Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My TA for today ( I'm a poet ) is I feel sick. Not too bad , but slightly nauseous. I'm sitting with a basin beside me in case I have to hurl . I'm also freezing and I can't seem to warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Finding a couple of sealed shells in my pistachio nuts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

More than a TA.

Received a call this morning from an organisation that received a referral for providing additional homecare supports for me and my late father in Dec last year. "Just touching base to see how ye're coping and what supports your Dad might need" He is dead since late January. I went through her for a shortcut and she started with the usual excuses and buckpassing that I have come to expect at this stage, so I hung up the phone. I was crying out (literally) for help during his last few months and it's taken til APRIL to get back to me. When I hadn't heard anything I assumed the PHN had passed on the relevant info to them (ie., he's now RIP) but no. And that's just more of the slackness isn't it?

It's extremely distressing to receive this kind of communication by phone or mail when you're grieving - can these people not do some due diligence and make some background enquiries before they blunder in ( he was very elderly and unwell when she received that referral so it was a very likely scenario that he would have died by now)and cause unnecessary distress?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I get one half of an opened shell and use it to open up a sealed shell. Dammed if I'm losing out to a sealed shell!

My TA my managers manager sending round shytty emails barking out why hadn't such n such been done.

Oh if only ya read the email I sent out yesterday that basically answered yer queries. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Everything is hollowed out to maximised profits. Turns society into a money grabbing selfish dumb machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who drive over perfectly innocuous ramps as if they've two dozen loose eggs rolling around the boot.

Also, drivers who park at the pump while they go and get their jumbo breakfast rolls, browse the magazine rack and by the looks of things apply for a bloody mortgage while they're in the petrol station. Got stuck behind a builder's van for what felt like a geological epoch earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I want to try Earl Grey tea but I dont want to buy a whole pack and equally dont want to pay for a single cup in a cafe either.

Additional TA, the P key on my work laptop has started to be sticky. I've to press and hold it to make it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Stuck in a post office queue at the moment, listing to this semi literate howiya who just won't shut her big rubbery mouth up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

This…its prevalent at every garage you visit. Two days ago, the maxol in santry, you can’t drive around the car at the pump in front of you, too tight…. Fella goes in and was seven minutes gone… comes out, multiple newspapers, magazines, loaf of bread, drinks, walking at about 8 steps a minute as he’s humongous and trying to hold the phone to his ear…and carry himself and all that….struggles as he obviously didn’t want to pay for a bag. A two pump garage…that’s very good value for petrol but insanely expensive for incidentals….

there was a free parking at his 12 o clock about a six meter drive away. One needed to presume he kept everyone waiting to save himself the 25 or so extra steps….

I’ve been moaning about insomnia , feeling sick and nausea . Queue a , welcome , hurling session into a basin . It cured me right up and fell asleep on the sofa beside said basin. Woke up to the sound of a basin hitting the carpet and flipping over.😡😡 . Also another TA is where does all the carrots in food come from. I don’t remember them going down when i ate the food but by Christ theres loads on the return journey !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry CJ, but the mental image of the bowl tipping over has me in stitches...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ads like this annoy the hell out of me. They spray the cleaning product here...

...yet the sponge is able to wipe everything clean even before hitting the "blob" of cleaning product, like so:

What's the point of using the product they're advertising, if a wipe down with a sponge is enough to make everything sparking? Stupid.

That for very basic maths I now need to double check it on my phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Brain fog is annoying as hell.

Can't remember words but can see them and know what they mean in my head.

Oh i get that , where I know what i mean but not how to say it. I was counting my tablets. They’re in a blister pack in either lines of 2 or 3 . I take 6 a day so easy enough to count 2 x 3 times a day + 1 wen needed . But my simple mental arithmetic is completely shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

This is my TA lately.

Started a new job, working on something that I haven't done in a while, can't get the words out for the simplest of parts. Feel like a complete idiot for having to ask for reminders

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who put their recycling in refuse sacks. The My Waste slogan is literally "Clean, dry, loose".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I checked my phone yesterday evening, thinking I wouldn't have to charge it until Saturday (tomorrow). When I woke up this morning, checked my watch and it was 6.25. 15 minutes until my alarm goes off, so I turned over for the extra it of rest. Next thing I know, it's 8.03, and I have to be in work for 8.00! I check my phone and it's completely dead. So that was my trivial annoyance...

(On a brighter note, it's a lovely morning, and the roads for my cycle to work were not as busy as might they have been if I had been on time.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Cleaning/wet wipes with plant-based fibres - the effin' STATE of the place now with the sheer amount of poxy fibre dust they leave everywhere 🤬

Think I'll just soak a roll of Bounty in Milton and use that instead.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,934 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wipes in general, all they do is generate waste.

Get some microfibre cloths and wash after use. Wash with all your towels and don't use fabric conditioner, they'll last years and won't leave any dust behind (from the cloth or otherwise, they're brilliant for dusting if used slightly damp).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Coffee shops using non-regular milk without any warning 🤮

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When you're walking out of a shop which has security tag detectors at the entrance and someone else walks through at the same time, setting it off for some reason, but they just walk on, leaving you standing there, looking like the guilty party.

And for cleaning glass, mirrors, windscreens, etc. Some brands do leave microscopic fibres behind (that stick to stuff becsuse of static 🤬), but for the most part they're great, esp. those who feel less soft. A definite 👍.

I'm trivially annoyed that people are reminding me that I probably don't clean stuff enough, with microfibre cloths or otherwise. 😄

That reminds me of how, many years ago when I was in college, a friend had given me a loan of a book that he bought in a secondhand bookshop in Dublin. He said not to bring it into any of the university's libraries because it would set off the alarm (it was originally 'taken' from the University of Nottingham, I seem to remember). Of course the two days I brought it in, I went to multiple libraries before remembering about the book, leading to multiple beeps and (attempted) searches. 🙄

(End of 30+ year old TA)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

If I didn't have visitors I'd never clean 😂😂

(Bathroom and kitchen obvious exceptions, but Cinderella I ain't!!)

The intermittent low hum from my floor . It’s like someone using a small hammer drill to drill holes . It’s not loud but I don’t know what it is and it’s very annoying in a trivial way .

Maybe their microwave is too close to the wall...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁😁😁

I get that if i buy beer. I used to go back in but now I just walk on feeling slightly embarrassed for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Two tellys - one has an LED light that comes on when in use and the other a light goes off when it's in use. 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement