Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jimmyvr5

There's not a lot between them ,if I lived near an Autobahn, LR all day long as it is I spend my commute watching out for speed vans on the M4 and that's with a 204 HP car .400 HP +no use to me in this country .don't need a long range if I'm stuck for v long run once a year I would take partners phev SuV.Even as is I have brought my id3 from Mullingar to west Cork with a quick top up in cork city in summer of course no issues.Have also driven it from Killarney to Mullingar non stop in summer.MY RWD will be even more efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Regards the LR vs RWD debate for me it came down to 4 things.

1. I can charge RWD at work any day I wish to 100% and not be worried about it sitting at 100% for a few hours or 94% over night (by the time I get home)
    2. I cannot get white interior in under LR grant, it may sound silly but this was a deal breaker for me as it makes a big difference inside the car.
    3. I came from a bigger battery in the ID4 but and so far all is good. I would say I am losing perhaps a 10% range from a 38% smaller battery. (60KWH vs 83 KWH total) . meaning I should save something over 25% in home charging costs.
    4. RWD is plenty fast enough, especially at mid speed its really quick.

With the Tesla navigation and battery prediction being so good. You really shouldn't be caught out. did a 50k trip yesterday and it had the predicted milage within 0.1% of actual :)

I am getting 418km/419km estimated range with every 100% charge so far. and before Gumbo or someone jumps on me I know I will not get this, but interested in what other RWD are showing at 100. When weather improves will we see 450ish. I know there's more than temperature but I do have a light foot when it comes to EV's so I would hope to see 450 estimated.

One other thing I noticed when charging at work (11kwh) is that the last 1-2% is extremely slow like 40 mins. Never happed with ID4. Any others notice this? Now that actually works out fine for me as it buys me more time before I have to go out and move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Akula

Those ordering blue rwd and getting wins instantly. Which wheels and interior? Tempted to go this route so I don’t have to wait but would get the black interior and geminis.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

Really good balanced insight thank you

I am awaiting my MY RWD in I hope next month and have no regrets, I also have charging ability at work which is only 5 mins from my house. I have a very small commute and 3 days aweek I am in the city Center so I take the Luas.

I won’t get a home Charging yet but will get that mobile charging kit.

so it’s very much dependent on circumstances and weight it all up cause each one is different so it has to work for u

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

I got mine in 3 mins after changing from RWD silver/black std wheels to blue and bingo VIN assigned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

My tessie battery stats. Prediction of 418 km on a 100% charge.

Average efficiency of 152Wh/km over 357km. Not bad

Regarding slow charging - I get notifications from tessie that the charging rate is reduced from 32A to smth like 6A at the end of the charge. So I think it's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

I tired to place another order with different configs White/White and get assigned VIN within miuntes, the weird part is similar to the blue cars it was manufactured early Jan! .. even the one I booked in flash sale was produced in Feb..

The only possible solution is UK excess or rejected cars .. probably will stick with the original order if it will be delivered in May!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

RWD, Blue colour black interior, standard 19" Gemini wheels.

These seem to be available on the boat.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I am getting 418km/419km estimated range with every 100% charge so far. and before Gumbo or someone jumps on me I know I will not get this, but interested in what other RWD are showing at 100. When weather improves will we see 450ish. I know there's more than temperature but I do have a light foot when it comes to EV's so I would hope to see 450 estimated.

The range is EPA range and based on available battery capacity so will not go up or down depending on weather, it only goes one way and that is down (over time)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That would equate to a theoretical range of about 378km 👍

• Advertisement

Not jumping down 😃

I always point it out as it’s not fair new comers reading the threads thinking this is what you’ll get.

The wh/km figure is a very important figure as that gives the real world range. My own car has dropped from 296Wh/km in January to 184 Wh/km for April already so shows how important weather is. My GOM remains the same in January and April at 100% showing 464km range but as we all know, nonsense 😃

So apologies if you think I’m jumping down on you, I’m not. It’s just the GOM is a set calculation that’s built into every car that leaves the factory and every car displays the same as each other but every car will achieve a different range.

Enjoy 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

The figure quoted for Range on main screen is EPA and this is a very crude measurement, that has little to do with actual range and does not vary depending on temp, driving style etc.

