Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has Trish been a heel before since becoming a fulltime wrestler rather than when she was a valet? I was thinking it was she who attacked Lita to get her spot on the team.

Though now Raquel and Liv have become victims of being in the category of "champions, not because of what they've done but to move another story along". As for Raquel, I've said before but since being called up what has her character been other than smiling and doing her back pose?

Do we have a date for the draft? Think HHH just said "in a few weeks".

Always funny when they have number 1 contender matches between a tv regular and people who appear rarely. Like was there any doubt Iyo would lose against the lesser seen Piper and Mia?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yes. She was a heel around wrestle mania 21 as she faced Christy hemme in LA, and the gear she wore mania this year was a tribute to that gear. She was also a heel when she turned on Jericho at mania 20. I’m sure there’s more but I personally thinks she’s better as a heel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bronson Reed and Lashley was kinda fun. Crowd didn't like the double count out but I thought it was fine, let them go again at Backlash with a No DQ stip.

I must say the Usos wearing their 'We The Ones' stuff looks ridiculous now they've been beaten. Think the Bloodline feud with them and KO/Sami needs a cool down period though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Trish a heel the time she was wearing a face mask for her nose, also during Lita wedding she was heel, agree she is better as a heel

I hope she and Becky can pull off a decent match, Becks sold the kick

Rey asked HHH to put him on SD but has been on Raw a good bit, again what is the point of a draft

Bianca should have dropped the title to Asuka or even Bayley

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

The Cody Brock feud makes so much sense if Cody was champion. Ah well….

Lesnar to appear to presumably make a Backlash match with Cody

Solo is to face off against Rey Mysterio, while Owens/Zayn/Riddle will fight Judgement Day

Well Rhea vs. Solo or Rhea vs. Roman would be new and Rhea is the mvp eradicator mami of The Judgement Day

Heels Brock and Trish cowboy dressers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rhea vs Solo stare down was funny, and I think that’s not the first time either. It would actually be an interest in pairing down the road if Solo went solo, and him and Rhea teamed as an unstoppable duo.

Trish’s promo was brilliant. And hot damn, she looked great. If Becky is out hurt for a bit, Trish should well be able to carry this, and I love she’s getting another run.

Cody vs Brock, I’m actually looking forward to too. If Brock is motivated for the match, it could be a banger.

Actually, it strikes me the Raw After Mania looks like a bit of a blip now, in terms of quality. I’m sure it is a coincidence that’s the one show Vince was around for 😂 I still think they’ve missed the hottest moment to swap the title off Roman and onto Cody, and Brock vs Cody would work a lot better as Cody’s first defence. But they’ve still recovered fairly well from their own goal.

• Advertisement

Trish is a better heel, good promo and her gear a nod to her debut manager days for T & A

Enjoyable end brawl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Ah Trish in the T & A days...🥰🤤

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

Which makes you wonder if Cody was supposed to win until Vince stepped in and said No.

KO really sold Rhea's clothesline but when will any of them hit her, it is frustrating that she can them but not vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah I was thinking the same about the Raw after Mania, it's really moved on and recovered. Shame they dropped the bag so much after Mania and I defintiely think Cody should have won if only because there's few other decent opponents for Roman.

I really enjoyed the Judgement Day/Bloodline pairing, need more storylines crossing over and the brawl at the end was fun too. Backlash is shaping up well so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really? Backlash is looking like a major non event for me. No interest in bloodline 6 man tag. Same for judgement day and bad bunny and the dead beat dad.

Am interested in Cody Brock if only to see Brock rag doll Cody around the place.

The 6 man tag could be decent even if it has big house show energy.

I like the Judgement Day and Bad Bunny is someone who I'm always entertained by and think in Puerto Rico this match will be a blast, not an amazing technical masterclass or anything but enjoyable.

Cody and Brock I'm very up for, think it has excellent potential.

Then presumably we get Trish/Becky in some shape or form which I'm definitely interested in and Iyo vs Bianca which I think if given the time could steal the whole show. Throw in another Gunther match and I'm game.

I think there's some promise here, I'm not saying it's going to be a game changing PPV or anything but it's got potential to be a sleeper. Maybe I'm just a sucker for shows outside of the usual places, I'm looking forward to it and there's still time to build 😊

Puerto Rico crowd will likely make the matches feel bigger than they actually are. Cody and Brock should probably main event but I'd reckon they'll go with whatever Bad Bunny is involved in to send them home happy.

I'm actually sick of Bianca at this point. She's got absolutely no character at all just a bland soulless face who swings a braid and smacks her arse a few times each match. Need someone to take the belt off her for a while to freshen things up.

Miz/Rollins was a good to great match, crowd were really into it too. I've no idea where Rollins actually fits at the moment. The Theory feud has been done and they're obviously keeping him away from Reigns despite there being an easy story there. Something with Judgement Day and Balor post Backlash maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could they break the Judgement Day up in the draft ?

Solo prob the only realistic member of the Bloodline to be drafted away from the rest of the group (to go solo !!! sorry couldn't resist 😆)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I could see Dom or Rhea getting drafted..I can still see Dom becoming part of LWO and the group turning heel

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

None of these matches add any value for backlash to be honest. Couple this with no world title defence and it’s shaping up to be the weakest PPV card in a long time.

Random for sure, I like seeing Bronson get a title feud and seeing Rhea ragdoll Zelina should be fun though. Think it will be a fun show that feels big because of the crowd, I mean the next PPV after that is a Saudi one so reckong they're holding off on major feuds till after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fightful saying it’s possible a new World Title is to be introduced, for after the draft.

There's no word who Punk was there visiting, but we have heard from several WWE sources that he did briefly see Paul Levesque, which would have been the first time the two have met in person since the day Punk walked out of the company back in 2014.

Punk also met with several other WWE talents, but was eventually asked to exit the arena.

One WWE source believed it may have been since he was under contract to another company. We are told by the same source that it was a Vince McMahon call that he leave the venue and that when he was asked, Punk immediately said his goodbyes and left the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭fman

Does anyone remember Creed's blog on the Office? They are a major media company, couldn't they rig that? A raw for Vince and a raw for everyone else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

New World Heavyweight Championship coming on the scene for whatever brand Roman Reigns is not on

First champion to be crowned at Night of Champions on the 27th May

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I for one welcome the runner up title, to be contested among lads Roman battered.

• Advertisement

Scenes when Roman is drafted to both brands and wins it😂

Advertisement