Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna R214TC

Options
  • 04-10-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone..I'm just wondering if anyone on here has the husqvarna r214tc rider mower..very interested to hear opinions on them..I would be moving from a honda 2417 mower . I am changing from collecting to mulching down to lawn sizes and a mountain of grass clippings.
    I have a friend selling his 3 yr old one.. new prices are about 3700 euro .what kind of depreciation do mowers endure?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭blackbox

I have a 15v2 awd rider since 2008. Used for approx 3 acres hilly ground.

If your lawn is fairly level, you won't need awd.

I look after mine well - lift and wash deck after each use and it is almost like new.

It goes through a belt or two every couple of years.

Cuts well, plenty of power even for long grass, but leaves it a bit messy if left too long or wet.

I sharpen blades without removing them - quite handy.

Have had two gearbox issues. First one may have been due to towing heavy trailer. Second one was collapsed bearing (currently waiting for replacement part).

It's very hard to find someone to repair gearboxes, but they're not rocket science.

Overall pretty pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

blackbox wrote: »
    I have a 15v2 awd rider since 2008. Used for approx 3 acres hilly ground.

If your lawn is fairly level, you won't need awd.

I look after mine well - lift and wash deck after each use and it is almost like new.

It goes through a belt or two every couple of years.

Cuts well, plenty of power even for long grass, but leaves it a bit messy if left too long or wet.

I sharpen blades without removing them - quite handy.

Have had two gearbox issues. First one may have been due to towing heavy trailer. Second one was collapsed bearing (currently waiting for replacement part).

It's very hard to find someone to repair gearboxes, but they're not rocket science.

Overall pretty pleased with it.

Appreciate the reply.. yes ground very flat and well maintained..there is an area of rough grass/clumps I would like to take down a bit

The access to under the deck appeals hugely to me as I would like to clean regularly.

During cutting season the lawns(about an acre) are cut religiously every week so grass wont be too long

Are they a comfortable ride as the honda is nice to drive?

Easy lifting of deck for cleaning is great. My previous mower's deck rusted away because it was so troublesome to remove for cleaning.

I can't advise on relative comfort as I haven't driven a Honda. I suggest you test drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Bought one last year after years of collecting grass.
    Best thing I ever did, it’s a lovely mower to ride and the mulching is great. I cut my half acre twice a week during the summer so no real issues with clippings left on the grass.
    As mentioned previously access to cleaning the deck takes about a minute.
    I clean mine after every use.
    It’s a great mower that would almost turn on a sixpence and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

Lads thanks a million for the replies..much appreciated..yeah mulching is a big appeal for me..I have the plug for the honda but never used it.someone said to me before that you really need the third blade to chop the grass down to size which the husqvarna does..
    Good to hear it's a nice ride.. it makes all the difference!

• Advertisement

Have you considered a robot?

blackbox wrote: »
    Have you considered a robot?

I have but it's not for me..i love going out to cut the grass..headphones on with music or podcast..it my escape for an hour or two from the missus and kids! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hi guys looking for advice? I currently cut my 3000m2 lawn with john Deere lr135 but the box is a pain as keeps opening. Anyways cannot make my mind up as to go for a robot or front deck and not collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mashed13

I was hoping to revive the discussion, have about one acre and considering front deck husqvarna r214tc, any more opinions on them?

Hi.

I have one.. Great machine. I have over an acre to cut I find it much quicker than when I was collecting. Great manoeuvrability also

• Advertisement
Advertisement