Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Insurers will insure a 07- Toyota Auris?? running into problems getting cover...

• 06-04-2023 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi All...

Am using a local broker to see what the Insurance cost would be for an 07-Auris diesel that my 26yr od Son is thinking of buying as his first car.

broker says he has searched them all... and all advise that 'the car is too old' ..to be insured.!!!!!!

So.... Anyine got any advice on who I could try???

Many thanks for teh kelp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

Unfortunately insurance companies have seen a series of incidents where old cars recently insured have then been involved in "accidents" where large personal injuries are then claimed. Hence their reluctance.

Since you are already using a broker you are low in options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Insurance is a farce, I've a 07 car but have owned it for a number of years and despite full no claims bonus my premiums for TPFT are outright ridiculous from a number of insurers ie €1k+ and the likes of Aviva have refused to give me a quote for years ever since the car turned the ripe old age of 10.

The only insurers who are in any way competitive in my case are FBD and 123 so try those. This year's premium for reference was €500 from FBD which was negotiated down from their renewal quote of €609 over the phone, premium was for TPFT plus additional options of bonus protection and breakdown assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Try KennCo Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭harmless

I tried to get a quote and their website and they said they will not quote cars over 15 years old. It didn't even say to ring them, just flat out no quotes on older cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Advertisement

Weird, this is what I get when I try to enter my 97 car.

Is it a mistake and they mean over 25 years old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

...same here.

Hoping for a phone call back to say something like...'we'll get you sorted"...!!! Wont hold my breath

The only quote I can get is a renewal quote from axa, they would not insure me if I was a new customer. It's been a long time(2016 I think) since I could shop around for quotes on my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There's a process with insurance companies where when you get 3 refusals they force the 1st company to quote you.

Also try getting fully comp quotes. Checking for my Mother's 2004 car a few years ago and a 3rd party only quote was nearly €2k, fully comp was less than €500 from same company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

06 Yaris new to me last year. GetSetGo (underwriters AIG), around €400. Switched to the Yaris on my old An Post-brokered policy (Allianz, I think) before moving when the An Post renewal was uncompetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

I know plenty of people getting new policies on 04/05/06 Toyota Yaris etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Makes no sense, Aviva that is. I've heard of a few people get moderate quotes from Aviva this year so prior to renewal I tried them again. Still wouldn't give me a quote so tried the exact same details with car make, model, engine size etc but on a 2014 reg and they quoted me of €480. Not brilliant but better than I could get elsewhere. Not like I'm driving a high performance sports car either, it's a Volvo S60 2.0 petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

Try AXA. I'm driving a 08 focus with them. 350 euro last year, up for renewal shortly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

insurance forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Give Quote Devil a call.

I'm through Zurich with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a specific insurance section and an old daily section. Try here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

That thread is so old you'd struggle to get insurance on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Have a 99 Toyota insured with BOI, fully comp for around 500 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭nedkelly123

my renewal came in on my 2002 car last week from 123.ie its at 420€ on an agreed valuation of 37k

it was 1100 3 years ago ..

try 123.ie they have been great for me

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

My daughter recently insured an 07 1.4 Auris petrol with Axa.

She is 20, first car, full licence since February and no history of named driving.

Fully comp with my wife as a named, she also has her own car. Total was circa €1400.

My own 06 A4 is with Aviva, been with them about 3 years ( moved to them when my daughter was doing the driving school). Most recent premium was about €430

In my experience it's cheaper to get fully comp in older cars, plus having a family member with their own car as a named driver can also reduce the premium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement