Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

This is being quoted by multiple sources this morning. And they are saying its coming straight from Russian social media, apparently the mercenaries shared the video themselves.

So looks legit. Whats scary is it also shows many positive comments and likes from the Russian public who viewed it with only a few negative comments.

Horrendous stuff if true, unfortunately nothing like this is surprising anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Same stuff was done to Russian soldiers in Chechnya years ago iirc. You'd think they would have learned from that. Orc is too nice of a word to describe the utter scum that Russian mothers have produced.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,497 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

They have a lot of scrap left not sure if a have that many tanks left. In the Kuwait war a US Bradley tank knocked out about 40 T-90 Russian tanks. It would have knocked out a few more but it ran out of munitions.

Because a lot of the Russian tanks left are parked up they be lucky to 30% operational in the next 12 months. They have about 100 T-90's parked up. Odds are if they are parked up at this stage they are not capable of becoming operational. So any tanks entering service now will be T70 models or earlier.

The UA now has more operational of there own T-series tanks than at the start of the war. They now have probably 100+ Bradley's and a similar number of other similar NATO light tanks as well as I suspect 50+ heavy tanks ( Leopards and Challengers).

How do you think obsolete Russian tanksT80( and there is very few T80's) series and earlier models will manage on a modern battlefield again proven light tanks, heavy tanks, the UA own upgraded T-series as well as against LAWS and Javelins.

When this war is over the price of scrap steel will fall through the floor for 2-3 years.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭rogber

Some people here seem to really love gore videos.

I couldn't sleep if I watched that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭raclle

It was on the front page of reddit for hours last night. The Ukrainian subreddit is claiming its legit. There's plenty of kids on that site without people having to post stuff like that. Wtf is wrong with people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

It's the long-range s-300s,Buks and tors that are denying high and medium level air superiority to the Russians , and ensuring that they're flying low .. which puts them into manpad territory..

The Russian missile and long drone range drone attacks were to deplete these higher altitude / longer range missiles , and they appear to be doing that ..

There appear to be western alternatives , but maybe not enough , and at high price ,

There was talk of using American sparrow missiles with the Buk system , but they're much shorter range ,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I don't think it's a love of gore for most people, it's curiosity informing themselves of what so called humans are capable of doing to other human beings. I have seen a bit of this recent video, I chose not to watch it all after what was frankly a physical reaction to it. One cannot negotiate with this no more than one could have negotiated with the ss.

The advice doing the rounds not to watch it is sound, if people really want to see it it's there to be found, but they ought understand the advice not to view it is well meant.

I don't really buy that argument about "educating" themselves. I can imagine what a beheading looks like without watching a video of a real person being killed.

I think it's more just morbid curiosity.

And I also don't find the existence of these videos surprising, given that there have already been castration videos and videos of being sledgehammered. It's disgusting, but this is what war does to young men

• Registered Users Posts: 29,407 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If the link to the video wasn't provided we'd have the usual suspects saying it was a made up story.

You don't have to watch it. It's out there. There's a brutal war on.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

This is a bit like those 4D chess comments Trump fans used to make when damaging leaks came out.

It's wishful thinking.

The leaks are genuine and they are damaging for all concerned and will encourage the Russian criminal regime to keep going, while also not a game changer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Most people sharing it are blurring it out. I would say very few people want to actually see the gruesome act itself. I know when I seen anything of the video myself being shared I scroll quickly past it. Although im sure there may be one or two that would.

However IMO it is important that this story is shared and not brushed aside. Their are a large amount of people in the west and even in our own country here that blatantly support what Russia are doing or at the very least sympathise with their position.

They need to be made aware of what exactly they are supporting, and shown that in fact this is not just MSM or 'Western propaganda' making this stuff up.

The Germans in WW2 were every bit as bad. The Japanese also, the Koreans in their war, the Chinese, the Vietnam war, the Middle East ... These horrendous crimes happen almost everywhere wars take place, it's disgusting but hardly unique to the Russian army.