The only place you see range based on recent driving behaviour is to display the energy screen and look for the projected range figure. This uses the average energy consumption over the length of the recent distance selected and uses this and the BMS reported available kwh to work out a range. This figure can fall in winter in cold weather due to the early parts of journey consuming more power etc

Would encourage all new users to familiarise themselves with this Energy App..it’s very accurate and in tune with the individual’s driving style

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Popped into Sandyford today and chatted with lovely helpful reps. They confirmed there are 2 shipments on the way (April and May) and that the final trade in that’s on my account should be valid for 60 days to cover the delivery and not 30. It’s yet another glitch on the site 😒. VINs should be allocated after the Suez Canal so fingers crossed!

I would love to know what existing RWD and LR customers get displayed as their max range depending on charge. Is there a database of this?

I.e. something like (I'm making these figures up btw):

RWD, 100%, 415KM

RWD, 90%, 370KM

LR, 100%, 510KM

LR, 90%, 470KM

LR, 80%, 415KM

Etc?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Hi Robbie, Did you also managed to check with them about the missing Order agreement from the account? Thank for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

What boats are the cars on? Tesla boat tracker has Gold Kachov off the coast of Spain with Grande Houston approaching the Suez Canal which means Vins could be allocated in the next few days. Also Morning Calypso is off the coast of India which could contain some cars also. Grande Champion and Asian Trust are off the coast of Vietnam and China respectively.

Irrelevant figures tbh.

Unless there’s a reason to know but the figure will be the same across every car give or take.

It’s a set calculation pre fitted at Tesla HQ. It has no relationship to weather, how your driving etc

its literally the EPA efficiency figure X what the BMS thinks is left remaining in the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Only kidding! I suppose what I’m trying to ask in a very awkward way is that in my last ev what I saw estimated in winter was different to what I saw estimated in summer. (Mainly due to temp) As others have pointed out is the EPA.

would I expect to see too change in the model y?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Grand Champion is the most likely with vehicles for Ireland (according to Mr.Miserable on the TeslaMotorsClub). The rest of those ships are destined for other markets unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Brother in law popped into Tesla today in London for a MY test drive. Apparently they had a good few new cars which were delivered to be used as demo cars but weren't needed by the stores so he's collecting his brand new MY rwd white with black next week. Wish it was that quick here! At least he used my referral.

• Advertisement

No, you’ll see no change at all. The same figure for winter and summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

No, the Tesla shows the same on GOM whether winter or summer, or how it is driven. Hence why few use it, though it is reasonably accurate at times in my Model 3 because a lot of my commutes are on 80 kmh roads.

If you had ordered a LR mid January just after the price drop, and still have the "Apr - June" EDD, how likely do people think that the cars would be delivered this side of July?

Especially given how "RWD heavy" the Irish market deliveries tend to be and the likely influx of orders for LR when the price dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Nobody really knows. I asked Tesla Ireland and they said there’s approx double the number of cars on the boat from China than in the last one but wouldn’t say (or most likely know) the split.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

Yes you’re right. Grand Champion is heading to Singapore at the moment and should arrive there in a couple of days before heading on to Zeebrugge. Based on that then we should be expecting deliveries towards the end of May all going well.

For the 19th April - 4th May contingent are we expecting a boat from the UK with excess stock from there or what’s the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

@BK1975 Car comes with the mobile charger included.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jimmyvr5

The model Y cars with a serial number (last 6 digits VIN) of about ~750000, were produced in the first week in Febuary. they would take at least a month from the shipping date to arrive in Southhampton UK so would possibly have arrived early to mid march at the earliest.My original order from january 14th cancelled at firesale had a ~750000 serial ,firesale order had ~755100 and newest final order from last week ~755500 serial.With over 2000 MY a day made in Shanghai,all of these cars would have been made over the space of a few days in early Febuary. So it looks like they havent been sitting around the UK since Jan and are more likely there since early to mid March.

Based off Production figures for Shanghai (not VIN decoder)

Production trend for Tesla MY (tesla-info.com)

I completely forgot about it tbh! ....had our very excited 5 year old with me

In case anyone’s interested in this bad boy… for 51K! I had a poke around it in Sandyford today. It’s a beaut’ but it’s clear it’s been sitting there for a while. It’s filthy especially the roof which is thick with tree sap….. but is a 222 so ya know…sensors baby yeah!!! https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/LRW3254_dce428090a28edd49e4928ed12e955d6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

I was over in Sandyford on Saturday Robbie. I had a look at it because it's the same colour combo we are hopefully picking up before the end of the month..... not at 51k though 😂 delighted with the colour and the sport wheels

Advertisement