Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭jj880

Just got an online order cancelled myself.

Rang the store (you can ask to be out through to a specific store). Only have 1 phone left (xiaomi note 10 5g) and are holding it for me until I get there in an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

While people might hope to get a good deal on a phone, at this stage its probably a waste of time trying to get a phone from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Exactly this. I got a few phones after a lot of effort then basically gave up. I realised I'd actually pay to not have to use their shop.

Dunno bout that. Online order takes few minutes. If it gets cancelled go in store. Of course depends how far away the store is.

In last 6 months we've got 3 half price Xiaomis from them. 1 online and 2 in store. Combined saving of 450 euro. Of course its relative. Maybe not worth it to some. Helped me pay for a new TV 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Banjo Carney

How exactly does it work in the shop. Do they ask awkward questions and do you have to purchase credit

• Advertisement

The 2 times I went in store it was a genuine switch from Three to Vodafone so cant really answer the awkward question part. They just asked for phone number and what network I was switching from.

As for credit I had to buy 1 month of chat extra for 20 euro but you get a month of unlimited calls/texts and 10 gb data for it. After that you can use whatever sim/plan you like (for Xiaomi phones anyway as they are unlocked).

Thanks for your reply its appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

After a failed online order I bought a Xiaomi phone recently using a Virgin SIM in Vodafone's shop on Grafton Street. They didn't insist on me buying credit - I just had to choose a plan. Trying to order online was a waste of time - I didn't even get a notification that the order was cancelled - I had to ring the helpline to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭wassie

I wonder if the requirement to buy credit when getting a phone depends if the store is company-owned or franchise-owned.

If company owned then probably no incentive for staff to upsell, whereas in a franchise store, the owners might insist on credit being bought. There is probably next to no margin on a discounted phone being sold, so selling credit with it allows for some profit to be made on the sale. This is pure speculation on my part however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SlickMachine

I reported them for false advertising for the Pixel 6a. They deliberately market the phones for a set price when you switch numbers, take money out of your account, then cancel the order for no reason with no explanation (I was told on live chat that it was "human intervention").

2023 and they have a human reviewing every order on an online store?

It's so they can refuse to give you the price advertised and try to get you to be upsold.

I'd advise everyone else who gets an order cancelled like this to report it to CPCC. They've been doing this for years, and they can't keep getting away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 SlickMachine

I Also included that part about the site saying it was €249.99 plus a €50 discount in my false advertising report.

I agree with your posts - this thread has a long history of the VF nonsense.

But as for the €50 discount claim - I think its pretty clear on their website for the actual phone unless it says something somewhere else perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I think they must have corrected the above recently. It definitely said "€249, plus get €50 off when you..." last time I looked at it.

Was in store yesterday and they said they were expecting more stock of the Pixel 6a soon. Hopefully before the current double discount promo ends.

Just had an order cancelled after three and a half hours. I used an eir sim is there any point in trying again with the same sim and bank card etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

At least they told you it was cancelled

I've had 4 attempts just time out & the money refunded

It's a nightmare did you get one in the end or just give up.

Has anyone done click and collect do they get cancelled as well

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

I had an order cancelled, but no notification, after 5/6 days I rang, and then at that point was informed, and told I'd be refunded in 2 to 3 business days, in total they had my money for 2 weeks and I got no phone. Jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Not worth the stress better off going in store if you can

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Three orders eir, three and virgin sims all failed, no notification of cancellation or refund. Still have my money for two orders after 5 working days.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭frash

thinking of trying again today for a 5th attempt

anyone gotten anything from Vodafone over the last while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I was able to get a phone about a month ago.

I transferred a 3 number and had no issues ordering online.

I got a xiaomi that came with a smartband, the band didn't come with the phone so i got on to customer service and they sent me a link to completed and got the free band soon after i completed the link.

Pretty good deal for a xiaomi phone and band for 110 yoyos 😁

Pixel 6A back in stock at te online Vodafone shop for €249.99 for anyone looking to play VF Lotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Ordered Pixel 6A yesterday and got the cancellation text this morning 😒

Post edited by pissed on

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

I've spun the wheel so many times, dare I spin again?

Just like winning streak you may need 3 full spins before you can win a prize! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did I hear someone shout fix at the back. It only goes around 2.5 times

Advertisement