be wrong on this but I think they understand that people have to give notice so even if you are placed in a Dept. you will be able to say you have to work notice and your place will be kept. You should keep an eye here because sometimes when people are placed they let others know. Also you can contact Public Appointments directly and just ask what number on the panel are they at in relation to placements. Well done on getting through the entire nightmare obstacle course. :)

Has anyone in batch 1 Dublin got a clearance email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vinoveritas29

I heard they're up to 10 on the Open, didn't say where on the Inter, and that I could expect to be called in next 2 weeks - my number is more than 10 and less than 40 on the Open, and half that on the Inter, if that helps!

I'm in the top 5 and not been contacted yet.

Thanks for the advice, makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Thanks for the update, hoping to hear something this week myself - 10 on interD and 24 open for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Any update on the other counties being called for interviews? I have Kildare and Laois down and did quite well on the OOM so I'm expecting to be within the first batch called for interviews for those counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mutley23

Thanks for this, which was the competency that you were referring that you were asked specific questions on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Emyou11

Hi all, can I just check whether anyone from the 2022 panel has been called for clearance yet? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

I emailed PAS on the 11th of April and so far had called 12 from the open panel and 5 from the interdepartmental panel. No clue how many if any have been called since but on the 11th there were 4 ahead of me on the interD and I haven’t been called yet. It does feel quite slow this time round, I thought they might have called in small batches rather than individually.

Advertisement