Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

FUT Birthday is very meh. I sold WC Marquinhos for 615k in preparation for the new one but they are basically the same card other than weak foot upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah it’s been crap for a few years now. Fit Griezemann from fifa20 will never be beaten, but in fairness to EA they can’t win. They’ve gone with different cards to the regular ones which everyone moaned about the same cards and when they mix it up people still give out. Some of the ratings are crap though.

on the icon pick my luck continues

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I haven't used a single new promo card since TOTY.

Barely played tbh.

Yeah gameplay just sucks..it’s by far the worst fifa ever..even with my super team it’s an utter chore.

to me fifa18 and fifa19 were my favourite by far.nothing came close to those.

Yea not enjoying it, it's hard work. Defenders are doing stupid things because the power curve on attackers has been so great. Even high rated defenders will completely ignore runs etc.

I am sick of being glitched by Mbappe cards etc.

• Advertisement

A 5 skill Shearer..I know it’s 20 tokens but have to do it as a Newcastle fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Grinded the icon pick pack tonight there, I had little high rated fodder due to lack of playing, and got a choice of 89 Crespo, 90 Xavi and 91 Starfish Gerrard. Not happy one bit I must say lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah lads, I’m not sure if he’ll replace Crouch or not….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only 83 heading, he’s certainly no Weghorst.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

So facing invisible teams is a thing? Hacking? Happened to me twice today. I just quit out and reported them. People are seriously pathetic to be bothered cheating in FIFA.

Yep invisible teams and playing against the legendary AI are 2 common hacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Yeah surprised I hadn't come across this until today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They couldn't be more transparent with this shít.

New Vini Jr card in packs, here's the upgrade when compared to his PTG card:

New Nkunku SBC, here's the upgrade downgrade when compared to his PTG card:

Got my FUT Shearer and omg he's an utter monster. 20 tokens was so well worth it. Ginola is on the bench the donkey :).

Engine chem means he really turns and the 5* skills make him unbeatable.

Also got my first fb icon from one of the untradeable store packs. Unfortunately it was Veron..but he does feel miles better than his prime. Far more agile and faster.

is the invisible teams thing only on PC? Turned off cross play in week one, so never have had it.

also, if people need fodder, the Lineker SBC is about 50k, which is well cheaper than the cheapest 90. It’s a bronze, silver, 81 and 84 squad, so chances are you can do it for cheap fodder too.

Icon Pick pays out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did one of those the last day and Mid Butra was the best of the bunch, can’t even make my bench.

Was going to do another but I cleaned my club out for that Kante SBC. He’s been fantastic this weekend, and I’ve noticed a couple of games where the opponent won’t pass the ball anywhere near him because he’d intercept passes he’d have no right getting to.

Would strongly recommend him.

I’m tempted to do him alright although I’m holding out for a Trent CM card. I have Yaya. Vieiera, Zidane, Marchisio, Veron and Pirlo for my midfield.

• Advertisement

If you haven’t tried it play the 3421 formation with the tactics in NealGuides.

it’s crazy op at the moment. So fluid and fast attacking. I use Cafu at RM worth Capevilla at left CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anything worth grinding/focusing on at the moment?

Haven't played in a while but went back today for a few hours and enjoyed it.

I had dropped to division 6 and won 12 of my first 15 games. I'm going to start pushing up through the divisions again but I'm wondering if there's anything else worth putting the time into?

Couldn't believe the like of Al-Owarian, Lucio and Sanches are worth pretty much the same as they were at Christmas. The power curve seemed to be way too early this year and they appear to have slowed it down for the last few months?

Current team in-game is below. 4-2-2-2 with everyone on full chem. Gold Courtois and Mendy are still more than holding there own even this far into the game cycle, Neymar feels a bit outdated. I've got about 500k in the bank.

Same, went down to Div6 but have gone straight back up to Div4 now.

Team is currently:

I play 4321 in game with Di Maria and Gomez as the CAMs. Only bought Gomez yesterday, very fun card! I tried Al Owairan but didn't like him at all, he felt really clunky. Tried Griezmann, he was decent but I couldn't get on with his work rates. Tried WC Figo and he felt really clunky too. Gomez with the small and lean body type as well as the high agility just feels great on the ball.

Finally upgraded my base Zambrotta to his prime.

Know where my fodder is going this week….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I think he's actually 93 rated, only a CM though :( Good value admittedly.

keane’s card were always highly underrated. Loved his prime back in fifa 19.

Got Klose and Carlos from my WL packs. Still a mill to play around with. Have mid Maldini but his prime is a nice boost over the mid so might go for that.

Had to spend 40k to do Keane, but packed Ljunberg in the process so turned a profit, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really is nonsense that you can place a 97 Interceptions player directly in a passing lane and have him just stumble and get nutmegged while you've done everything right

Really makes any amount of manual defending feel pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Played my first WL since before Christmas, last night.

Had an awful start and was 2-7 at one point. The casual player base are clearly long gone at this point and it's just us maniacs left playing! 😂

I was an 11 win player every week when I was playing consistently before Christmas and the ELO must have eventually kicked in as I went 9-2 in my last 11 games to clinch the 11-9 on my last game.

TOTW pack was 3 discards, same with the reds, some high rated fodder from the other packs but in one of the 84+ player picks I had a choice between gold Mbappe and the new Trophy Titans Casillas! I have Mbappe's TOTW untradable already so had to take the 93 Casillas for the fodder which is madness considering Mbappe is still 500k! 🙈

This year I've packed Mbappe gold, Mbappe TOTW, Neymar gold (at the start of October) and Neymar TOTW (tradeable for 1.2m at the time).

Everyone seems to be running a 4-3-2-1 these days but I can't seem to get to grips with it at all and still play 4-2-2-2.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads now as I have about 700k in the bank but still have gold Courtois, Mendy and Neymar in my side but they are still fine and any upgrades would cost stupid money relative to the improvement.

I think I'll keep stocking up the coins and fodder ahead of TOTS.

Anything worth investing it at the moment? I feel a bit out of the loop with investments at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That icon gamble SBC is the first I’ve done in a while… too hard to turn down at that price. Got 91 Scholes ffs. All icons I seem to pack are all Utd icons, which as a Liverpool fan, is frustrating!

Advertisement