Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 to 10 Weeks For Windows?

Options
  • 11-04-2023 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know why ALL window companies have a 8 to 10 week turnaround for windows, or more importantly, does anyone know of a company that can provide them in a shorter timeframe? Thanks for your help.

Comments

Anything that has to be custom built is going to take time. I'd say you'll struggle to get them any faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

8 to 10 weeks is pretty standard. If somewhere said be ready in 4 weeks be worried about the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Mine took 6 months. Now gone out to 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

My sister ordered from Munster last Sept and there was only a 3 week lead time; Gradys were 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭paul7g

Thanks all. It's for a outdoor room / garden studio, so I was hoping that some manufactures would have standard sizes in stock... which thankfully seems to be the case after making a few more calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

12 Weeks is normally standard lead time

I've a guy who Id recommend, hasn't let me down to date and normally comes in cheaper than most companies

PM sent over

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Fairco quoted us 4-8 weeks, windows were in within 4, and door is being put in right now, I want to say 7 weeks after we paid booking deposit.

I'm waiting 4 months for Rationel or Munster to show up to do the first survey. The mother got a quote from Munster based on measurements Fairco came out and did for her. Fairco were €17k, Munster quoted €9k. Something doesn't add up, and she's waited 2 months for them to actually come out and do a survey.

I have heard of a massive turnover of Staff lately in a certain Window supplier you mention above

Which is never a great sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

I Heard something similar & nearly got burnt do your homework before you buy as you will have no comeback on the money side once they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Was talking to munster today and was told 2 weeks leadtime from ordering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭society4

No trouble..............PM sent

Advertisement