Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Did actually drive one of these. Lovely looking car and much smoother on the road than the Tesla. My interactions were limited but did get the sense customer service would be more like what we’d all be use to than the farce that is Tesla

Shame the dual motor is just a few hundred above grant.

I did find the back seats and boot of the car to be surprisingly tight on space. Im 6’2 and I wouldn’t fancy a long journey in the back. I had to take my driver out of the golf bag to fit it in - not sure how much space would be left after a buggy for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

So update on my MY RWD...i changed the colour from the Silver to Blue...in 3 mins I got a VIN :)

Delivery Date now changed to Apr 25 - May 10

What the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

I’m deeply frustrated about no movement on M3 orders, seems Tesla only wants to sell MY in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

You’re just being matched to what’s on the ways. The latest WuWa video shows mostly Blue and Grey MYs ….mostly on the blue side.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I have two small kids and a large buggy and it's been okay. The boot is pretty big but not huge. Its not as practical as a Model Y but unless you are dealing with three car seats in the back I think it's perfect. Initially, I did think it felt cramped inside on the test drive but I honestly think the large central console gives the illusion of less space. The test drive cars are older too and a new car just looks and feels more special. I think if you are a two child family and maybe over the stage of lugging around their entire life in the boot it's a great option. I've had a few EVs so I'm not as concerned about range. I find I charge the Polestar more than our second car with a bigger battery but you'd be hard pushed to need a public charger with the standard range version if you do normal milage per week. I commute about 160km per day in it and use less than half of the battery range on a cold day. As I mentioned above, Polestar were excellent to deal with. I was really impressed with them and they let you drive the car as much as you want before purchasing. I got my car in 12 days and even the finance company they work with were so helpful and the guy Jonathan I was dealing with could be reached on his mobile. He didn't mess me about and sent me countless offers before we agreed on one I was happy with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

Ya i do have a slight pref for the Grey/Silver but the Blue is also cool too. So i may stick with the Blue as I reckon Silver/Grey would be a few months yet before a match

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Good morning all! Happy Easter!

I got a mail this morning asking me to prioritise delivery by completing the next steps of registration (e.g. uploading driving license and proof of insurance). That's odd to me. I won't be able to get proof of insurance until I get a license plate number, surely? They're putting the cart before the horse here, no?

I assume I won't get a VIN until I've paid the balance, but without the proof of insurance how do I get to the payments stage on the site?

Mine's a MY RWD W/B, by the way.

I only ordered it last Tuesday so I'm not expecting it anytime soon - Conan(?) in the shop suggested mid to late May.

By the way, any suggestions for competitive insurance quotes? I got €533 from 123.ie, €470 from Allianz and FBD & Bonkers wouldn't quote me online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

Try Aviva for insurance. You will probably have to phone them. I got for €340 for my Model 3, but we have been with them for a good few years with cars and other insurances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Flying Gerbil

And mine. Ordered MY RWD in November and changed to LR Standard Black on Black on price drop on 14th Jan. Have had numerous changes to EDD and now can't see my Order Agreement either. It is really bad form if others who ordered the same car in Feb are getting theirs first. Loan approval is about to expire for the 2nd time so I'll have to jump through those hoops again to have it ready just in case. Booked ferry to Spain for road trip in the new car at the end of June and will be really disappointed if I have to take the old diesel. 1st world problems I know but as someone said on here a few weeks back "It's never been so hard to spend €55k!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

I ordered last Tuesday and got a VIN without paying the balance. I initially had the same car as yours reserved but then changed colour and was assigned a VIN straight away. MY RWD W/B seems like a popular choice and you might be waiting a while for it. Once you have a VIN you'll see the payment info in your account.

I think the request for insurance is for other countries and not Ireland. I've uploaded my licence and will pay the balance once I get a collection slot booked in.

I got the best quote from The AA which was for just under €400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Obviously the next boat is full of Blue RWD Model Y’s even though the majority of unfulfilled January order are for grant qualifying LR Model Y’s in Black or White. They really seem to be clueless in terms of ordering/delivering cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Maybe they over manufactured Blue MYs back in Jan and decided to pawn them all off on our market

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I really like them to be honest. I just think the pricing for the performance is quite dull.

It’s hard to go from a Performance Tesla to any of them but even for those with a standard 300bhp RWD it’s a big step down to the likes of the ID4,i5, P2 etc with less than 200bhp.

I also understand that’s not top of everyone’s agendas hence great to have the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Have Tesla dropped their prices again in Ireland over the last few days? I noticed the Model Y is now closer to 46k. It's just shows how much of a markup other manufacturers are making on their cars.

A model 3 is now cheaper than a middle of the range Audi A3.

Ignore the insurance request. It’s not required in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Tesla pricing is very misleading. The Model 3 is listed as 44,900 but is actually 43,558. Adding paint or white interior although listed as 1,200 actually costs 1,936 more! Model Y is listed as 46,900 but is actually 46,521!

It's all down to VRT and how it is calculated on EV's with an OMSP between about 44,000 and 50,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Pricing has not changed over recent weeks . You just need to look at the breakdown and components as the price that you see against each model is the price before VRT and the SEAI grant ...one positive and one negative

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Try An Post Insurance, got a quote < 500€ from them

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

I am thinking to place another RWD order since my Jan order is not matched yet (might be in Q2 shipment from China) just in case.. any other ready configs other than popular blue/black ?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ttowner

Regarding insurance, does the MY come with an alarm and or immobiliser? Just thinking ahead for all the questions the insurers ask. Hopefully I'll be asked them this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 el capitan

If anyone needs a referral feel free to use mine.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and get free credits you can redeem for awards like Supercharging miles, merchandise and accessories. https://ts.la/damien322529

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think there were many white/white on fire sale so this should get a VIN assigned quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster! 😁

I'm looking to order a MY but stuck between LR Vs RWD.

Basically, only LR is white/black as I don't want to lose the grant.

So was thinking RWD is enough for me as I could get it in a blue.

But it's the range I'm wondering about. I'm up to date with the LFP pros/cons and it stands to my reasoning that for most days the range is the same as LR because the LR battery should only be charged to 80% or so (though of course you can charge more for those one off trips) Vs the 100% of the LFP (on paper at least).

This is my thinking. But am I right in the range thinking?

Does anyone who has a LR and RWD (or moved from one to the other) have a different take? What is the real world range in Ireland of the RWD Vs LR?

I have 2 small kids so even on long trips I'm stopping every 2-3 hours or so anyways for the next few years.

The extra acceleration is nice, but is it worth the 7.5k extra or so? 🤔

Just hate to miss a trick by not going LR.

Thanks

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

The RWD has more than enough range, it's so efficient and easy to drive, you'll not be disappointed. If you go for Blue/Black, you'll probably get a vin assigned quickly too.

Don't forget the referral link, change the country to Ireland and it'll be obvious then. 😉

Both are good choices. It really depends on what your preference for performance and handling with the AWD is.

Can you go test drive each first to see if it helps?

and as RX says above, make sure you you use a referral code for some store credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

My Model 3 has an alarm, so Y almost certainly also has. Presume all cars have immobiliser, you can also set up Teslas with security code pin to drive.

I had an LFP rear wheel drive Model 3 (same battery config as the Model Y RWD). In my experience it had a range of 400km at 100km/h, 300km at 120km/h. A Model Y RWD should get about 90% of those figures above.

• Advertisement

@rx8 curious do you have a RWD Model Y? I’m still torn on a LR v RWD myself.

Post edited by Nedved85 on

Advertisement