Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd kind of assume this is just replacing All Out for this year considering the scheduling. Doubt they're doing this and then doubt a ppv a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,785 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If it is, they haven't told the roster....

Tony has struggled in the past to book 2 ppvs close together but I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If they really want to make a spash and actually achieve something they should aim for a sell out by pricing it like a soccer match. Kids, Juniors, Adults etc. The optics and PR of selling out wembley at a break/even or even a slight loss would be worth it.

Of course they won't and they'll have a mad shock when they realise that great ratings on ITV4 mean squat if the cheapest ticket is 80 quid.

Agree completely, Pack the place out with forty quid family tickets, tenner tickets to all local sports and community groups, Fiver tickets for Fulham season ticket holders. Your die hards will pay top dollar for the good seats and the upper tiers will be packed with sugar fueled kids rampaging who couldn't care less about the wrestling, but it'll look great on camera

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It would be a mistake to do two a week apart. Logistically it'd probably suck anyway but booking wise not sure how you manage that. They'd be better pushing All Out, if doing it, to early October and have a 6 week gap and then push Full Gear to December or even early January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They'll massage the numbers like WWE do but even 40/50k would be colossal and should look full if the stage is massive and they place people tactically.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,352 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm seeing The Weeknd in Wembley the weekend before and also MITB in July

Ideas in my head of flying over for the event and back the next day but its a bit to take on tbh financially, physically and mentally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thinking of it now, they'll do Stings retirement match there won't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That MJF segment was unreal and insane

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't say I know much about White, or even find much initially appealing about him, but I find the timing of his debut very coincidental, given how heavily he was being linked to WWE up to last week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

A sold out wembley would be amazing, sell the tickets for a reasonable price and make a statement. The photos and clips of a packed stadium can be used for years afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Standing beside an Englishman and they bring in an American to announce the details of the UK show. Could at least have brought in someone like Hayter or Saraya. She could've even used her usual "My house" line.

Does Tony have cue cards or something when he's doing these things. Was half expecting him to read word for word "good to have you here Nigel. place hand on back. I'm very excited..."

But it'll be interesting to see how they do. Hope it sells well.

Ricky was struggling to see who was coming out at the start, reflecting what everyone at home was doing due to getting the most zoomed out shot they could get.

Wow, delighted with the signing, thought he was 100% WWE bound.

I have to say I've been really enjoying AEW again post Revolution. I was really down on it from around October onwards but I've really enjoyed the shows in recent weeks.

Fair play to them booking Wembley but I just can't see them getting anywhere close to a sell out (hope I'm wrong). Craven cottage with around 30,000 - 35,000 would have been the perfect size imo. If they can get anywhere close to around 50,000 for Wembley I think it would be a win for them. You'd think with Vince back in WWE and the takeover that there will be cuts soon so wonder will anyone decent become available that could help sell tickets. Drew's contract is supposedly up this summer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Very tempted to pop over to London for this one. Booked accommodation on a free cancellation basis. Tickets won't be too hard to come by and flights shouldn't be too bad. We'll see. I'm overdue a trip to London.

I'm also really tempted too

I'm also really tempted too

Any recommendations for accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I booked a place in Camden. 15 mins or so on the tube then 10/15 mins walk to Wembley once you get off. I wouldn't know London all that well but it wasn't all that expensive (£220ish for two nights). If I can swing it I might take my holidays from work and travel on from London to France maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the latest All Access and noticed when Regal accompanied Bryan, his face was blurred out.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

Thought the Ass Boys v FTR match was very clunky, even the roll up finishes didn’t look smooth and there were several times in the match where things looked out of step.

The Gunns are raw and there may have been some ring rust with FTR which probably goes a long way to explain it but that certainly wasn’t another 5 star in the catalogue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Imagine the internet storm if Vince did that on a wwe 24.

Tempted to fly over the morning of the show

All depends on the ticket price for the event itself. £40-£50 for the upper tiers would be very fair

Pity flights to Heathrow are too expensive and unreliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

They must have some big matches planned if they are booking Wembley.

Yeah I was very surprised with the venue choice

If they don't take the piss with ticket prices then it could sell well

Who would of guessed it would be AEW doing the massive UK stadium show

• Registered Users Posts: 60,613 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Khan family are no strangers to Wembley they tried to buy it five years ago for a $1b and their main goal long term is to move the Jacksonville Jaguars franchise to London and have Wembley as the home of the team they have played a regular season NFL London game there every season bar one for the last ten years and will again this year.

Short haul flights British Airways Dublin-London can be cancelled out of the blue

Looking like Ryanair Dublin-Gatwick then train to central London-Wembley is the way to go about it if your looking for relatively cheap transport option

I've been flying Dublin-London via every airport multiple times a year for over a decade and have never had a flight cancelled out of the blue unless there were weather issues or a bird strike in one case. But that can happen on any flight.

Will almost certainly head over for this, don't really have the patience for wrestling fans any more but I can't see Tony not stacking the card to a ridiculous degree.

Suppose AEW don't have the part time attractions like WWE have with Brock, Stone Cold etc and more than likely they will bring all there "big guns" over

Never went to a non WWE wrestling show

I have my flights booked to Heathrow from Shannon

Will be staying in London Wembley Park Premier Inn

Cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Would they do Omega vs Ospreay 2 ??

Punk vs ???

• Advertisement

If punk is back it has to be Punk/FTR Vs the elite in a 6 man with Punk/Omega and FTR/Bucks at All out the next week.

If not Omega/Osprey 2 is the only logical choice.

Advertisement