Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Blut2

I'm talking about whole house BER upgrades because that was what I initially posted about. You're the one trying to break it down further to move the goal posts. But sure, lets even go with your solar example. Average costs for a 3bed semi-d in Ireland *after* the SEAI grant are almost 6000euro[1]. That is completely out of the reach of the majority of struggling households in this country. They're not getting "low interest loans" in April 2023 for house renovations from any bank, if they were even capable of accessing credit in the first place.

And thats not just my subjective opinion, the reality of this situation been proven in the real world with uptake of BER renovations far below the government goals, as stated.

It would require very little creative thinking for the government to offer low interest loans to help households with this. Student loan programmes exist on wide scale like this in many countries, with similar long term goals to improve society while helping poorer people by providing access to credit. But the Greens here have never so much as suggested this, because, again, their goal very clearly isn't to care about anyone who isn't upper middle class and urban. Unfortunately.

You asked how the Greens are costing Irish people money, I gave evidence of them single handedly costing every Irish household 400-1500eur of their net income this year alone. The facts are very clear on the damage they're doing to the many struggling Irish people out there. And again, this isn't just my opinion - this is being reflected very clearly in their minuscule support level here at a time when Green parties are surging across Europe.

[1]https://www.purevolt.ie/domestic-solar/solar-panels-cost-and-returns.php

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

A whole house can be done bit by bit by bit by bit….you only want to talk about retrofit because you think firing out big numbers is going to get a reaction. If you don’t understand that majority of ireland will never retrofit in one big bang and instead do it over a number of years then it’s a pointless discussion because you don’t have the facts

So still, any yes/no on the carbon tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Nope, you brought up the Greenways as a major Green achievement since 2020. I casually mentioned the Galway one and the long delays. I don't blame the Greens for that at all. I have actually voted Green as a preference in the past. But let's park the Galway Greenway, it is small stuff and won't fix the Climate crisis. You're wriggling like a fish on a hook now and avoiding the questions I asked. You know, the big ones - the impactful ones. So parking the Galway Greenway can you please answer the following...

What have the Greens achieved since 2020? Specifically their high profile high impact plans around (a) Retrofits and (b) Emissions.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You see it's all the small stuff that add's up.

You brought up the Greenway in Galway so its on your mind. Maybe vote for some politicians that can bring the Greenway to Galway.

You asked for thing the Greens have done, I gave them. Just because you don't rate them means nothing to me or I expect anyone in the Green Party. Everyone is a critic as they say

By the way the "I voted for the Green party" 😂 why would you vote for a party you so clearly hate. You shoudl really value the power you have in your vote more carefully

So you're not going to answer the questions. At least admit that. Your dishonest posting style makes you look very silly.

• Advertisement

Dishonest 😂

You posted a question desperate for a fight online, shown by the spoofers comment. When someone answers you don't accept it and go of on the tangent you already wanted

I answered the question, if you can't accept it that is not my problem at all. Now Im sure you will be able to find someone else online to fight with today.

Yes, dishonest BA. Run away if you wish. I know you are afraid of facts.

The questions are simple. This might help jog your memory.

(a) Retrofits "Plan"

Scheme branded a 'failure' with just 89 homes retrofitted out of target of 62,500 (irishexaminer.com)

The Government’s marquee retrofitting scheme “has utterly failed”, with just 89 homes in the entire country completed out of a “pie in the sky” target of 500,000 homes.

Despite a need to retrofit 62,500 homes this year to remain on target, just 681 homes have so far been approved, it can be revealed.

(b) Emissions Targets

Ireland had highest increase in greenhouse gases in EU (irishexaminer.com)

Ireland had the highest increase in greenhouse gas pollution across the EU in the third quarter of last year compared to the same period the year before.

Ireland had highest EU greenhouse gas emissions per capita in Q2 last year – new report - Independent.ie

Ireland had highest EU greenhouse gas emissions per capita in Q2 last year – new report

Ireland's emissions continue to rise despite hitting 79% of climate targets (irishexaminer.com)

Ireland's emissions continue to rise despite hitting 79% of climate targets.

---------------

So the answer to the question "What have the Greens achieved since 2020?" is....SFA

But but cycle lanes...

For those that have not seen. VAT removed from Solar panel installation and equipment. With lots of people looking to install solar this is a welcome reduction along with the announcement of FiT last year. The SEAI grant is still available as well.

The advice as always is get 3 quotes and plenty of valuable information available on some solar facebook groups!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Excellent points You raise.

Another thing about the greens that bugs me: every day we are bombarded by ads about the war in Ukraine starvation in East Africa ( I think it’s a GOAL ad ). Yet here we are being told there are too many cattle, that a number must be slaughtered. This just doesn’t m make sense. Yes the slaughtered cattle can be shipped out to EA, but then there is a vacuum needing to be filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

And all the suppliers will do is add on the price

of the vat gradually over a period of time.consumer still ripped off.

• Advertisement

Maybe some companies will but as I pointed out the advice is available online for people if they are buying Solar and what prices should be at etc. Also a number of threads on boards.