Unique to Russians in this war. Pop up some links to Ukrainian atrocities...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,407 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

So right now what seems unique to the Russian army, the extent and scale of it, and deliberate use of criminal mercenaries.

Attempting to minimise or downplay that with whataboutery entirely misses the point.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No I stand by what I and that hasn't changed one bit ,

No matter how many new accounts try to tell me I said this and I said that.

So unless you have anything new to bring up your wasting your time trying to jump on this .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Exactly 1 year ago on this day the Defenders of Mariupol/Azotal surrendered to Russian forces after a month of fighting and defending which drew over 10,000 Russians to city giving Ukraine time to shore up Defense's elsewhere, slowing the Russian progress at the time, over 500 Ukrainians were detained, tortured and put on sham trial's by a country that doesn't exist (DNR) while some have been freed through prisoners exchanges hundreds are still be held in occupied territories.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭dennis72

China and Russia about to jointly declare world war I think xi visit was to let putin know the date

Taiwan looking very dodgy at the minute

Western democracies has no stomach for conflict China sees Russia getting away with the grotesque violence against a sovereign state virtually unchallenged aside from a few delayed weapons delivery's

A no fly zone was needed at least

Now we have been to slow and late bye bye Taiwan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

What, you mean that "enciclement" nonsense the Chinese pulled a few days ago because they got pissy (again) about Taiwan and the US being nice to eachother? Taiwan looking "dodgy"? "Bye Bye Taiwan?" My friend, kindly put down the People's Daily for a second and reflect.

The PLA is little better than the Russians when it comes to the quality of material and combat doctrine. The main difference with China is that they simply haven't pissed so much of what they have away in a poorly planned annex attempt. China has nothing to lose by waiting and making a few quick bucks from the Russians. They have everything to lose if they actually come forward and start a war.

No worries,and its just a worst case scenario,dont get me wrong

Politics and military doesnt always get along

Lol well i am trying,but i am also getting a bit concerned i guess

Fingers crossed for Ukraines victory

Most likely,but there is alot of questionmarks around the whole Russian army in general,so nobody knows for sure

Being in storage is offcourse not the same as being operational

US is running out of javelins as well,but there is atleast alternative options if not,and it doesnt take much to take out an oldert54/55 or t62 anyway,i wouldnt even spare a javelin for that,a carl gustav is probably enough or an M72 Law

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

Being able to fight for 2 more years means very little in terms of what might be accomplished or the ultimate outcome.

Nazi Germany fought for two entire years past the war being irreversibly lost, with absolutely no chance of victory at any point during that time. All they were doing was staving off inevitable defeat by sacrificing millions of men in a completely unwinnable war.

Russian land forces have already lost the best of everything it had prior to the war, having made incredibly little progress at enormous cost.

At this stage they're looking at increasingly diminishing returns. Having massive stockpiles of outdated equipment can maybe ensure they'll keep going, maybe make some limited gains, but it's not going to lead to ultimate victory and it's not remotely sustainable.

Putin seems to operating out of the Hitler playbook, desperately hinging on something external happening that'll reverse their misfortune or allow them to stabilise on a permanent basis. Political fractures, ending of western support, etc.

From a purely military POV Russia can continue to do major damage and occupy Ukrainian lands at enormous cost to themselves and their economy, but it's not capable of mounting war-winning offensives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Yes Hitler genuinely got excited about the death of FDR in early April 1945 thinking it was a sign that things were about to turn in his favour and the allies were about to collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

AFAIK Iraq did not have any t90s during the Kuwait war

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

What I find intriguing with all those aerial shots offie,dos and fields of all types of tanks -in Moscovy lined up in THE OPEN and if there for a year they must have been subjected to very harsh weather. One must wonder how operational they all are - unless they are started frequently, anti freeze is used, etc, etc,etc. these aerial shots remind me of the hundreds of air planes parked up in some of the deserts in the US because , I assume , they are gone past their sell by date re fratigue, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement