Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We can agree on that.

I probably should put a caveat on the posts that my contract legal experience is based on 7 seasons of Suits 🤣

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

I was asked to provide additional documented proof of my bank details followed by another 2 business days of no communication. Finally got email confirmation from Kelly yesterday evening that the refund was processed and refund will hit my account within 10 working days, alongside more apologies.

Tesla’s internal systems and processes leave a lot to be desired, but I’m over it all now and looking forward to eventually getting my car 😅

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

Any ideas if the new ship from Shanghai is arriving Europe by beginning of May, when should we expect VIN? Within a week from now?

trying to think if will wait for my original Jan order or just proceed with UK stock order .. just received email today to sign the grant

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

Anyone got an email to e sign a document for the SEAI Grant? i just got one from Tesla. Sure i dont have an exact delivery date yet only the EDD of Apr 25 - May 10th

Should i be signing this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

I got an email with the SEAI form to sign for the car. Must mean delivery is near?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

What kind of delivery windows have people been getting? I've seen Apr 19 - May 4 and Apr 25 - May 10. Is there anything in between? If not, then perhaps there are 2 different ships in the next couple of weeks, one from Shanghai and one from Southampton? Which would explain the apparent mixed messaging from Tesla and the landlord from Silas Marner would now pitch in. Our car was produced in early January and it is definitely not coming from Shanghai, almost certainly from Southampton, but a tiny chance of coming from some other European port it was abandoned at in Q1.

There may yet be a third, more conventional shipment arriving in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I received an email from Tesla this morning about a signature for the grant.

I have a MYLR on order from Jan 14 (no vin) and I ordered a MY RWD Blue/black and got a vin in minutes.

I'm still not sure which one to go for.

If I sign this seai grant for presumably the RWD, am I locking in the grant to the RWD sand foregoing the LR, or is the grant on the car and not the user?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Just got the SEAI grant paper work to sign for the MY I ordered yesterday... fast. The M3 I ordered in Feb is stuck in oblivion LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Similar situation here and would prefer Jan configuration even if delivered 3-4 weeks later ..

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Yeah mine is Apr 25 - May 10. Apr would be preferred so I can forget about this charade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

The SLA from the SEAI is up to 15 working days for EV grant approval and letter of offer. So I would guess that delivery won't be in the next 3 weeks, but would be very soon after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

ye I've built up the MY LR in my head for so long now I'll be disappointed if there's no flux capacitor and I can't go back in time to order a year ago, instead of just 6 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

The CSO published their figures for new private cars licensed in March. https://visual.cso.ie/?body=entity/motors

I'm very surprised to see MY only ranking No. 8, and M3 coming it at No. 29. They're the best selling car in Europe https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/best-selling-cars-europe-2023 and yet they only scrape into the Top 10 here?

There's no accounting for taste.

Does Tesla needs the full approval before starting car registration and confirm delivery dates?that means 4 weeks at least, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

just thought I’d post some insights from the previous batch of deliveries:

1. EDD is generic and you can expect them to change as you get closer to it. From the previous batch, it took 2 weeks from the ship arrived in Zeebrugge until they started delivering
    2. we saw actual delivery dates assigned at least 3 weeks prior to delivery
    3. request for payment was sent 3 weeks before confirmed delivery date
    4. VINs were assigned no later than the ship passing through the Suez, unless you were matched to cancellations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

I'm in exactly the same...."boat". Order still showing in the account, deposit not returned, nor extra money paid down. Only indication that it's "cancelled" is an email from Cian (not Kelly).

Attempted to get more info out of them over email, only received the most useless 2 liner email which basically said "ASAP", which is not much comfort to say the least.

Contacted the UK over webchat yesterday, who advised the IE office have to deal with it and logged a callback, for which I'm still waiting. Safe to say when I eventually do manage to get money back from them I'll never deal with them again; A mistaken listing is one thing (and bad enough, IMO) but dragging your heels for no good reason to return money paid down on a car that's never going to be delivered in addition to outright ignoring customers is quite something else.

Great cars, horrible company. I think it says it all that the only good information we've gotten on this thread (and thanks very much to those posters providing it) is from people walking into the garage in person, and that's not much comfort for those of us living 2+ hours away from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Nope. Got mine back in March after ordering early Feb, and still no VIN

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Tesla won’t process the grant until they are registering car. In any event SEAI grants are for the car and there is no restriction in an individual getting multiple grants.

For others asking if they should sign or not this is just standard for Tesla who are preparing for deliveries and getting everything lined up. It is usual to be requested to sign and doesn’t follow a confirmed pick up date.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I decided to book in a test drive for a RWD to try it out. If it doesn't feel lacking I'll probably go for it as the kids are young and can't do a long drive.

In a few years when they are older, I'll see about changing to a LR (whatever they have then) and for HW4 etc but should do me fine until then.

That's my thinking anyways but sure we are all different

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I got the email thismorning also. EDD 19-4 and vin assigned weeks ago. No delivery date yet but I noticed when signing the grant form that the date field was left blank under my signature and it didn’t offer a way to attach a date. I presume it’s open ended and filled in at a later date when delivery slot is confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mcalgur

I have an EDD of April 19th-May 4th for M3 LR and have a VIN assigned to me a while ago- received the SEAI grant online document today and sent it back. Hopefully not long to wait to schedule delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymayo23

Can my wife add our imminent Tesla to her account/app when she signs up?

I ordered RWD MY (delivery 19/4 - 4/5, VIN appeared yesterday). car will be registered under and primarily driven by my wife, who had not signed up to anything Tesla - just said "Lets get one" upon sitting I'm showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Received "Fire Sale" refund yesterday. Just received SEAI grant form to sign for original M3 LR order from January. VIN received over 3 weeks ago, EDD 19 April - 04 May. Was told car was in Zeebrugge two weeks ago by staff member in Sandyford. I shall only believe delivery date when I finally sit in car.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

She can add it to her app after delivery. You need to pair the car to a phone while using the key card. Once done, she is set up with the phone as a key and access to all the settings there.

I don’t think it is possible for both of you to access the pending order on your accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Most likely because there’s only been one delivery of model Y. Very little Model 3’s delivered yet in 2023.

Advertisement