Price around as I said

Interesting perspective on the green ‘tide’.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-gHWcrCK7w&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnFearCeart

You do realise that the costs, even after VAT is removed is still prohibitive to many family homes across Ireland who are living paycheque to paycheque.

That "stunt" is like saying to the vast majority of people - that €1 million solution is now just a mere €770k instead!

What needs to happen is that all suitable houses be mandated to have panels installed - at zero cost. The ESB finances the panel and the install and then the cost of which is recouped from the bi-monthly bills remaining at levels if all electricity was consumed from the grid. When the panel and the install is fully paid for (via feed in credits) electricity costs drop for the customer who had panels installed.

The ESB is a semi-state and can operate a project like this.

All other "schemes" are total b0ll0x.

If the above scheme was implemented there'd be massive uptake.

You'd probably need to pass on some savings instantly from the solar panels to residents to encourage them to engage in the scheme - say 10-20% off their bills, the rest of the savings going towards paying for the panels. That aside, thats exactly the sort of effective, progressive, policy a competent/caring Green party would implement alright. Which means our Greens won't go anywhere near it.

Given their policy preferences to date we're more likely to see them bring in a policy here where every home that doesn't have solar panels has to pay a new special yearly tax. Anything to screw the working and middle classes yet again.

I find Your last paragraph very pertinent. I only hope the Greens are obliterated come the next election.

Post edited by WishUWereHere on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

FG down 8 to 15% in the latest B&A/Sunday Times poll. SF +5 to 37% and FF +1 to 21%.

Regards...jmcc

FYI the uptake at the moment is only been held back because suppliers don't have enough installation people and the supply of solar panels etc has been restricted since covid.

At the moment the biggest delay is getting a contractor to install as they are already blocked out for months.

Companies have all sorts of packages available to install solar panels. One company for instance has a model which is like 50 euro per month over the next X years depending on your installation. So the energy saving you make should pay for the solar over the term and with a lifespan of 20-25 years after the loan is paid off you are then just saving.

It seems on this thread some posters just want to dismiss every option put forward by the government. The lack of knowledge on topics is astounding. Best to leave it at that.

FYI a suggestion for both poster, as I already pointed to two huge sources of information it might be worth checking them out. You might actually find some very useful information

Thanks jmcc

I just saw this on VM paper review. I think we can safely assume now that the eviction decision is seriously having a detrimental effect on this government, particularly FG.

Also if these trends persist, come the next election, SF won’t need either of FF or FG to form a government, which I think is unprecedented times.

Wow that's amazing. What was the margin of error?

FYI

Green Party +1

Based on the poll something seems to have gone wrong :-) Quelle surprise

It would seem SF have just eaten their great left alliance.

• Advertisement

I don't know how FF went up a point but I think people have realised that the Housing for All Plan is all talk with no political will especially from FG ministers and Leo. All the signs are there - LDA is a joke (FG setup), Underspend on the budget, No reform of planning laws (FG task since New Politics) and ABP completely under-resourced, No focus on training more construction workers (FG task - Simon too busy with shiny Justice trinkets).

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnFearCeart

FYI the uptake at the moment is only been held back because suppliers don't have enough installation people and the supply of solar panels etc has been restricted since covid.

At the moment the biggest delay is getting a contractor to install as they are already blocked out for months.

Shortage of installers is only part of the story. The major hurdle is the cost, even after grants. The vast majority of families are experiencing a cost of living crisis which means they have no buffer funds to afford panels. These families are being put to the sword by green policies such as carbon taxes which not only exacerbate the cost of living crisis but actually remove the ability to save up money for home improvements.

Wow, this the same Green Party that’s predicted to have no seats come the next election?

Did you even look at the image you posted?

Green Party Current Seats: 11

Green Party Predicted Seats: 0

Expected change: -11

😂

Looks like the public agrees about the Greens and their taxes...

Save up money? How the hell can anyone save money in this excuse of a country? Try to save and the vultures ( revenue etc. ) hover overhead.

"the vast majority" anything to back this up?

Is €29.50 or €49.50 a "major hurdle". Especially when you consider they get paid for excess electricity they don't use.

Plenty more companies offering similar via finance plans.

FG is in real trouble on these %s as it will struggle to get 10 seats in the next GE if that 15% plays out in reality. It was always going to have an effect but it seems that the people who get up early have decided to leave FG.

Regards...jmcc

Probably around 3.3% but B&A has been known to come up with some rogue polls before. Its methodology is face to face polling rather than online polling so people may be embarrassed to admit to supporting FG.The RedC poll is next and it is always hard on FF because of its methodology. If FG joins FF around 15% in that then things will get very difficult for the stability of the government. Labour has absolutely failed to gain from its Doctor Evil "1 million houses" effort and the SocDems % has held. Looks like another Varadkar "success" for FG.

Regards...jmcc

I included the Green +q because the other poster had forgot the Green result

Im still waiting for you and other to provide these taxes. Going on days now.

As I posted a few issues with the poll and gave the chart, maybe look again and you might be able to work out what those issues are

• Advertisement

So you are saying nobody in ireland is able to save? Or buy solar panels?

Bit of a sweeping statement, anything to back it up?

In regards to the so called culture funds, would you have a percentage of the amount of houses they are buying up? Thanks

Advertisement