Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The honduran honey process was lovely

The nicaraguan bean just got delivered as my sub on Friday but will be a couple of weeks before I get to it. Good sign if it is the sub bean though imo as they try and keep their subscribers happy and usually make great choices

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Went with Ethiopia - GERBA DOGO LOT#2 and HONDURAS - Carlos Mejia - HONEY, the discount pretty much covered the delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Does lidl (or aldi or dunnes) have any nice beans at the moment? Prefer light / medium roast, for a drip coffee machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Any discounts for the weekend coming from the good Irish Roasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

This (New Kid Coffee) is lovely - not mindblowing or anything, but I'd absolutely buy it again, especially at that price.

• Advertisement

I'd agree - it's decent and they are doing the same offer again for April! If you need a decent if not extraordinary bean it's a good shout for the price.

Artessa doing 20% off their kenyan beans this week

https://artessa.ie/product/kenya/?mc_cid=5c1aeae1dd&mc_eid=0a7e07afc0

Eleven Fourteen coffee roasters 10%: EASTER10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

15% discount some Bell Lane coffees.

As a thank you to our valued subscribers, we're offering 15% off our three coffee collections for the Easter bank holiday.

Whether you prefer an espresso or a traditional filter coffee, or if you're a fan of single-origin coffee, we've got some great options for you to choose from!

Simply use the code

EASTER15

at checkout and you'll receive 15% off your coffee order

it's a shame that their single origin is only available in 250g bag, works out nearly e60 for a kg.

I had a terrible experience with them as well when I ordered the last 2 times, they made excuses that the beans needed to be gassed, they were shipped at 3 weeks after roast-that's not fresh roasted, on top of that, they made excuses, instead of apologising and saying it wouldnt happen again. I actually got different excuses from 3 people at the company about why the beans were so dated.

It really left a bad taste in my mouth-literally as well as metaphorically haha....

It's not worth the gamble to me to be stuck with bad beans for a month or 6 weeks, and I really love opening a fresh bag, knowing the beans are in peak taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

No issues with order received after, Order placed on the 8th April and roast date is 7th April, received by courier 12th April with Bank Holiday weekend, cant get better than that. It would be much better for them alright if they just said sorry and left the buyer with a better impression of the company.

yeah, That's not a bad date-exactly, all I want is to be able to communicate honestly with a company. instead, I got fobbed off numerous times.

I ordered from Artessa , The art of coffee on saturday, Thay rang me tuesday to confirm the address , I had added a note that I only wanted fresh beans and I'd rather wait for fresh than get older beans. They were roasted yesterday morning, shipped at 2pm and arrived to me at 3pm today-lovely beans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Zverklez

I tried Kaffekapslen based on an earlier recommendation in this thread. Their own brand "blonde" roast is OK considering it is €7/kg. Everything else was completely over-roasted and oily. In total I ordered bags from 3 different roasters on their website, and nothing came with a roast date, no resealable bags, and shipping took almost 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Free delivery at Cafe Du Juor on orders over €33 with discount code VERSKOFFIEVERZENDING

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any discounts for the BH weekend?

Bell lane have 15% off with code MAY23

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

Velo Coffee have 15% off their Unicycle Brews this weekend.

"From now until Monday, 1st of May, you can save BIG on our 200g UNICYCLE BREWS! Use discount code "MAYBANKHOL" at the checkout to save 15% on unicycle brews!"

I went through the entire bag of the Kenyan beans without getting a single good shot, anybody else have issues?

Other bags from Artessa were great, all but 1 had roast dates from a day or two before they were dispatched.

I've had a few issues, but I put it down to the temperature change, it went from very cool to very warm, so a few days there was a acidic taste , today is fine again.

If you message artessa, I reckon they'd get back to you-they are one of the best companies I've dealt with when it comes to improving products based on customer feedback.

20% off coffee with WCC code TWENTY until sunday midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Housefree

Lidl now have Bellarom handcrafted single origin whole beans 100% Arabica €2.79 for 227g

Post edited by Housefree on

I notice that the Velo beans in Aldi are playing around with the expiration dates which might give an illusion of them being fresher than they are.

I saw bags on the shelves where the expiration date was slightly more than 365 days away. Most people would assume the roast date was 365 days before the expiration date.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭omicron

Never more than 1 or 2 bags of whole beans on the shelf in my local Aldi, and usually 20+ bags of ground. Is this the case everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭testtech05

My local is similar with much more ground than whole beans. I usually try to grab a couple of bags when they are in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Housefree

Never an issue in my local, always have the beans, they are my go to, the Brady brand in Lidl went from €3.99 to €4.79 but these have stayed the same price, probably the only thing that has over the last year

Any sales or codes for anywhere currently? Looking to order some more beans shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bit late to this, and I know you’ve answered yourself but I’d third that it’s a very good coffee.

Have been drinking it as my daily coffee for most of the past 2 years. Helps that Dunnes stock it for the last year or more so I can just pick it up with the weekly shop.

This is still active, saves €7. I tried the dreaded Madrugador blend and didn't find it as bad as people described, but it is just a basic espresso blend. There is some robusta that has clearly been roasted too much and more than likely contributes to the rough after taste.

I ordered from Watermark over the weekend, I'm waiting on a delivery, 3kg of 3 different coffees, so i'll report back, but I have been told it's good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭mrm

Bell Lane

For this weekend purchase any coffee from their single origin collection and get 50% off a second bag!

CODE: JUNE23 at checkout

Anyone have any recommendations?

Advertisement