Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned twice by biased moderator

Options
  • 11-04-2023 8:59pm

I've been banned from the "Time for a Zero Refugee policy" thread by moderator @Ten of Swords

I had a temp. ban from the site after a comment on the same thread towards user "annasopra" (relating to Islamic views on LGBT). She has some sort of LGBT flag in her profile picture. The point of my comment was to point out this user's hypocrisy and cowardice. User is always happy to slate Irish people she feels hold "right-wing" opinions, but always refuses to condemn migrants or refugees with similar views. I was banned by mod @Ten of Swords and unable to log into the site for a few weeks. No explanation.

Fast forward to yesterday and I began having an exchange with "annasopra" on the same thread. I pointed out aforementioned hypocrisy of her views, and low and behold, this LGBT moderator comes in and bans me from the thread. This time he claimed to ban me for "Conspiracy Theory" (the post in question was part of the same exchange and detailed how ballot boxes are removed from counting centres overnight in Ireland, and how this means the elections are to an extent, based on trust. This is indisputable fact.) I had posted the exact same point about a week ago, and was not pulled up in any way for it. Why now?

In summary, both times I was banned was immediately after pointing out that LGBT is not tolerated in the Islamic religion. This was relevant to the discussion on both occasions I brought it up, and to reiterate, is a FACT. I have zero problem with either group, but LGBT is a sin against Allah.

This moderator has banned me twice now, clearly because he is uncomfortable with this truth. The conclusive proof of this is that when he banned me yesterday, he not only deleted the "Conspiracy Theory" post, but went back and removed the comment that really triggered him relating to LGBT and Islam. He left user "annasopra" comments to me untouched.

All of this makes him biased and unsuitable to moderate such a discussion. He's moderating with his emotions, and using other excuses to remove users posting comments that he doesn't like. This is unprofessional, and defeats the whole purpose of the site.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Do not post here unless you are the OP, a moderator involved in the dispute, or a CMod adjudicating.

-Shield

Mod: Deleted comment that resulted in this additional information, but leaving it ‘as is’ due to it being relevant to the dispute.

-Shield

I haven't had much problem with the other mods as of yet. But this particular LGBT guy is demonstrably biased and therefor unsuitable to be modding a thread on migrants and refugees (many of whom are Muslim with strong beliefs).

If he can't handle it, he should leave such threads to the other guys like @Beasty

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, given you have picked up 6 warning points from other moderators, including 2 from me, and none from Ten of Swords before your siteban.You are being very disingenuous with your comments. Indeed your siteban was triggered by the second pointed warning issued by me in the thread in question. Ten of Swords had not acted at all against your account until the pointed warning you received yesterday

I would also point you to the rules of this forum as set out in the instructions in the forum sticky. This is not a place to have a dig at moderators of this site and any more comments like you have already made about the mod will result in this thread being closed, your appeal being resolved and the sanction upheld

Now have you attempted to resolve this with the mod via PM?

I've been restricted three times on this site (ie some form of ban). The first was when I accidentally replied to a moderator in thread. The other two times were both coincidentally right after I mentioned how LGBT and Islam are diametrically opposed. Heavy promotion of the former and increasing importation of the latter has destined Ireland to inevitable conflict down the line.

We've seen over the last few years how mainstream media outlets, social media platforms, "reporters", and presenters are commonly reading from the same script. This is often literal, as demonstrated by the following clip:

Creepy, eh? Irish mainstream media is going the same way. Covid proved that beyond all doubt. Only one side of the narrative presented, with anything to the contrary quickly discredited or deplatformed. Such bias and censorship, ironically, actually is "extremely dangerous to our democracy".

I really hope these tentacles of control haven't reached boards.ie, and you guys aren't being influenced or coerced to censor certain discussion and viewpoints. Or, perhaps, just sometimes allowing your own political leanings get in the way of open debate.

Regardless, I appreciate your response, and running of the site in general, but I'll be closing my account here. I will contact the relevant channels shortly to do so.

Thanks.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No attempt at dispute resolution.

Closing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement