Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭mobydopy

What a save , what a miss !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Konate tried to chest it in but it just gave Ramsdale a chance to stop it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,113 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just had to swing a leg at that and it was a goal.

Salvaged some pride I guess. After an abysmal first 30 minutes we probably should have won the game in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So that was a free kick against Salah when he was fouled more than that and nothing was given lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Anything other than konate tried too do and its a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wouldn't have thought I'd be saying this at half time but..

2 points dropped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Tell you what lads, I've missed games that make me feel all the emotions.

Kick it. Head it. And Konate scores there. Tried to chest it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

It's a nothing season but that was entertaining at least, delighted for Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Not that it east, but 4th place well and truly done now. Should have won. Literally no idea what Konate was thinking. Frustrating, so many chance and players playing so poorly and we can still draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Despite an atrocious 30 minutes, we should've won.

Arsenal will drop more points on the run of fixtures they have. Its City's league. Arsenal are just too fragile. You can see it.

Thiago doesn't have to even be sensational and he changes everything - telling people to spread out and move into proper positions. General.

Firmino changed things purely by the fact he was so elusive and unpredictable off the ball. We'll miss him.

No coincidence that Salah and Trent looked so much more threatening with those 2 on the pitch.

Encouraging stuff in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Strange to say after watching the first 30 mins but we should have won that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here guys. What a fantastic game. Yiz bossed the second half but we didn't crumble like the Arsenal of old.

• Advertisement

Thiago was an immediate upgrade to the midfield.

We can't rely on him to stay fit but even his cameo today shows how much better we can be and how desperate we are for midfield upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Expected goals for Liverpool was 4, dam,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

As good a 60 mins as we've had all season,we should have won really.

A bit of fiestyness is what we've been missing and in fairness it was trent who got all that going and it got the players and anfield up for a fight,and when your not as technically good as your opposition fight goes along way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Done us proud in the end.

Some excellent balls put in by Trent.

As a whole we're still way off the pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'll feel for Arsenal if they don't win it from here.

Even if they win every game bar an expected loss at the Ethiad then City win it though. It's really borderline impossible trying to stop the machine.

For us? Not alot changes, wish Bobby was staying, Thiago obviously has to stay. We should make sure we get who we need to get to make Trent work.

No Europa conference next year please.

No sympathy. I might be wrong in the end, but they're not quite good enough at the back i think. I've said it all season. We should've hit them for 4 or 5, and we've generally been poor.

Also, did anyone have sympathy for us against the wall of money? Not in the slightest.

Better City win it in a soulless manner if we can't compete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Thiago and Firmino are like silk. Just a joy to watch. Things just can't stay fit though.

Looking at Firmino and what he offers can't help but scratch my head at what we are aiming for with Gakpo and Nunez.

Firmino would be bit-part. He is frustrating as a starter, no matter our emotions about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bobby was a slow burn when he arrived first too. Give Darwin time.

A great game in the end, its a shame we didn't win. Genuinely astonished we came back from 2 down. So used to seeing us capitulate all season. Fair play to the lads for showing some spirit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Give Darwin time

I don't believe in that approach. I think it's best to write them off from day one. Name me one player who took a season to settle in properly? If they haven't fulfilled their full potential in the space of 9 months, it's out the door. It's only fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Such wit. We are blessed to have you posting here.

Darwin doesn't have the brains to be a success, all power and speed,not once when running in on goal did he look up just head down shoot and hope for the best,no smarts or composure and you can't teach that

More premier league goals than Darwin.

Wouldn't be a bit part player ad things stand. Wouldn't be playing anyone but Mo over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kane: Tottenham

Modric: Real Madrid

Henderson: Liverpool

These are players now gone but Pires and Drogba had bad 1st seasons

• Advertisement

I wonder if he has the brains to construct sentences properly.

He had the brains to set Konate up for an easy winner

We should hire someone to wear the opposing teams jersey and kick Trent up the arse before every game, lad had a point to prove after the xhaka clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Bobby was the main difference maker for me. His ability to operate between the Arsenal lines, drop in to space to receive the ball is something we were badly missing. He provides that link that we are missing most games. Not sure if we have another forward that has similar skillset to Bobby. He has that composure when receiving the ball back to goal and intelligent movement I just don't see with our other options.

Also Salah being pulled down in the box with no call, only to have a free kick given against him a minute later for barely standing bumping Tierney is a perfect showcase of how refs have treated him since he's been in England.

Also, Konate is beyond freakish.

Covered his side, plus RB, on his own most of the second half, as Trent got rinsed. A truly unique talent who we'd better not waste or not back with a proper midfield in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I enjoyed that.

Actually looked like they gave a **** in the second half.

Really should have won the match in the end.

Don't think the win would have made any difference for us either way but I'm delighted we could fcuk up Arsenal's chances. A City title is essentially meaningless. Even their own fans know this deep down.

• Advertisement

We're looking at him with rose tinted glasses. He's been awful and ineffective in plenty of games. If he were a starter moving forward, we're truly fúcked.

It's terrifying how big he actually is in real life. Then you see him move.

Same with mane, lots of people saying he's a devastating loss, the team collapsed without him. He was putrid before the African cup last season, and barely decent after.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No.

Mane was world class nearly all of his time at Liverpool.

It's more like brown tinted glasses to think anything else when looking back tbh.

Nonsense tbf.

You are saying truly fucked at the suggestion of a proven performer starting yet somehow see a less fucked position with players who have never really done it (Gakpo and Nunez) as the starters moving forward.

Is that that just hope? The statistics and performances certainly wouldn't bear out the projection we'd be any better off with those up front next season over Firmino.

Edit: and let's be fair, "awful and ineffective in plenty of games" - who springs to mind this season when we are talking about our forward line?

Ball never came to Konate, ball dropped well short of him and bounced, he was then trying to gather that bouncing ball with chest to steer it in. Did well to get his chest on it.

• Advertisement

BBC going with

''Robertson could be in trouble when the incident is investigated .Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic is currently serving an eight-game ban for pushing referee Chris Kavanagh in their FA Cup loss at Manchester United on 19 March.''

So an eight game ban incoming for getting elbowed in the face. He never touched the linesman, not even close. Footballers since the beginning of time go to officials at HT to air their grievances , and none of them got an elbow to the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If Arsenal put in a 90+ point season, I don't begrudge them a title. They're facing the same financially doped machine we did and deserve something for their incredible run. As far as I know, they did it organically like we did, using their earnings and buying quality where needed. I don't understand anyone who thinks otherwise?

We can go with the better for city to win cos then it doesn't count argument alright but the league needs evidence the machine can be broken using means other than oil Barrons.

I hope to God Arsenal can close this out. They need to be perfect though because City will almost certainly beat them at the Ethiad.

I'll bet money the linesman claims racist abuse.

Are you an English professor or something bud?? If not keep your smart comments to yourself like a good lad

• Advertisement
Advertisement