Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Plus the Steam Deck can also stream Xbox Cloud games via the web browser in desktop mode if you are a GPU subscriber.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steam Deck can also play Switch games, has all the bases covered. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

The Logitech G Cloud sounds like a hard sell against a Steam Deck which can stream everything, play new and old PC games and emulate everything up to PS3 and Switch (just about). I'd be surprised if there was a market for Sony to release their own device.

One of the biggest complaints with streaming is how poor people's internet is. I was shocked when I was getting 250Mb on 4G when in a hotel in Amsterdam, I lived next to a cell tower in West Dublin and never saw more than 50Mb. Any job I've had has had slow internet, previous job two locations were less than 10Mb with Eir. Maybe it's better in other countries, in my experience internet in Ireland is pretty crap. I get fiber at home but it's no use when work is barely stable 50Mb and 1-2Mb mobile data. I'm sure there's plenty of people using it without issue but I didn't think it would be popular enough to even consider a dedicated handheld.

Remote Play has been available as far back as 2014 with Xperia phones, Sony even made an official DualShock 4 adaptor for €20 that didn't sell well. If I didn't already own a Steam Deck I would probably just carry a controller with a mount and use my phone rather than buy an expensive streaming only device.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭jones

I'd love an updated Vita for the PS5 era. The Vita had class hardware but was chronically underdeveloped by Sony who seemed to give up on it after a year. It seems the VR2 isnt selling particularly well so not sure it thats a positive or negative development for Sony to dip back into mobile gaming ala steam deck. I presume Sony see it as a risk so maybe the low sales for VR2 are definitely a bad thing.

I have my brothers steamdeck as a lend for the past week he has a big library of steam games and its a great piece of kit i'd love a playstation OLED version with full access to the whole PS Store.

A man can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads younglad is after buying a ps5

What is the best version of ps plus to get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I'd get PS Plus Extra. Premium just adds some retro games and demo time for some games I think. Extra gives you the three free games a month (which comes with Essential) and library of a couple of hundred games to dip into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jj880

Id be tempted to start off with PS Plus Essential. You can get Sackboy right away for free with this months games and then you have the PS Plus Collection (19 games exclusively available to PS5 owners in the PS Plus section on the console only) still available until 9th May according to this:

You could claim them all now. Plenty to keep him busy for a few months. Then if he wants more games upgrade him to Extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭Damien360

Get PS plus extra, the middle tier. Loads of content so he won't have to buy a game, unless just released, for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,822 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's usually a ps plus sale in May for Days of play so I'd say go with PS Plus Essential and then upgrade to Extra on the next sale. Premium is absolutely not worth the extra fee quid imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Another vote for Extra, it’s brilliant value. As jj mentioned above, make sure you grab those collection games before they expire early May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

So if it makes any difference we have gamepass for Xbox series X

Really have the ps5 for exclusive games as gamepass has a lot of other stuff

In that case definitely PS Plus Extra. Took a quick scan of the Extra game catalogue and here are some games I don't think you can get on Xbox Series X:

Demon's Souls

Destruction AllStars

Returnal

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE

Spiderman Miles Morales

Ghostwire: Tokyo

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Horizon Forbidden West

Stray

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR’S CUT

Death Stranding DIRECTOR'S CUT

There are probably a lot more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Just get the Essential package for the time being and get the PS Plus collecting before it leaves at the beginning of May to get the likes of Uncharted 4, Last of Us, Until Dawn, the Last Guardian and Days Gone. You can upgrade to Extra later when it's on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I have an odd problem with my Philips tv and my PS5. The tv keeps randomly turning itself off when the PlayStation is on and the HDMI source is set to the PlayStation. It only happens when the PlayStation is turned on, normal tv usage is never interrupted. Afaik there’s I have no power saving or sleep settings on either the PS5 or the TV. Anyone have any ideas on what I might be missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Even switch the cable between your TV input and your PS5 input into the TV and see if the problem swaps over

Any time I have wierd HDMI issues I power everything off. Remove HDMI cable from both ports. Leave cable out for a minute. Swap the ends round when plugging back in. Power on. Usually sorts everything out.

If that doesnt work you could try checking that HDMI Device Link is disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

If you buy a PS5 God of War edition, secondhand would you still be able to play God of War when I sign into my account?

The seller has already downloaded it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yes/no.

If they change primary/secondary console or delete their account, you will lose access to the game.

I wouldn't be buying a PS5 with a digital download included, they can easily stop you from playing it.

If they do nothing of the sort, you will have access to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Enjoyed Burning Shores way more than expected yesterday.

Could have charged 30e for it instead of 20e.

Every part of the game is so high quality. Looks even better than FW without the PS4 version. Lava looks incredible.

Just wish it had a better story/characters.

Was kinda ready for Forbidden West to be over when playing it at the time.

Post edited by MikeRyan87 on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've just started on it yesterday. I loved Forbidden West and just finished it recently so have been looking forward to this. Hopefully we don't have to wait 5 years for part 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PlayStation is acquiring Firewalk Studios

Based in Bellevue, WA, Firewalk was formed in 2018 as part of ProbablyMonsters, an independent AAA game company founded by CEO Harold Ryan (former CEO, President and Chairman at Bungie) that builds sustainable game teams focusing on original AAA games. Firewalk's team of best-in-class developers, led by industry veterans Tony Hsu (Studio Head, previously GM and SVP of Destiny at Activision) and Ryan Ellis (Game Director, previously Creative Director at Bungie), have years of collective expertise on some of gaming's most successful and impactful multiplayer titles. ProbablyMonsters and Firewalk announced an exclusive publishing partnership with SIE in April 2021 and now Firewalk will be the 20th studio to join PlayStation Studios.

Interested to see what their first game will be. 150 staff is pretty big.

Could be a Resistance or Killzone multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was about to say, what have they published. But seeing as they're new, PS are putting a lot of trust in them. No idea if those industry names garner that kind of trust, that's an area of gaming I'm not into. Bungie, for all it's Halo success, is not a publisher that I care about. Outside of Halo and Destiny, I've only played 1 other game by them, Oni, and that was amazing iirc with rose tinted glasses. The rest I've never heard of.

ABK deal looks to be blocked by UK CMA..assumed it would go through.

Going to be appealed anyway.

Sony should be able to go ahead with a PS5 Showcase now you would imagine.

Interested to see who both go after next. Sony will probably buy Deviation of their project is going well.

Square Enix probably not going to happen now especially with all their biggest games basically being PS exclusive anyway.

MS might go after Take Two, WB, Sega or EA next.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After them constantly using CoD as a reason not to approve the deal, I could only imagine what would happen if anyone tried buying Take Two with their ownership of Rockstar. Would mean GTA V to would be exclusive to one console next gen.

I thought the sticking point was the cloud-based systems rather than a game title itself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The main negative was the titles themselves for Sony which they argued about that as that's what concerned them and it's what MS tried to keep the debate confined too, but as you say it's all about the cloud market share.

Ofcom have also proposed for a new investigation in to MS and Amazon of their existing cloud business, it's all about the cloud and they don't care too much about COD other than it strengthening MS streaming offering along with the rest of Actibliz.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for internal ssd storage for PS5?

Advertisement