Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm planning a clear out soon - the full suite of last gen consoles, some older handhelds like 3DS and Vita that have sat in a drawer for years, and some PC monitors & bits. Where's the best place to sell these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

adverts.ie and considering the times Facebook marketplace but I never advertised on there myself so I have no experience with it.

cex is good too if you want to get rid of stuff without a lot of hassle.

My wife doesn't know the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek. It's mad to think had that fact come up earlier our kids would never have been born. Life really is pure chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭Cordell

May the force make you live long and prosper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

An old favourite:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope you managed to get custody of the kids after the divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cex is the best place for hassle-free selling.

Adverts/Facebook are better for getting a better return on them but there are so many timewasters there that you may end up having to work for the better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Arcade and Retro forum here has a well-regarded, heavily moderated ‘for sale’ section. I say this not as a self interested vulture whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

John wick 4 director said Hong Kong Massacre inspired a scene in the film. It's currently on sale for just 2.50 on psn if anyone fancies it. I heard it's not as good as Hotline Miami but still looks cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saw the new Mario movie. It's not terrible but it's just way too safe. There's nothing at all that really stands out after the first 15 minutes and those 15 minutes were picking out nintendo fan service in the background. It kind of just does everything it needs to so it can be classed as a film and none of the jokes land. I mean they could have drawn from Luigi's mansion and got some laughs out of Luigi and his fear of ghosts but didn't.

I see the movie is wildly successful with plans for more Nintendo collaborations in the future. It would be a real shame if they stuck with illumination because this Mario movie is like all the other illumination movies, safe and forgettable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Well so long as the games/hardware part of Nintendo stays 1,000,000 miles away from the McNintendo part of the company, I'm good.😁

Well it seems I only hold onto Tv's for a couple of months past two years. I found my receipt of my first 4k Tv it was a 60Hz tv which I bought four years, eight months ago. I had it two years and three months when I decided to go to a 4k 120Hz Tv. I sold it really cheaply to my parents after their Tv kicked the bucket.

I also cannot game this past week as I gave my Tv to my parents after that Tv I sold them kicked the bucket. So I gave them a lend of mine. I ordered a couple of days ago another 4k 120Hz Tv but this time it is a OLED. Damn easter break is causing me to wait for it to be delivered. I had the Tv, two years five months before I ordered the OLED and told the parents they can just keep the Tv. 120Hz Tv gone to complete waste on them as all they do is watch Sky or Netflix.

My TVs never die for some reason and it's not because of lack of use that's for sure. I've a samsung 6 years now. There's not a single reason to change it. Actually just bought a Shield TV, the OS was the only thing getting dated on it.

They leave their TV on standby rather than switching off the switch on the socket or unplugging it. I have no idea if that is the reason two Tv's broke on them, who knows.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

My parents are the same. Their shed had a number of TVs in it that broke.

Some people just have an anti technology force field around them, making devices that would last for years in my house break down within months. Doesn't matter what the device is, TVs, computers, phones, anything.

Well a shed isn't a good place for a tv. Had my mam almost throw out some useless junk she found in the attic. My dad thought it might be something I had but instead of putting it back put it in the shed. Bye bye extremely rare and sought after neo Geo board B arcade board.

As for not having a tv, switch owners are sniggering at you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah, I wasn't very clear, they broke before they went near the shed.

Being having fun with my new PC build this weekend. I've been absolutely hooked on FrostPunk. Yep, I built a new PC only to play a 5 year old game that utlizies 1%-3% of my CPU 😄 This game is totally unforgiving....I absolutely love it! Well worth building a new PC for. I think I'm on the end game:

there's a big storm coming and I've to prepare for it

I've managed to get through the game without any storage until now. Really struggling to keep up with current demand, let alone produce extra resources for storage. It doesn't matter how far back I go in my saves, I'm just not setup for the end game at all. Luckily the game lets you start afresh at each mission\stage of the game. I think I'm going to have to do that and really plan this out properly. I love it!!

p.s Sorry if there are spoilers. How do I do spoiler tags? They gone now?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Sorry if there are spoilers. How do I do spoiler tags? They gone now?

See the backwards P and l to the left of the comment box, click that then the 66 and you will see the spoiler tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Outposts are prob the only way to get enough food stored. Automation on the coal mines help keeping them going in the cold. The big storm is a killer though. I think I just made it with less than a dozen people left. Had around 200 going into it.

• Advertisement

I have such an urban sprawl I'm dependant on heat boosters all over the map and run out of coal very quickly. I might try demolishing everything and rebuilding, keeping houses and food production tight near the plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Have done the same many times, no matter how much I tell myself to build with a plan it usually goes out the window. Have demolished and built the top quality level homes and researched radiators to get a decent level of warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got Dead Island Definitive Edition today. Never played it before so hoping it will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I keep meaning to get the definitive edition as i loved the original and i never played the sequel Riptide. I feel like Dying Light might have ruined me for zombie combat and parkour though. Enjoy!

Speaking of, Dying Light 1 ultimate edition is down to 10 euro on psn in latest sale. Absolute bargain.

Not if you have a PC as it's completely free this week on epic game store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dead Island and Riptide are fun in their own way. Just don't expect Dying Light levels of movement. If you like hacking zombies, and collecting resources, it succeeds well at that. Looking forward to 2, they have a great opportunity due to the meh reaction from Dying Light 2. Bring back the fun!

Mass Effect 2 is a great upgrade from 1. 1 was endearing, but clunky. This is firing on all cylinders. You can feel the energy and passion that was put into this game. The legendary edition looks and plays lovely (series x).

Maybe they've power spikes or something and as the TVs are always connected to power.

Had a dust cover on the series x (for dust, cat pee, child protection, etc). Bad move. My daughter played Minecraft with it on. Fan rattling away. No fire, luckily. It seems ok.🥴

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well I tried that new EA golf game. Played 18 holes at Augusta and finished 30 over par (+30). So yeah, I did very well there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just an FYI, but for newer TV's, such as LG OLED's (not sure about other brands), you shouldn't unplug the TV, as it does a pixel refresh when you turn the TV off after every 4 hours of cumulative use, to help prevent burn in.

Advertisement