Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The NBA will likely now go full help then Lakers mode and suspend Gobert 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Are we now saying even Rudy Gobert is rigging the NBA for LA? 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The Wolves are lucky the Kyrie trade happened otherwise that Gobert deal would be worst of yhe year.

Suspending Gobert probably helps the Wolves more than the Lakers. Although with Reid injured it would give them a slight bit of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

It was Slovenian night and Luka wanted to play for fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He’s getting suspended because he punched a dude. This isn’t a conspiracy. Let’s try and stay away from ridiculous TAEKs and enjoy the playoffs.

As it is, seems he wasn’t travelling anyway and the team doesn’t want him to play. Just a terrible trade - four 1sts for a guy not on the court when all the chips are in the middle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Lakers getting a lot of luck lately but that’s not their fault, kind of crazy to suspend Golbert when you play against the Davis and LeBron but I totally get why, he hit a teammate even though it’s not that big a deal, beat of the moment stuff but also says a lot about his relationship with his team, they obviously think they can win without him.

Still don’t think Lakers are that good but definitely a route there for them now and if Davis stays healthy and plays at a high level then they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Warriors v Kings on Saturday, been in the bay over 20 years , never thought I’d see the day but its brilliant, people might not realize how close they are, 1hr 30 mins and your there, fans of rival team are in both cities in big numbers due to people moving to sac to buy “cheap” house and sac people coming to bay for work

I think this is a decent match up for Warriors, I didn’t want Suns despite a lot of my friends wanting them early, he’ll no, let another team get a shot first. I don’t expect Sac to be easy, by no means at all, it’s going to be tough but if Warriors use all their experience then they should be able to win, Wiggins is coming back also, he can help with Fox. It will get chippy for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not looking forward to work tomorrow with a 3am Lakers game :(

• Advertisement

Luka sat out of the Slovenia night last year btw……was mentioned on a podcast earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

In an amusing pointless twist of red tape the Nets and Suns will be subject to a coin toss to decide who picks 21st and 22nd as they have identical records.

The daft bit is due to the Durant trade the Nets now have the Suns 1st Rounder anyway. So the Nets will be picking 21st and 22nd regardless.

I suppose it still needs to be done incase they trade one of them…oddity all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Come to the Bulls Trae!

KAT is absolutely on fire and T-Wolves deservedly winning

LeBron gritted it out - great stint from Schroder off the bench after DLo went 1 - 9 from the field.

Really hard fought playoff game. Wolves need to pick themselves up for the second game. Edwards struggled offensively although the Lakers D was as good as it has been.

Lakers first ever team to start 2 - 10 and make the playoffs. Mouth watering series vs the Grizzlies ahead.

Well despite the excitement that was a painful enough game, looked like both teams wanted to lose, some atrocious turnovers, LeBron flopping around like a fish, refs way too involved, Edwards didn’t show up. Wouldn’t be afraid of either team.

Both teams tired imo but also that’s just what it can look like when Defenses are locked in and everything is contested.

It’s not news these teams are flawed, otherwise they wouldn’t have been in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

well i'm sure (thou they may not admit it) the Celtics are glad Miami lost

• Advertisement

Few takeaways from the game.

• Some of Darvin Hams line ups and substitutions are bizarre, which is not news to anyone that's watched them this season. Beasley ended up getting cooked on a few possessions when KAT went at him and there were occasions where KAT was sitting and he never brought Davis back in, instead opting for (I think) Gabriel?
    • LeBron will rightly get credit for some of his offense but his turnovers were horrendous and his guarding (or total lack thereof) of Prince allowed him to get a number of open threes which really got him into a rhythm for the rest of the game.
    • KAT remains a liability on defense and would have fouled out if LeBron had attacked more (or even Reaves / Davis)
    • I assume Edwards was injured, even before his bad fall over Rui Hachimura. He did absolutely nothing. They would have won with any sort of production from him. Though his block on Hachimura was jaw dropping.
    • Reggie Miller in the commentary team mentioned that T-Wolves just stopped cutting and swinging the ball about in the 4th and he could not have been more right. They played brilliant basketball all game but then a total collapse allowed Lakers to get a lot of stops

Anyway, I can't fancy the Lakers against the Grizzlies. The shooting from outside is just too poor and the turnovers have been a consistent flaw in their game. They beat them as recently as March 7th, but that was without Morant (although LeBron was also injured at the time).

Raptors -6 tonight is a bit of a pisstake.

I'm taking my beloved Bulls at -4.5 at 7/2

Tonight is the night Paddy Williams becomes a man. Someone is getting (re) baptised.

Majority of teams are flawed, there were only a couple of games between the 4 and 10 spot.

I think Lakers will struggle to contain Morant, like most teams do but Id fancy Memphis here even though Adams is a big loss

Yeah Lakers are dogs

Grizzlies -3.5 for game one and favs for the series

Lakers can’t afford off stretches in that series if they are to make it competitive

Bulls can't spell defend and LaVine is already honking up stinkers.

I'm giving until the end of the quarter before I wake up the neighbours by **** the TV out the window.

**** the Bulls. There's not a single, solitary, redeeming quality in the whole of this franchise. The 20s are a total and utter wash and I'm not spending the next decade plus bordering on wishing death on people.

I'm out.

HOW BOUT THEM BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Not at all. Still thoroughly fucked short, medium and long term.

• Advertisement

OKC future is supernova bright. SGA and Giddey are studs. Dortz no slouch either.

Advertisement