Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Not much difference day to day considering one will probably charge the larger battery to 80% and smaller battery to 90% as recommended by most EV makers. I think I'd go with a RWD myself, similar to what I did with my P2. I just didn't see much appeal of spending the extra money for a little bit more range and performance. On my ID4 I opted for the bigger battery as it came with upgraded lights front and rear, keyless entry and a few other bits. I do t think with Tesla you have to worry about those things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tesla recommend 90% daily. 100% for trips.

LFP is different obviously. But it can’t handle the power for the AWD cars yet hence why it’s only in the lower units.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

No problem. Used it last week when we were away and added 14-15km range to a MY RWD per hour of charging - 2.4 KWH per hour on a 10 Amp plug.

My home charger gives me just over 7 KWH per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

The biggest difference in driving dynamics, however, is the weight distribution. The Long Range model has a near-perfect 50-50% split due to its motor configuration. The rear-wheel drive (RWD) variant has a 47% front and 53% rear split, instead. In our tests, we found the RWD model didn’t quite perform to the same standard as its dual-motor sibling. The entry-level model doesn’t feel as planted to the ground and also suffers from a bit of rebound when traversing flat, uneven surfaces such as motorway routes. To rub salt into the wound, the AWD model has bettered traction and incites more confidence when faced with trickier weather conditions. Essentially, if you want the bettered performance and handling characteristics, you’ll want to consider the Long Range model or even the Performance variants instead of the entry-level model Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Not wrong my friend, but you sound like me... I.e. with a young family! (My 2 are under 5 if that helps).

Basically, any car trip over 2 hours is a no no. Kids want to stretch legs, get food, pee etc. You get the drill!

For me I ordered a RWD as I'll be stopping anyways on our once annual trip to Kerry etc so I'm not pressed to spend 7k on "what if" scenarios.

EV isn't my first rodeo though, so I understand the range anxiety if it is your first ev.

Either way though, the LR and RWD are both fantastic cars so you won't really go wrong with either. 😀

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭n.d.os

It makes you wonder if all this range they keep adding to EVs is even necessary. I'm also a few EVs in and I'm not so bothered about paying extra for 100km more range when I'll probably only use it once a year if even that. My partner still worries about range but has never really tried to understand the charging network or limitations of her EV. In a way she's still adapting to the change a few years in so we're all different. As I mentioned before, I think something like a 52kwh battery is limiting but anyone buying a rwd Tesla doesn't need to worry about range as much as someone buying a base ID4 would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

All,

I've been on holidays and not heard a peep from Tesla since they cancelled my MY full price (because of the fire sale mess) but I still had my M3 order from Feb but it still says April-June 2023.

I'm flying home tomorrow so said I better check in on this thread and I see some people are talkin about vins and dates and ive not got a vin yet either.

Should I have a more concrete date and a VIN by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Hope you had an awesome holiday 😁 I order my M3 in Feb as well so here's an update from my side... there is no update. It's still Apr-Jun and our order agreements disappeared and haven't come back yet. There's 2 ships on the way and apparently my order ( from Feb 14th M3 standard RWD white) will be more likely on the 2nd ship than the MY heavy first one. These 3 are all Europe bound

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

According to Mr Miserable on Tesla Motors Club, the most likely one going to Zeebrugge, ie having cars for Ireland on board, is Grand Champion. currently headed for Singapore. I hope my M3 is on the Grand Champion, I doubt it will be on either of the first two ships. No one reporting VINs for M3 RWD yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I suppose with the long range you get;

1. Bigger battery 75kW (vs 57.5kW) usable
    2. Faster charging up to 250kW (vs 170kW)
    3. Slightly better warranty on battery and motors (192k km vs 160k km)
    4. AWD
    5. Faster acceleration

Some of the above will not be of any interest to alot of buyers and hence the RWD will be the better buy.

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Has anyone issue been resolved for order agreement missing? Mine seems to be missing for quite sometime. They keep telling support team is working on it but hasn't been resolved so far. Also, would this cause for any issues to assign VIN for my RN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Did anyone that replied to the Kelly cancellation email get any sort of response ? It’s been a week. Anyone get their deposit refunded ?

I suspect that the missing order agreements is due to Tesla not being sure if they can deliver before 1st July. If they can't then the SEAI grant will reduce and the price will increase and they don't want people to be saying "but you promised me on my order agreement a €5k grant" etc.

The original order agreement should be in your email and should mention on the left that it includes the grant of €5000.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

Floor mats are carpet, so would recommend to consider getting rubber ones. My rubber ones only arrived a few days after I got the car, and by then, the carpet mats in the back were filthy from the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Got my deposit refunded but didn't get a reply to the questions I asked in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

My order hasn't even been cancelled yet. It was 'cancelled' by email, just not actually cancelled.

I’ve never had rubber mats in my personal car. Hate them. They are cheap looking IMO.

That’s why I always tell people to wait and see what you need before blindly ordering everything from Ali express.

Ive 3 kids all under 12 also. I usually Hoover out the car every other week so never builds up dirt.

Still waiting on refund and reply.

Not expecting any reply though

I don't believe so because i have seen people order agreement returned, also i have 2 orders placed for identical M3 RWD configuration. One has no issues but the other one has that order agreement missing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Loads of MY RWDs in Inventory. Go go go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Huge dump of inventory just there, mostly MY

I never replied. Got cancelled on Tuesday and had my refund by Thursday.

No point replying. The decision was above her head.

All the cancelled kelly MY are back in inventory with increased price. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

That will be the flash sale hitting inventory, damn you M3LR Red

All LR are above the grant.

Lots of RWD say normal prices. Not one discount that I can see.

Still, probably the unsold from the next boat coming in. Good to get one soon so if you were on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

A lot of those inventory cars dropped in look like the famous sale cars, i see my Red M3P there 😑

No LR MY in grant threshold & very few M3 there

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Still no refund for me either on a M3 and a firesale MY

They are definitely the firesale cars back onsite without any discounts.

'mine' is there too at nearly 63k

Can anyone explain when choosing M3 LR red why the prices bump up to 60K where as an cost of paint is only 2300?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

Yes sneaky price increase

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement